[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Google Pixel 3a XL

Search This thread

rogersa2k

Aug 12, 2007
I did a fresh install of 0515 unofficial yesterday (on my Pixel 3a XL) and I cannot change most system sounds (ringtone, alarm, charging, etc.). The settings app either crashes or goes back a level.

pesekcuy

Oct 14, 2015
I did a fresh install of 0515 unofficial yesterday (on my Pixel 3a XL) and I cannot change most system sounds (ringtone, alarm, charging, etc.). The settings app either crashes or goes back a level.
I had experienced that as well. Perhaps due to missing media picker.

I installed a file manager and then I am able to pick an audio file as my ringtone and notification sounds. No stock sound variants, though

rogersa2k

Aug 12, 2007
I had experienced that as well. Perhaps due to missing media picker.

I installed a file manager and then I am able to pick an audio file as my ringtone and notification sounds. No stock sound variants, though
Yes, that was exactly it. Once I installed MiXplorer all was well... except that I cannot choose "None" as my default sounds (unless maybe I create an empty notification file).

- Aaron

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Anyone else not getting notifications for visual voicemail? I get no notifications on the dropdown and no sounds even though both are set properly. A number does show up on the voicemail icon within the phone ap and the voicemail does show up and work it just never notifies me.

Also I see absolutely no way to change the green colored accent color to anything else.

lastly when I turn my screen on I get a split second green have on the screen

41rw4lk

Dec 11, 2010
Springfield, MO
Google Pixel 3a XL
Anyone else not getting notifications for visual voicemail? I get no notifications on the dropdown and no sounds even though both are set properly. A number does show up on the voicemail icon within the phone ap and the voicemail does show up and work it just never notifies me.

Also I see absolutely no way to change the green colored accent color to anything else.

lastly when I turn my screen on I get a split second green have on the screen
Accent color is based on your wallpaper, so change your wallpaper; Not a fan myself.
The split second color you see is a transition effect or animation effect I'm sure. Android 12 added a lot of new effects.
As for visual voicemail do you mean TMO's vv app? If so that has been busted for a long time. Native vv works fine on my end. Got sounds, notification, everything works as expected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-215537_Nova7.png
    Screenshot_20220525-215537_Nova7.png
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20220525-215556_Nova7.png
    Screenshot_20220525-215556_Nova7.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20220525-215623_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20220525-215623_Phone.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20220525-215639_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20220525-215639_Phone.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 31

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Accent color is based on your wallpaper, so change your wallpaper; Not a fan myself.
The split second color you see is a transition effect or animation effect I'm sure. Android 12 added a lot of new effects.
As for visual voicemail do you mean TMO's vv app? If so that has been busted for a long time. Native vv works fine on my end. Got sounds, notification, everything works as expected.
I call it visual voicemail from the old days I guess. I am on Verizon and specifically with mine what happens is if I get a voicemail I get no sound alert and no pull down alert though it does show a number on the voicemail icon and the voicemail does indeed work

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Loaded up the official version on friday and everything worked great, except of course how much I hate the theming. Well I just took the upgrade yesterday and rebooted this morning and now I have no internet at all. Wife refuses to turn on and while lte does connect and I am able to make calls browsers and playstore and all internet related apps tell me I am not connected. Tried dirty flashing both the old kernel and the old rom and still not working. Looks like I am going to have to factory reset and start all over again which is extremely frustrating.

Is this just a one off for me? An unfortunate flash or does this new version break stuff?

UPDATE: Reloaded latest version completely clean and all working now. Hopefully this was a one off and wont happen again as I just lost quite a few hours time reloading and reconfiguring everything. Also though I would also let anyone who feels like me that the android 12 theming is awful there is an app that helps alot called "repainter". Its paid but so far its the best way to actually get decent colors on android 12.

Last edited:

Futtbucker34

Jul 22, 2021
Hi guys. does MindtheGapps work on the official rom? I installed it followed directions and installled mindthegapps right after Sideloaded lineage but It does not show any google apps. Do I need to use the unofficial to get google to work?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Hi guys. does MindtheGapps work on the official rom? I installed it followed directions and installled mindthegapps right after Sideloaded lineage but It does not show any google apps. Do I need to use the unofficial to get google to work?
you didn't reboot between ROM and GApps flash - make sure to follow the wiki exactly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel 3a XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Google Pixel 3a XL.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • bonito - Official builds
    • bonito - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.9
    Well I am not having as much luck... I keep getting errors
    Android system intelligence keeps stopping
    This is with the UNOFFICIAL buld from the 21st

Also there does not appear to be any theming colors other then the deafault ones found in stock android. One of the reason I like LOS so much is that gogle does such a horrible job picking allowed theme colors

UPDATE: Loaded the official version and while I dont have the issue with android system intelligence I no longer can find any way to change theme color. In the custom version I had the options to use the standard google colors, in the stock version those choices simply dont exist. I only see wallpaper options and nothing else.

Is it hidden somewhere else under settings as I cant find it

Also changing system icon type doesnt affect all icons, not sure this may be an issue with pure sock as well
    intelligence error will be fixed next build.

As for official not having color selection - yeah, that's a pixel goodies thing.
    Was able to install on my Pixel 3a XL successfully! Sadly there was a niche feature that was removed, but i hope as this rom continues to be developed, the feature might be readded. The feature i am referring to is the Now Playing detection, for the ability for the Pixel to hear music that is playing in background and display it on the Always On Display. Other than that, this is a solid rom. I would give it a 9/10 regardless because LineageOS is a good rom nonetheless.