[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Google Pixel 3a XL

Search This thread

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Hey people. A few of questions about this rom:

1) Does the official rom pass safetynet by default or do I have to install a magisk module (Universal Safetynet Fix by kdrag0n) to get google play certified?

2) Can the audio volume steps be adjusted to smaller or bigger increments, or does the rom use stock google android's 25 volume steps to reach maximum output?

3) Do both official and unofficial roms support NTFS and exFat formatted external USB drives?

4) For updating the rom, will Gapps and Magisk root remain unaffected, or will I have to reinstall them using lineage recovery and abd sideload them?

For installation, could I use official TWRP (current latest version at the time of writing this) to install the rom? If it is possible, what would be done differently using TWRP compared to official lineage recovery?

thanks
1. No.
2. The amount of steps has nothing to do with max output. It's always the same, but yes this mirrors stock.
3. If stock does, yes.
4. They'll persist as long as you use Updater.
5. No, I really wouldn't.

Lycon70492

Sep 19, 2016
1. No.
2. The amount of steps has nothing to do with max output. It's always the same, but yes this mirrors stock.
3. If stock does, yes.
4. They'll persist as long as you use Updater.
5. No, I really wouldn't.
Thanks for replying. Just some clarification for some of the answers given.

1) You answered no. Does that mean the official lineage rom for Pixel 3a XL will never pass safetynet, even with magisk modules like universal safetynet fix or magisk hide props conf?

5) I assume that lineage recovery does not have a backup feature. Hypothetically, after the installation of the rom, could I use TWRP temporarily (using fastboot commands) to create a nandroid backup; or is there another option in creating nandroid backup that doesn't require TWRP?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Thanks for replying. Just some clarification for some of the answers given.

1) You answered no. Does that mean the official lineage rom for Pixel 3a XL will never pass safetynet, even with magisk modules like universal safetynet fix or magisk hide props conf?

5) I assume that lineage recovery does not have a backup feature. Hypothetically, after the installation of the rom, could I use TWRP temporarily (using fastboot commands) to create a nandroid backup; or is there another option in creating nandroid backup that doesn't require TWRP?
1. Magic could probably get you passing, idk.

5. No, use Seedvault built into LineageOS itself to back up.

Lycon70492

Sep 19, 2016
1. Magic could probably get you passing, idk.

5. No, use Seedvault built into LineageOS itself to back up.
I installed the unofficial rom (19-20221111-Unofficial) using its lineage recovery successfully. The installation process wasn't difficult as my experience of installing custom roms is mainly using TWRP as the custom recovery. The hardest part was the wait, as during installation (step 1/2) adb command window reported 47%, which remained for a few minutes until step 2/2 and then Total xfer: 1.00x appeared on adb command.

In order to pass both safetynet and google play certified, I used both universal safetynet fix and magiskhide props config.

Here's something of interest; before installing lineageos 19.1, I checked to see what data formats in external USB drives could the 3a XL access. Stock android running on 3a XL can access FAT32, but not NTFS and exFAT. However, with lineageos 19.1, the 3a XL can access FAT32 and NTFS, but not exFAT.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I installed the unofficial rom (19-20221111-Unofficial) using its lineage recovery successfully. The installation process wasn't difficult as my experience of installing custom roms is mainly using TWRP as the custom recovery. The hardest part was the wait, as during installation (step 1/2) adb command window reported 47%, which remained for a few minutes until step 2/2 and then Total xfer: 1.00x appeared on adb command.

In order to pass both safetynet and google play certified, I used both universal safetynet fix and magiskhide props config.

Here's something of interest; before installing lineageos 19.1, I checked to see what data formats in external USB drives could the 3a XL access. Stock android running on 3a XL can access FAT32, but not NTFS and exFAT. However, with lineageos 19.1, the 3a XL can access FAT32 and NTFS, but not exFAT.
expected, if stock can't use exfat lineage can't.

treefrog20012003

Jan 21, 2011
Wooster
Google Pixel 3a XL
It's been a long time since I've messed with custom roms and I'm having a problem that I'm sure is a simple thing. I've installed LOS on my pixel 3a xl without any trouble but I have not been able to get mind the Gapps package to install Google play. The apps from the Aurora store seem to work but the Google play is missing so what am I doing wrong? TIA for the help.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
It's been a long time since I've messed with custom roms and I'm having a problem that I'm sure is a simple thing. I've installed LOS on my pixel 3a xl without any trouble but I have not been able to get mind the Gapps package to install Google play. The apps from the Aurora store seem to work but the Google play is missing so what am I doing wrong? TIA for the help.
Follow the wiki guide.

You need to reboot to recovery after installing ROM to install GApps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel 3a XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Google Pixel 3a XL.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • bonito - Official builds
    • bonito - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.9
    Hey all! The final 19.1 unofficial are rolling right now.

From here on it will be 20 builds for these devices only when it comes to unofficials.

The device will continue receiving official 19.1 for some time, but 20 will launch soon enough, so get ready to migrate using the upgrade guides!
    Well I am not having as much luck... I keep getting errors
    Android system intelligence keeps stopping
    This is with the UNOFFICIAL buld from the 21st

Also there does not appear to be any theming colors other then the deafault ones found in stock android. One of the reason I like LOS so much is that gogle does such a horrible job picking allowed theme colors

UPDATE: Loaded the official version and while I dont have the issue with android system intelligence I no longer can find any way to change theme color. In the custom version I had the options to use the standard google colors, in the stock version those choices simply dont exist. I only see wallpaper options and nothing else.

Is it hidden somewhere else under settings as I cant find it

Also changing system icon type doesnt affect all icons, not sure this may be an issue with pure sock as well
    intelligence error will be fixed next build.

As for official not having color selection - yeah, that's a pixel goodies thing.