[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Google Pixel 4 XL

Search This thread
Yes! i have the same problem from last yesterday UPDATE...

I have GPS green icon on upside right on the screen every time than i unlock the phone
Thanks I figured it wasn't just me and was ROM related but to confirm, I rolled back (fresh rebuild) of the previous update with no other changes (same GAPPs package/MAGISK/safetynet fix) and it went away so it's something with the latest release.

Rolling back to the May 8th works to solve the latest release GPS always on issue. This version runs pretty flawless with no issues anymore and everything works so I'll remain here for a bit (on 8th).

Last edited:
Hey guys, how do you get Magisk installed if there is no TWRP recovery that is A12 compatible?
install latest magisk app from github, open magisk, select install, select patch boot, find the stock boot.img (download from LOS), patch boot.img within magisk app (choose patch option) then copy that magisk patched boot.img (from phone download folder) to PC. Open CMD (PC), make sure ADB is in the path, or CD to the folder where you downloaded/saved the SDK Tools / ADB, then "fastboot flash --slot all boot /path/to/file.img". I do agree with the other comment, this is very readily available on the net so this really didn't need to be laid out. I didn't want you to make a mistake and lose data so I laid it out for you and others to help newbs but a VERY simple search would have laid it out as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: albatros_1994

albatros_1994

Jun 16, 2011
Upplands Väsby
Google Pixel 4 XL
install latest magisk app from github, open magisk, select install, select patch boot, find the stock boot.img (download from LOS), patch boot.img within magisk app (choose patch option) then copy that magisk patched boot.img (from phone download folder) to PC. Open CMD (PC), make sure ADB is in the path, or CD to the folder where you downloaded/saved the SDK Tools / ADB, then "fastboot flash --slot all boot /path/to/file.img". I do agree with the other comment, this is very readily available on the net so this really didn't need to be laid out. I didn't want you to make a mistake and lose data so I laid it out for you and others to help newbs but a VERY simple search would have laid it out as well.
Thanks for the help, i have patched the boot.img but i need my private pc to flash it as my work computer does not allow me to install the driver i need. Thanks again

Thanks for the help, i have patched the boot.img but i need my private pc to flash it as my work computer does not allow me to install the driver i need. Thanks again
No worries! Once you are ROOT'd, you can use FKM or EX kernel manager(s) to do future .img or kernel patching without PC. FKM/EX will flash the images for you within Android (ROOT). Its pretty cool!

Great, all worked. I've been using custom roms and rooted phones for the last 10 years and i had no idea it was this easy to just patch the boot.img. Thanks for helping
no worries! my pleasure, and yup its easy peasy with MAGISK and A/B slots (once you get the hang of it). I am glad it worked for ya! let me know if you need help for anything else!

Reactions: Curiousn00b
This morning's update seems better with the GPS / indicator issue from the previous week. I did a dirty update (through settings / update), forced prioritize, rebooted, and bingo, no more GPS issues (so far). I will keep an eye on it, and watch it, but it seems better so far!

LOS_1.jpg
LOS_2.jpg
5-22-2022 10-22-58 AM.jpg

Reactions: insestito
This morning's update seems better with the GPS / indicator issue from the previous week. I did a dirty update (through settings / update), forced prioritize, rebooted, and bingo, no more GPS issues (so far). I will keep an eye on it, and watch it, but it seems better so far!

View attachment 5620037View attachment 5620039View attachment 5620043

I may have spoken to soon, I am seeing the GPS indicator but GPS is not enabled, however it goes away (which is different than last week). I will watch it over the day or so, and if its good, I will confirm, but if its still happening, I am rolling back (but I will confirm how it goes).

If anyone else sees it, or has this happen, let me know.

-edit 2, I'm fairly certain it's still happening

Last edited:
"Gps activated green icon" fixed on last update.

Thanks for the last update.
I am still getting it, but I am not convinced its truly location, just the GPS LED is firing with certain events (my location is ALWAYS off) and all apps are denied GPS (so really nothing should be calling location), unless I need, then I one off allow it:

5-24-2022 4-47-33 PM.jpg
5-25-2022 11-43-41 AM.jpg

Last edited:

a_khusairi

Apr 2, 2015
Google Pixel 2 XL
Man the GPS location indicator is such an annoying bug. Its bothering the crap out of me and making me paranoid.

Be glad when we find a solution to this bug
to disable location usage indicators I use this command using ADB : adb shell device_config put privacy location_indicators_enabled false default

To re-enable, replace "false" with "true

Reactions: curiousrom
to disable location usage indicators I use this command using ADB : adb shell device_config put privacy location_indicators_enabled false default

To re-enable, replace "false" with "true
I know that exists, but thats a workaround to a critical notificatioon (that's buggy right now), so be careful with this. I dont want anyone to forget, then have GPS firing when you do not allow it, or you might not have the GPS LED signals when needed. Also in dev options, I believe you can do the same thing, but per my note, I didnt mess around with it (so I cant personally confirm it works or not). I figured its best to wait for it to be fixed in the LOS code upstream and not tweak anything local (but to each his or her own), just a friendy reminder to be careful.

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
Delaware
Google Pixel 4 XL
I know that exists, but thats a workaround to a critical notificatioon (that's buggy right now), so be careful with this. I dont want anyone to forget, then have GPS firing when you do not allow it, or you might not have the GPS LED signals when needed. Also in dev options, I believe you can do the same thing, but per my note, I didnt mess around with it (so I cant personally confirm it works or not). I figured its best to wait for it to be fixed in the LOS code upstream and not tweak anything local (but to each his or her own), just a friendy reminder to be careful.
Saw some people over in the Proton Telegram group talking about this, not sure if this is the same thing or not since I mainly have my location on anyways, but here's what someone posted and kDragon acknowledged it as well. Being that's it Lineage, it uses AOSP dialer though, so not even sure if this applies to that.

Again, not 100% sure, but just passing information on. p:

Edit: screenshot was from GrapheneOS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220527-105833_Telegram.png
    Screenshot_20220527-105833_Telegram.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Saw some people over in the Proton Telegram group talking about this, not sure if this is the same thing or not since I mainly have my location on anyways, but here's what someone posted and kDragon acknowledged it as well. Being that's it Lineage, it uses AOSP dialer though, so not even sure if this applies to that.

I think its something like this as well, basically because my GPS is always off, with no apps allowed and it seems to fire against RIL operations (cell) so that lines up exactly with my gut hunch so I like it. IDK if its it or not, but I would assume so, and I am OK with it, as long as its NOT true GPS (which I haven't proved/disproved yet). I am basically waiting for next update to see what happens, if its there, I will move back to descendant for the time being (which doesnt have this issue), but if not, then all good and I will remain on LOS.

Either way, I suspect it will be fixed soon enough so either we wait it out, or hack it (then possibly forget), so I am just leaving it how it is for now.

a_khusairi

Apr 2, 2015
Google Pixel 2 XL

when connected to a wifi or data network, the app that we open will sometimes access our location without the GPS open

Attachments

• photo_2022-05-28_16-29-20.jpg
    photo_2022-05-28_16-29-20.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 32

Top Liked Posts