[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Google Pixel 4 XL

Search This thread
Their code is all apache licensed. It's open to be pushed anywhere you want.

But thanks.
Then I'll definitely look into it! I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd appreciate having the ability to directly set accent colors again. I'll see about coming up with the patches and testing them against a "virgin" LOS 19.1 setup, then look into pushing them onto the Gerrit. Never done that before, so it'll be a fun learning experience! 😎

Reactions: npjohnson
Then I'll definitely look into it! I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd appreciate having the ability to directly set accent colors again. I'll see about coming up with the patches and testing them against a "virgin" LOS 19.1 setup, then look into pushing them onto the Gerrit. Never done that before, so it'll be a fun learning experience! 😎
I am pretty sure you can do this with the "Pixel Addon" MAGISK module already (but I could be misunderstanding what you end goal is) but check it out first before going crazy code changing (unless youre like me and have fun doing so). The lite one works for LOS, the full for stock and since its a module for MAGISK, its enable/disable from the manager to apply/remove with no leftovers (module removes everything when disabled):

(here are a few options):

What is this?
This is a Magisk module that adds the following cool custom features to any Pixel device (from 3a to 6 Pro) running stock Android 12 Pixel ROM:
  • Enable/Disable Google Sans font system wide
  • Adds Icon Styles and Icon Shapes overlays from Android 11
  • Fonts options
  • Enable/Disable Combined signal icons
  • Pixel 6 Wallpapers (requires an extra module, please check downloads section)
  • Adds 2 button mode navigation (it was removed on Android 11 but I think some users like that navigation mode, so I add it)
  • Adaptive sound options
  • Enable Voice access for all Pixel devices
  • Navigation bar options (reduce keyboard bottom space size, completely remove NavBar, invert layout*, set back gesture height*)
  • Enable/Disable SystemUI Tuner
  • Enable Game Overlay for all Pixels by default (although, if something goes wrong while playing games, you can disable this feature)
  • Enable/Disable dual tone battery meter (it only works on icon portrait mode)
  • Enable/Disable showing the number of unread messages on status bar notifications
  • Reduce Status bar height (and option to correct left padding on devices with the notch on the left)
  • Enable/Disable more themed icons on launcher (some apps don't have a themed icon so it won't work for all apps)
  • Enable/Disable left shortcut on Lock screen
  • Enable/Disable camera shortcut on Lock screen
  • Enable/Disable gradient effect on QS Tiles and Brightness slider
  • Hide gestures navbar pill (using transparency)
  • Colorize gestures navbar pill with dynamic accent color
  • Dark Themes from Android 11 Addon Features
  • Choose QS number of rows
  • Brightness slider padding and thick track options
  • Enhanced Google Dialer (to enable stuff like Call Recording and etc.)
  • Enhanced Smart Space (to enable stuff like Flashlight, Earthquakes options, etc.)
  • Enables some newer Pixel features to older Pixel devices (things like Live Translate, Haptic feedback settings, etc.)
  • Enable/Disable option to reduce QS Tiles text size (works better on some QS Tiles themes)
  • Option to install Tap Tap (a great app for devices without Quick Tap and even for the ones that have it)

These next features, also included in the MOD, indicates that framework-res and/or SystemUI were modded. This means that these next features will only work on devices running stock Android 12 Pixel ROM. I'll talk more about this later.
  • Enable/Disable Wifi + Cell QS Tiles instead of single Internet QS Tile
  • Battery Styles
  • Clock Customization
  • Network Traffic Indicators
  • QS Battery percentage independent options (show estimate time remaining or just percentage)
  • Dual tone Light/Dark themes for Quick Settings Panel and Power Menu
  • Album art on lock screen options
  • Music visualizer options
  • QS Quick pulldown with one finger (options are off, drag from the top left, drag from the top right and drag from anywhere on the top)
  • Revamped Screenshot service (it allows us to delete screenshot as soon as we take it and we can enable/disable screenshot shutter sound)
  • Show/Hide QS Edit icon on QS footer
  • Show/Hide Quick access Developer options icon on QS footer
  • Quick access Rom Control app by long pressing on QS Footer Settings icon
  • Edit Back gesture navigation height
  • Enable/Disable inverted layout for 2 and 3 button navigation modes
  • Enable/Disable carrier text on lock screen
  • Date, clock and battery click actions on QS Header (long click on clock goes to system time settings, simple click opens clock app)
  • QS Tiles animations and vibration options
  • Disabled icon blacklist on both status bar and lock screen(the icons can be disabled using SystemUI Tuner for those who don't want some icons to appear anywhere)
  • Override feature flags (This allows us to override feature flags manually using setprop persist.sysui.flag."whatever_flag_we_want" command)
  • Use 4G instead of LTE option
  • Resize navbar pill (normal, medium, big)
  • Tap to add or remove tiles in QS customizer
  • Enable/disable QQS Brightness slider
  • Enable/disable default QS Brightness slider
  • Auto brightness QS icon (on/off)
  • Brightness slider position (Top, Bottom)
  • Double tap to sleep on status bar
  • Double tap to sleep on lock screen
  • Enable/disable Double-line clock on lock screen and AOD
  • Enable/disable circle background on lock screen fingerprint icon (it only does anything on devices that have it, obviously)
  • Force accent color on ripple animation while unlocking with fingerprint
  • QS Tiles Styles
  • Edge Sense Plus MOD (it only works on devices with active edge sensor)
  • Battery Bar

-------------------//------------------

• Rom Control app (to setup all these options)

Attachments

• 2022-06-27_6-27-30.jpg
    2022-06-27_6-27-30.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 40

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
Delaware
Google Pixel 4 XL
I am pretty sure you can do this with the "Pixel Addon" MAGISK module already (but I could be misunderstanding what you end goal is) but check it out first before going crazy code changing (unless youre like me and have fun doing so). The lite one works for LOS, the full for stock and since its a module for MAGISK, its enable/disable from the manager to apply/remove with no leftovers (module removes everything when disabled):

What is this?
This is a Magisk module that adds the following cool custom features to any Pixel device (from 3a to 6 Pro) running stock Android 12 Pixel ROM:
  • Fonts options
  • Adds 2 button mode navigation (it was removed on Android 11 but I think some users like that navigation mode, so I add it)
  • Adaptive sound options
  • Navigation bar options (reduce keyboard bottom space size, completely remove NavBar, invert layout*, set back gesture height*)
  • Enable Game Overlay for all Pixels by default (although, if something goes wrong while playing games, you can disable this feature)
  • Enable/Disable showing the number of unread messages on status bar notifications
  • Reduce Status bar height (and option to correct left padding on devices with the notch on the left)
  • Enable/Disable more themed icons on launcher (some apps don't have a themed icon so it won't work for all apps)
  • Enhanced Smart Space (to enable stuff like Flashlight, Earthquakes options, etc.)
  • Enables some newer Pixel features to older Pixel devices (things like Live Translate, Haptic feedback settings, etc.)
  • Enable/Disable option to reduce QS Tiles text size (works better on some QS Tiles themes)
  • Option to install Tap Tap (a great app for devices without Quick Tap and even for the ones that have it)

These next features, also included in the MOD, indicates that framework-res and/or SystemUI were modded. This means that these next features will only work on devices running stock Android 12 Pixel ROM. I'll talk more about this later.
  • Battery Styles
  • Clock Customization
  • QS Battery percentage independent options (show estimate time remaining or just percentage)
  • QS Quick pulldown with one finger (options are off, drag from the top left, drag from the top right and drag from anywhere on the top)
  • Revamped Screenshot service (it allows us to delete screenshot as soon as we take it and we can enable/disable screenshot shutter sound)
  • Date, clock and battery click actions on QS Header (long click on clock goes to system time settings, simple click opens clock app)
  • Disabled icon blacklist on both status bar and lock screen(the icons can be disabled using SystemUI Tuner for those who don't want some icons to appear anywhere)
  • Override feature flags (This allows us to override feature flags manually using setprop persist.sysui.flag."whatever_flag_we_want" command)
  • Enable/disable circle background on lock screen fingerprint icon (it only does anything on devices that have it, obviously)
  • QS Tiles Styles
  • Battery Bar

This mod was migrated to a Magisk/LSPosed mod and is more compatible with roms since it's through XPosed now.

This mod was migrated to a Magisk/LSPosed mod and is more compatible with roms since it's through XPosed now.

Truth be told, I have only ever used (or know it) as a MAGISK module, so IDK what it was at prior. I use it now on LOS and works pretty good and have tested on stock firmware + a few stock'sh like (ProtonAOSP), ETC.

Last edited:

24ky

Aug 25, 2012
Amsterdam
Google Pixel 4 XL
@npjohnson

It's been years since I developed anything on Android

But today i downloaded the lineage os 19.1 source to my PC via their guide. And I was just wondering since I have source for the kernel if I could get some insight again on how these new devices work.. after compile are we left with a zImage or am I that far gone from my previous knowledge?

And I mean it's been years since I did any kernel work back with @xXminiWHOOPERxX here on xda we where able to build custom kernels for devices for HTC. Even brought unofficial roms to those devices...

Anyways is their a lineage 19.1 custom kernel yet and if not then I'm wanting to try on my own to get one made!

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
@npjohnson

It's been years since I developed anything on Android

But today i downloaded the lineage os 19.1 source to my PC via their guide. And I was just wondering since I have source for the kernel if I could get some insight again on how these new devices work.. after compile are we left with a zImage or am I that far gone from my previous knowledge?

And I mean it's been years since I did any kernel work back with @xXminiWHOOPERxX here on xda we where able to build custom kernels for devices for HTC. Even brought unofficial roms to those devices...

Anyways is their a lineage 19.1 custom kernel yet and if not then I'm wanting to try on my own to get one made!
zImage is built via mka kernel - same as always.

insestito

Jul 29, 2009

Attachments

• konabess-0706150526.txt
    687 bytes · Views: 7
Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK

24ky

Aug 25, 2012
Amsterdam
Google Pixel 4 XL

What is this?
  • Fonts options
  • Adaptive sound options

• Battery Styles
  • Clock Customization
  • QS Tiles Styles
  • Battery Bar

Does this work on OP unofficial LOS 19.1 with pixel stuff added, does it conflict with his rom.?

Does this work on OP unofficial LOS 19.1 with pixel stuff added, does it conflict with his rom.?
I have no idea, I do not use unofficial anything (unless its MY OWN UNOFFICIAL, that I myself wrote/baked), but my best guess is SURE DOES. Try it, you are safe to test it, its an easy undo. This is a MAGISK module, so worst case scenario, if it fails, bricks, bootloops, you can recover pretty simple. Just and disable the module, then remove it, reboot and undone. MAGISK is system-less, so its not written to the /system, meaning it doesn't actually change Android's system partition. Because of this, you can undo on the fly so I suggest trying it, testing it, and reporting back here to let us know your results.

But again, I would fully expect it to work on the unofficial, but I cant 100% confirm because I wont ever run an unofficial anything. It works perfectly fine on the official LOS, just make sure you choose the LITE version, DO NOT USE THE FULL version on LOS. You will loop, and it wont boot, but don't worry if you do it by accident. Because its a system-less module, nothing was permanently changed so it wont break anything but you will loop if you use the FULL and not the LITE version. If it happens, then you just need to disable the module, then remove it, reboot and it will boot normally (this extra info is just in case you or someone else installs the FULL version on LOS by accident). If using the LITE version, you should be good to go on the unofficial, but I cant say it will work one way or the other because I am ONLY EVER on official!

Let us know how it goes and REMEMBER TO CHOOSE THE LITE VERSION WITH LOS!!!

LOS 7-10 OTA update worked perfectly fine so you can take the OTA update without issue or sideload it, but the OTA worked great (make sure prioritize is on). I try to test all weekly releases through OTA for LOS users ASAP. I do this to make sure it works before any other users try it, just in case.

This is why I send these messages in the forum after the weekly update is released (in case anyone is wondering why I do it):

LOS_UPDATEProgress.png
LOS_ver.png

insestito

Jul 29, 2009
LOS 7-10 OTA update worked perfectly fine so you can take the OTA update without issue or sideload it, but the OTA worked great (make sure prioritize is on). I try to test all weekly releases through OTA for LOS users ASAP. I do this to make sure it works before any other users try it, just in case.

This is why I send these messages in the forum after the weekly update is released (in case anyone is wondering why I do it):

View attachment 5656393View attachment 5656395
one question, do you use any custom kernel? i have bootloop with elemental, kirisakura and clean slate...
last Clean slate + LOS without root i have bootloop also

edit: reinstalled magisk 24 and now work all kernels.

Last edited:
one question, do you use any custom kernel? i have bootloop with elemental, kirisakura and clean slate...
last Clean slate + LOS without root i have bootloop also

edit: reinstalled magisk 24 and now work all kernels.
Yeah but be careful going higher with MAGISK versions, I also had issues with custom kernels (but running a higher MAGISK ver). The older versions still work with custom kernels but I haven't tested anything recently since upgrading MAGISK.

That means, right now no, I am not on custom kernel, because I like the latest MAGISK but I normally I run Kirisakura.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fabulous Rom...🔥🔥
    Absolute stability and smoothness...
    Huge thanks to developer🤟🤟 @npjohnson for this amazing LOS...
    Buddy I am getting an issue regarding installation of Viper4Android rootless driver zip..
    First I installed the zip file through recovery and smoothly gets installed but whenever I download the apk v4a , it shows driver not installed and required root permission...
    I have also installed viper on other devices (some redmi devices) too and they works great on them...
    Why is it not installing in pixel...and I tried almost every versions of apks...
    Fabulous Rom...🔥🔥
    Absolute stability and smoothness...
    Huge thanks to developer🤟🤟 @npjohnson for this amazing LOS...
    Buddy I am getting an issue regarding installation of Viper4Android rootless driver zip..
    First I installed the zip file through recovery and smoothly gets installed but whenever I download the apk v4a , it shows driver not installed and required root permission...
    I have also installed viper on other devices (some redmi devices) too and they works great on them...
    Why is it not installing in pixel...and I tried almost every versions of apks...
    If you use Magisk, these are the install steps.

1. Install V4A module and open the app(don't click yes yet)
    2. Install Audio Modification Library
    3. Open V4A back and install the module
    4. Uncheck AML when booted up and reboot
    5. Open V4A and install it again

Upon booting, it should be working(might have to turn legacy mode on). You can do whatever you want with AML after that.

As for rootless, never done it that way since I haven't used TWRP since the Pixel 2.
    Thanks for reply...
    Through Magisk I already have done that...
    But I want to install rootless...
    As I don't want to root...
    I have also installed on some redmi devices and they works great but the issue comes when I tried to installed in this device i.e. pixel 4/xl
    I would suggest to ask this in the viper forums, this isnt a ROM or LOS specific issue and it 100% works with MAGISK and ROOT. This makes it a, the choice is yours. Use MAGISK and system-less ROOT / Viper MAGISK, or ask for the viper specific (non-ROOT) method in the viper forums, not here.

We can only help so far when its 3rd party but unrelated to the ROM so you will get much better help, in the Viper forums, not here.
    Is it because of it not being able to be decompiled or something far more like licencing issues?
    We can decompile it all we want but we can't just copy reverse engineered code.

Maybe at some point down the road there will be a clean room re-implementation, but for now there is not one for SOLI

lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel 4 XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Google Pixel 4 XL.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • coral - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.​
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.14
    Need to flash this asap! 👍
    Brilliant Stuff. (y)(y)(y)

Thank you.
    So I just installed LineageOS 18.1 a week ago.

Let me get this straight:
    In order to upgrade to LineageOS 19 i simply install the build via adb + the gapps?
    No wiping or anything required?

Or can i just install your unofficial build @npjohnson via adb and im done? Because gapps are included in your version.
    follow the upgrade guide on the wiki.

If you installed officials, you can't install mine without a wipe first.
    Google Pixel 4 XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.
    AWESOME! Thank you! I will be testing LOS A12 soon and will report back!!