Recognized Developer
lineage-os-logo.png

LG G6

Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the LG G6.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.

Official Builds:
Unofficial - built once a month by me, includes GApps and Pixel goodies:
If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
  • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
  • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
Notes:
  • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
  • This uses a port of Linux kernel version 4.4.
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996

AShiningRay

Sep 1, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
LG V20
Don't mind me, just passing by to make sure XDA actually notifies me when something comes up on G6's side!

In other words: Hey there G6 community! Been a while since i showed up over here, last time was on @ROMSG 's CRDroid 9.8 BETA for Android 12.1 if i'm not mistaken.

Gonna keep things brief on this message so... those LineageOS releases for G6 going forward are a culmination of all the testing and feedback done on this device ever since that CRDroid beta (actually a bit earlier internally) and even though it does perform well on its current state, we're still counting on you all to report any problems!

jis251

Aug 2, 2013
('h870', 'Monday, 2023-05-08') ('h872', 'Saturday, 2023-05-06') ('us997', 'Thursday, 2023-05-04')
HI. And thank you for your work
I noticed that there is unofficial build for H870. I am on Lineage 18.1, so can I dirty flash this 19.1 or do I need to wipe data? The instructions does not have that option, only flash over stock rom with wipe.
I have TWRP.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

LG G6

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the LG G6.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.

Official Builds:
    Unofficial - built once a month by me, includes GApps and Pixel goodies:
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • IMS (VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling) doesn't work due to framework tie-ins used by the LG proprietary binaries.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • This uses a port of Linux kernel version 4.4.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    Thread reopened @npjohnson

Just fixed the final hurdle to 20.0, not saying it will come _soon_ but we now have a path to official 20.0 builds.
    Builds will roll within a week!
    Don't mind me, just passing by to make sure XDA actually notifies me when something comes up on G6's side!

In other words: Hey there G6 community! Been a while since i showed up over here, last time was on @ROMSG 's CRDroid 9.8 BETA for Android 12.1 if i'm not mistaken.

Gonna keep things brief on this message so... those LineageOS releases for G6 going forward are a culmination of all the testing and feedback done on this device ever since that CRDroid beta (actually a bit earlier internally) and even though it does perform well on its current state, we're still counting on you all to report any problems!