[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Moto G7/G7 Power

Search This thread

lifeanon269

Jul 31, 2022
Are you still having this problem?. Because I have important data on my phone and I don't want they get corrupted. I've highlighted the possible cause in the attached photo but I'm not completely sure.
Yes, the issue still persists for me. I have held off on doing anything yet as 1) I haven't had the time to test anything out and 2) I was going to wait and see if a future OTA update might resolve it.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Are you still having this problem?. Because I have important data on my phone and I don't want they get corrupted. I've highlighted the possible cause in the attached photo but I'm not completely sure.
I need someone on an older build like you are.

Do me a favor please and use adoptable storage on sd card, then put any file on, take an md5sum (either via adb shell md5sum /path/to/file or via any of the apps that do this), then reboot, and take an md5sum of the file.

If they match, I messed up and will fix this.

If they don't match then this commit you reference was totally right and users that were currently using adoptable storage will need to reformat their sd cards.

fede2782

Jun 28, 2022
Moto G7
Xiaomi Mi A3
I tried to do this test and the md5sum remains the same. I tried with a very old sdcard, but I think the result will be the same with a new one. However will you modify this only in your builds or directly in the official repos?

Results:
Before: dc2f1cd4910560a49c7157bcf4bca866
After:
dc2f1cd4910560a49c7157bcf4bca866

File I used attached

Last edited:

fede2782

Jun 28, 2022
Moto G7
Xiaomi Mi A3
Use settings, because recovery removes addons like magisk or gapps. If you want to use recovery you have to reflash addons otherwise you have to wipe data. More info in lineageos wiki of moto g7

Reactions: Casper1982

thebestofall007

May 29, 2017
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G7
The analog FM radio is broken on 19.1. However, I don't think it has been forgotten (see this) and I hope it will be fixed eventually.
That's good it's in the works. I used the pixel experience ROM based on android 12 and the radio did work, but for some reason the ROM was unstable on my phone. The mobile kept turning on and off, I wasn't able to make a call, and the keyboard wouldn't stay put for more than a second.

Last edited:
Reactions: notmyrealhandle

greenmatrix

Jul 24, 2014
Hoping someone here can help me, I don't understand why I am unable to install lineageos on my moto g7 power (ocean, XT1955-2).

I previously installed lineageos 18.1 on this phone half a year ago successfully. I ran into some issues and switched back to stock. Now I've tried to install LOS again.

Before installing, have wiped the phone to stock with the Lenovo Recovery Assistant tool. Able to boot into stock Android 10.

I've followed the wiki to a T. Latest version of fastboot and adb. Fastboot flash boot LOS recovery. Copy partitions zip, reboot to recovery, factory reset, install zip file. The zip file installs successfully with 0 code, but always when I boot, the boot hangs on the LOS startup logo.
I've tried installing from external sd card instead of adb sideload. I've tried older versions of LOS. Tried using TWRP (newest version on TWRP website) instead of LOS recovery.

Always the LOS zip installs, but the boot hangs on the logo and never finishes.

I think it is installing to the correct slot. If I flash the copy partitions zip to A, the active slot becomes B in LOS recovery.

Could this be some hardware malfunction that is tripping the kernel? Similar to this problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/wpc8kh
Really appreciate any help getting LOS to finally boot.

fede2782

Jun 28, 2022
Moto G7
Xiaomi Mi A3
Hi, I suggest you reinstall the stock os using Rescue and Smart Assistant so you make sure the firmware is correct. I don't know if using reinstalling stock os locks the bootloader, however, make sure it remains unlocked. Then, boot into fastboot and flash recovery using the "fastboot flash boot recovery.img" command. Boot in recovery, format data and cache, flash copy partitions, and then lineageos correct zip. If you want to flash also gapps and magisk you should install now. I make here an error by restarting the recovery and continue flashing other zips. I think that you should never reboot until you have finished flashing every zip you want. Because rebooting will change the slot, so make sure the slot you start using is the same before the reboot. I think you can also flash everything in both slots. I hope this works. Goodbye!

More info here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ocean
Complete install guide: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ocean/install
Downloads here: https://download.lineageos.org/ocean

greenmatrix

Jul 24, 2014
Thank you for the reply Fede.

Bootloader remains unlocked when reinstalling stock os. I followed your instructions, they differ from the wiki instructions in doing a factory reset before the copy partitions, and not rebooting the recovery before flashing the LOS zip file. Unfortunately I had the same problem, boot was stuck at the LOS animation. I let it go over a half hour but it did not boot.

That is a good idea to ensure remaining on the same slot. However, shouldn't the copy partitions zip program make both slots the same, making it unnecessary to stay on the same slot?

TheShanMan

Oct 29, 2013
Does android have some sort of a boot log? I wonder if you can figure out what app is causing it to hang and remove it from the priv-apps directory, or at least do a little experimenting with that. I have an old phone that I can't degoogle with something like LOS, so I followed a guide on removing google apps from priv-apps. I then started experimenting with removing more bloat and in some cases that has caused the boot process to hang so I had to put them back. Granted, LOS doesn't really have bloat, but maybe one of the priv-apps is causing your hang and isn't actually essential to android booting and running. Pure speculation there. I'm just throwing out a brainstorming idea for you. For reference, the guide I followed is from https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-degoogle-device-install-microg-t4058743.

BTK19

Jan 25, 2021
EARTH
Amazon Fire TV
Nexus 6

Bootloader remains unlocked when reinstalling stock os. I followed your instructions, they differ from the wiki instructions in doing a factory reset before the copy partitions, and not rebooting the recovery before flashing the LOS zip file. Unfortunately I had the same problem, boot was stuck at the LOS animation. I let it go over a half hour but it did not boot.

That is a good idea to ensure remaining on the same slot. However, shouldn't the copy partitions zip program make both slots the same, making it unnecessary to stay on the same slot?
Try running fastboot -w from bootloader after flashing

fede2782

Jun 28, 2022
Moto G7
Xiaomi Mi A3

That is a good idea to ensure remaining on the same slot. However, shouldn't the copy partitions zip program make both slots the same, making it unnecessary to stay on the same
Your are right, the important thing is that after the copy partitions, if you reboot, you should not reboot again after LOS zip. I have no idea because I have no Moto g7 power but Moto G7 (normal).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I resolved the issue by (again) flashing to stock and running copy-partitions and booting/configuring under stock and getting volte working under stock and then re-installing 19.1 and copy-partitions. No visible differences - same baseband and versions reported - but now it works. Some Motorola-AT&T secret partition configuration weirdness?
    I might be having the same problem. I'm getting no service and I also have AT&T. I might just try reverting back to 18.1, since this sounds difficult. Where can I get the los 18.1 rom?
    @CitySquirrel All I did was flash stock using the Motorola tool, verify proper functionality, and then reinstall lineage in the standard way. I'm on AT&T via Consumer Cellular. The problem I believe is related to US carriers dropping 3G this year, and VoLTE not working properly on our phones for whatever reason.

If you're wanting microg, install the "lineage for microg" rom instead. That's what I did. https://lineage.microg.org/
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7/G7 Power

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Moto G7/G7 Power.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • Moto G7
      • river - Official builds
      • river - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    • Moto G7 Power
      • ocean - Official builds
      • ocean - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_sdm632
    I did. Just wanted to be sure because sometimes the guides leave out steps. Install was fine, looks like it is missing the FM Radio app, any reason why? Thanks.
    Fixing it.
    Only issue I have so far is a pop up telling me "Android System Intelligence keeps stopping".
    My brain notification service shows the same message from time to time as well: "System Intelligence keeps stopping" :)
    Only issue I have so far is a pop up telling me "Android System Intelligence keeps stopping".
    Fixed in next build.
    Intelligence error fixed in next build.
    Thank you!