[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Moto G7/G7 Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kramttocs

Aug 16, 2010
I have the same problem with my gps. Sometimes I can calibrate it close to what it should be but it always loses calibration at some point and getting it recalibrated is hit and miss. Super frustrating. I wonder if going back to 18.1 would fix it. I might try going back one of these days to see if my gps and call issues go away. I don't recall if the problem coincided with upgrading, because I don't make calls or use the gps very often so it wasn't something I would've noticed right after upgrading.
Glad it's not just me. Google Maps must think I am driving blindfolded or just trying to annoy it on purpose. Same boat - I don't use gps enough to say when it started. It's painful though. Would try out an older version or another rom to test but the easy LineageOS updates have spoiled me to the point that I'd have to read up again on the A-B stuff.

CitySquirrel

May 26, 2022
It is just 'install from microsd' or something like that - do you already have the files on a microsd card formatted to fat32 inserted in the phone?
Maybe that's why I didn't see the option. I haven't tried that, but I found a work around in this youtube video:

I was using the microg package before, which didn't work for me.

CitySquirrel

May 26, 2022
I resolved the issue by (again) flashing to stock and running copy-partitions and booting/configuring under stock and getting volte working under stock and then re-installing 19.1 and copy-partitions. No visible differences - same baseband and versions reported - but now it works. Some Motorola-AT&T secret partition configuration weirdness?
I might be having the same problem. I'm getting no service and I also have AT&T. I might just try reverting back to 18.1, since this sounds difficult. Where can I get the los 18.1 rom?

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

TheShanMan

Oct 29, 2013
@CitySquirrel All I did was flash stock using the Motorola tool, verify proper functionality, and then reinstall lineage in the standard way. I'm on AT&T via Consumer Cellular. The problem I believe is related to US carriers dropping 3G this year, and VoLTE not working properly on our phones for whatever reason.

If you're wanting microg, install the "lineage for microg" rom instead. That's what I did. https://lineage.microg.org/

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Reactions: Inuytroxa

Hitei

Nov 3, 2015
Hi.
For anyone having problem with sensor_SMD 2000000000 kernel wakelock battery drain problem. Solution to this problem is disabling Significant Motion Detector.

You can do this by adding custom prop using MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module:

ro.vendor.sensors.smd and set value to false.

I hope someone will find this post helpful.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Hi.
For anyone having problem with sensor_SMD 2000000000 kernel wakelock battery drain problem. Solution to this problem is disabling Significant Motion Detector.

You can do this by adding custom prop using MagiskHide Props Config Magisk module:

River already had it, but fix merged for Channel and Ocean, sorry about missing that!

CitySquirrel

May 26, 2022
@CitySquirrel All I did was flash stock using the Motorola tool, verify proper functionality, and then reinstall lineage in the standard way. I'm on AT&T via Consumer Cellular. The problem I believe is related to US carriers dropping 3G this year, and VoLTE not working properly on our phones for whatever reason.

If you're wanting microg, install the "lineage for microg" rom instead. That's what I did. https://lineage.microg.org/
I think it's worth a try. Did the Motorola tool automatically retrieve the stock rom? Also, was the Motorola tool that you used the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool, or something else? If you can provide links, that would be very helpful and appreciated.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I think it's worth a try. Did the Motorola tool automatically retrieve the stock rom? Also, was the Motorola tool that you used the Rescue and Smart Assistant tool, or something else? If you can provide links, that would be very helpful and appreciated.

https://xdaforums.com/t/rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa-motorola-lenovo-only.3951714/

FWIW, I've used that RSA tool to restore several different Moto devices to stock including a G7 Power (Ocean). As mentioned, RSA downloads the newest (and only the newest) version that is available, which is usually the same as the last stock OTA but there could be a difference of 1 or 2 small updates between the last stock OTA and last found by RSA, in my case RSA was 1 version newer than last OTA. (may vary by region and service provider). Also, the RSA tool was able to restore another device that functioned but would not behave with known good fastboot (even on a windows 7 PC that can run RSD light). In short, the RSA tool can clean up some device history that could be problematic for flashing LOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: CitySquirrel

CitySquirrel

May 26, 2022
Yep, that's it, and yes, it downloads it for you. Easy peasy.
I almost bought another phone. I couldn't have done it without your advise, extremely helpful. Thank you TheShanMan! You don't know how many hours I've spent on this.

I didn't install the microg version of los, but it still worked the other rom. The tool seemed a little sketchy though. It prompted me to install drivers from a shanghai group I think it was.

CitySquirrel

May 26, 2022
https://xdaforums.com/t/rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa-motorola-lenovo-only.3951714/

FWIW, I've used that RSA tool to restore several different Moto devices to stock including a G7 Power (Ocean). As mentioned, RSA downloads the newest (and only the newest) version that was available, which is usually the same as the last stock OTA that but there could be a difference of 1 or 1 small updates the last stock OTA and last found by RSA, in my case RSA was 1 version newer than last OTA. (may vary by region and service provider). Also, the RSA tool was able to restore another device that functioned but would not behave with known good fastboot (even on a windows 7 PC that can run RSD light). In short, the RSA tool can clean up some device history that cold be problematic for flashing LOS.
Good to know, thanks!

TheShanMan

Oct 29, 2013
Glad it worked for you! I can relate in a way, because when my and my wife's phones stopped working it was very stressful to me because I don't like my wife getting frustrated and contemplating going back to a normie phone. Haha! I was in the dark and it was many days before I stumbled on the solution. So I'm super happy someone else could benefit from my experience.

I guess I already had moto drivers installed from an old phone because I didn't get prompted to install a sketchy looking driver. But that tool is an official motorola tool fwiw. Nevertheless I'm with you on feeling uneasy about any sketchy looking software coming from China.

• Haha
Reactions: CitySquirrel

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
where are we in the development? I ask because I talked to a developer on Telegram named Sultanahamer Mohammed who may be able to help.
Lineage dropped the QCOM FM app. We would need to migrate back to the AOSP app and make that work. I don't feel like doing so. Anyone else is welcome to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7/G7 Power

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Moto G7/G7 Power.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • Moto G7
      • river - Official builds
      • river - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    • Moto G7 Power
      • ocean - Official builds
      • ocean - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_sdm632
    Hey all! The final 19.1 unofficial are rolling right now.

From here on it will be 20 builds for these devices only when it comes to unofficials.

The device will continue receiving official 19.1 for some time, but 20 will launch soon enough, so get ready to migrate using the upgrade guides!
    Hi.

River already had it, but fix merged for Channel and Ocean, sorry about missing that!

Only issue I have so far is a pop up telling me "Android System Intelligence keeps stopping".
    My brain notification service shows the same message from time to time as well: "System Intelligence keeps stopping" :)
    I did. Just wanted to be sure because sometimes the guides leave out steps. Install was fine, looks like it is missing the FM Radio app, any reason why? Thanks.
    Fixing it.