[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Moto One Action/One Vision/P50

Search This thread

bmeup17

Mar 6, 2022
Unable to get cell service with this ROM (20220629 official nightly build) with US Mobile carrier, which uses Verizon network. Device is troika (XT2013-4, PAGL0003US). Have played with numerous settings, but continues to be unable to connect to the cellular network.

This SIM worked fine on the stock ROM before flashing LOS. Swapped SIMs with a working stock Samsung Galaxy S10e, this SIM worked in the Galaxy, and the Galaxy's SIM had the same "no service" problem in this device. This SIM was also used successfully with US Mobile carrier in a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running LOS 18.1.

Have also tried flashing latest builds of Lineage OS with microG and /e/ OS, which are forked off of this project. Both have the same issue.

I've attached a number of screenshots as well as logcat and radio logs. Forgive my ignorance here, not sure what other information you need. Let me know if you require anything else and I'll try to provide it.
Reflashed to stock Motorola Android 10 ROM. Connects just fine to US Mobile cellular network, as before having flashed LOS and its variants.

logcat and radio files are now added as a zip file to my original post above.

Would be grateful for a fix to this issue. Sole purpose for purchasing this phone was to deGoogle it, so having it on the stock ROM is no use to me.

kalkishnu

Jan 17, 2016
Reflashed to stock Motorola Android 10 ROM. Connects just fine to US Mobile cellular network, as before having flashed LOS and its variants.

Would be grateful for a fix to this issue. Sole purpose for purchasing this phone was to deGoogle it, so having it on the stock ROM is no use to me.
I purchased it 2 years ago with the same idea, tired of google garbage, sadly i realised that part of that garbage is android it self. It is just a performance sink java vm. For long time i tryed to execute the one android app i care that is the damn banking app on my dekstop using anbox and waydroid, but that involves having google services on my dekstop, the idea of having google garbage on yet another device makes me sick, so that was not a solution.
Then, one day, i decided purchase device on witch i could port linux and with less closed drivers as possible. I still have the troika device as just a bank app terminal, waiting on a drawer for that only use. The rest of my need are covered by linux powered devices.
I was never that satisfied.

DJTINKER

Jul 25, 2022

Having same problem with MVNO Verizon cellular network. After installing Lineage 19.1, SIM card is recognized, but can not go to Network, SIM setting. After selecting SIM (Mobile Network) phone attempts to go to next settings screen, but then reverts back to main settings.
No way to make APN settings changes, enable mobile Data. Also, can not change settings for Radio (i.e. LTE, CDMA, EVDO.....), after making a change, phone resets back to original setting. IMS does not register. With GSM SIM, everything is perfect and everything functions perfectly. Previous 18.1 I had no problem with CDMA. Hoping someone knows something I don.t !

georg3_

Try a treble if you want to unGoogle your phone: LeOS is made for this purpose.

edit: fixed a typo

georg3_

I purchased it 2 years ago with the same idea, tired of google garbage, sadly i realised that part of that garbage is android it self. It is just a performance sink java vm. For long time i tryed to execute the one android app i care that is the damn banking app on my dekstop using anbox and waydroid, but that involves having google services on my dekstop, the idea of having google garbage on yet another device makes me sick, so that was not a solution.
Then, one day, i decided purchase device on which i could port linux and with less closed drivers as possible. I still have the troika device as just a bank app terminal, waiting on a drawer for that only use. The rest of my need are covered by linux powered devices.
I was never that satisfied.
Too bad: bank apps need Google Play Services to certify integrity. I forgot if SafetyNet is "passable" on the official version by tinkering with Magisk modules, but I pass it on Treble roms with the same modules.

There's a device, but I have no idea if it has Google apps on it

Lobo_Azul

Mar 17, 2017
Hello. thanks for this ROM. I have a question.

The text in notification bar sometimes falls inside the camera hole. It is well centered in the main screen but when you open config panel or swipe down the notifications, in that screen the date and time gets cut by the camera hole.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this configurable? Also, in developer options when I tried changing the shape of the cut, It was impossible to return it at the default shape without restarting completely the OS.

Other than that, the audio in calls and multimedia is a bit lower than in default ROM, sometimes I can,t hear calls if the ambient is not completely silent.

Again, thanks for the hard work. The ROM feels official, with even the Motorola gestures for camera and flashlight working as intended. And it's way faster.

Attachments

• IMG_20220806_000810.jpg
    IMG_20220806_000810.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20220806_000813.jpg
    IMG_20220806_000813.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 36

bmeup17

Mar 6, 2022
Try a treble if you want to unGoogle your phone: LeOS is made for this purpose.

edit: fixed a typo
Are you running LeOS on troika? Which version? Do you recall details of the installation?

I am struggling to make out exactly how to install, have tried a couple different ways but either stuck in bootloop or stuck at Motorola splash screen. I will readily admit to being a complete novice.

georg3_

Are you running LeOS on troika? Which version? Do you recall details of the installation?

I am struggling to make out exactly how to install, have tried a couple different ways but either stuck in bootloop or stuck at Motorola splash screen. I will readily admit to being a complete novice.
I did run LeOS, but changed to Pixel Experience.
To install:
• Boot into TWRP recovery
• Wipe, Format Data (you will need to type "yes)
• Flash the LeOS system image:
• Go to Install
• Select "Install Image"
• Choose your image, and swipe to flash
• Reboot into system

That's it, you phone should boot into LeOS

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

The text in notification bar sometimes falls inside the camera hole. It is well centered in the main screen but when you open config panel or swipe down the notifications, in that screen the date and time gets cut by the camera hole.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this configurable? Also, in developer options when I tried changing the shape of the cut, It was impossible to return it at the default shape without restarting completely the OS.

Other than that, the audio in calls and multimedia is a bit lower than in default ROM, sometimes I can,t hear calls if the ambient is not completely silent.

Again, thanks for the hard work. The ROM feels official, with even the Motorola gestures for camera and flashlight working as intended. And it's way faster.
I will look into this - thanks for the report. If you can put it on the gitlab tracker for bugs like wiki.lineageos.org says it will be easier for me to track.
I did run LeOS, but changed to Pixel Experience.
To install:
• Boot into TWRP recovery
• Wipe, Format Data (you will need to type "yes)
• Flash the LeOS system image:
• Go to Install
• Select "Install Image"
• Choose your image, and swipe to flash
• Reboot into system

That's it, you phone should boot into LeOS
No. Just no. Don't do this - if you're using lineage, use lineage recovery, we don't have any control over TWRP, and we support adoptable storage, so encryption needs to be done in a specific way that I almost guarantee TWRP isn't doing.

Reactions: arsradu

bmeup17

Mar 6, 2022

@npjohnson,

Curious if you have any thoughts on this. Why would mobile network work on stock ROM but not on LOS or its variants? Is that something that could/would be addressed in LOS?

bmeup17

Mar 6, 2022
No. Just no. Don't do this - if you're using lineage, use lineage recovery, we don't have any control over TWRP, and we support adoptable storage, so encryption needs to be done in a specific way that I almost guarantee TWRP isn't doing.
Sorry, this was part of an OT discussion about LeOS, not LOS.

Suman14_10

Apr 28, 2022

I'm also having same problem sir. Please if you can fix it's looking ugly as well
thank you for response

cnote221

Aug 13, 2022
Hey everybody.

Newer lineage user and been running it for a few months on another model phone. Just got a OneVision/Kane for my kid and want it to run Lineage. I got the XT1970-2 and came running Android 9. I already unlocked it.

My question: Do I have to jump the Kane up to Android 12 before running through the steps to flash LOS19? or can I run through the steps in the guide? (Can anyone point me to the android roms if i do need to jump it? Been looking and cant find them)

• Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!

And thank you for the ongoing development of this OS.

georg3_

Hey everybody.

Newer lineage user and been running it for a few months on another model phone. Just got a OneVision/Kane for my kid and want it to run Lineage. I got the XT1970-2 and came running Android 9. I already unlocked it.

My question: Do I have to jump the Kane up to Android 12 before running through the steps to flash LOS19? or can I run through the steps in the guide? (Can anyone point me to the android roms if i do need to jump it? Been looking and cant find them)

• Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!

And thank you for the ongoing development of this OS.
No need to jump it.

Reactions: cnote221

cnote221

Aug 13, 2022
Is Wi-fi scanning and location enabling needed to connect to Wi-Fi or am I missing something? Trying to compare apples to apples best I can, my Vayu running 19.1 doesn't require it like this Kane seems to.

bmeup17

Mar 6, 2022

Tried a GSM sim from US Mobile (uses the T-mobile network). Could not get that to connect to the mobile network with either LOS or stock ROM. Only thing that works so far is US Mobile using Verizon network on the stock ROM. Never could get LeOS to install either, every way I tried it either bootlooped or got stuck on the splash screen.

Is this a common Motorola problem, or possibly a problem with this individual phone?

Seems my only option at this point is to debloat the stock ROM and install microG. Have played with this a little, seems like it works okay. Sadly, it leaves the phone stranded at Android 10 with no future upgrade path. Very disappointing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm that after the latest update, Bluetooth calling works on my GW4 and Bluetooth headsets. Thank you so much @tomgkr and @npjohnson
    I have the same Bluetooth calling issue on 2 kane devices. I don't think it works on any kane device. I have this issue since last year on LineageOS 18.1 and current 19.1 (clean flash).

Here someone mentions an error found in the logs (also found in my own logs):

There's also a mention of this commit as a fix for Bluetooth calling in kernel_motorola_exynos9610:

Could you look at this?

I also want to thank you for your work here (y)
    I picked it to our kernel and merged - lmk if it fixes it?
    I picked it to our kernel and merged - lmk if it fixes it?
    I just installed newest update on my one action wich has the same problem with Bluetooth headset calls. I tried to make a call with headset and I can confirm that it is working. So this commit is very promising. I will test it in my car and with other headsets. Thank you all very much, this problem was bothering me because it is important to use Bluetooth in car. Great work!
    sadly no, not sure why it doesn't work for some.
    I have the same Bluetooth calling issue on 2 kane devices. I don't think it works on any kane device. I have this issue since last year on LineageOS 18.1 and current 19.1 (clean flash).

Here someone mentions an error found in the logs (also found in my own logs):
    E bt_btif : system/bt/main/bte_logmsg.cc:191 LogMsg: bta_ag_sco_disc_cback: eSCO/SCO failed to open, no more fall back

There's also a mention of this commit as a fix for Bluetooth calling in kernel_motorola_exynos9610:
    misc: samsung: scsc_bt: Always set transport unit size to 16

* Our firmware wants this to be 16 (PCM) instead of 0x00 (HCI)
    * Removes the need for patching userspace

Could you look at this?

I also want to thank you for your work here (y)
    I was able to get safetynet working on the One Action official build with MindTheGapps by following the below steps:

You need to install these modules in magisk:
    - Shamiko
    - MagiskHide Props Config
    - Universal SafetyNet Fix
    - If you want to use Google Pay install Gpay SQLite Fix
    For props config you want to edit device fingerprint to an android 12 supported devices (i used pixel 5) and force BASIC key attestation (i used pixel 5 again). Then just use denylist on GSF, Play Store (im not sure if its needed) and any other app you want to hide root from. Make sure you disable Enforce Deny List. Then you can clear data from Play Store, GMS, and Google Pay (if you need it). Google Pay might not work immediately (took a couple of reboots to get it to work) and Netflix and other apps might not appear in the Play Store at first.

SafetyNet passes now and I have access to Netflix, Google Pay, and my banking apps.

@npjohnson please reply to this problem also

The camera problem has in Troika also solve the issue

The camera is functional in any app but not Moto Camera.

Open Camera, GCam, Snapchat, Whatsapp take photos and can save them, without lagging the device.

(on troika)

Fixed in next build.
    Hello, unfortunately the Motorola camera that comes with the Lineage is not functional.
    I can confirm that after the latest update, Bluetooth calling works on my GW4 and Bluetooth headsets. Thank you so much @tomgkr and @npjohnson