[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Moto Z2 Force

Search This thread

wonderfultug

May 5, 2022
Using lineage-19.1-20220503-nightly-nash-signed.zip . Restarted the phone, same result no wifi. Made factory reset, and no wifi detected at first boot. The phone does not have SIM card. Downgraded to 18.1, wifi, etc, ok.

arraen

Apr 10, 2011
Kyiv
Using for a two weeks now. No issues so far. Wi-Fi working, root ok. The only small issue that I saw - wireless android auto connection restarted few times, no issues with cable.
Thank you, npjohnson, for keeping our device updated!
I still don't see anything more interesting on the market. Using S20 FE as a second device, of course it has bigger screen and better camera, but overall usage experience better on z2 force. Still dreamin' about Z5 Force :)

fido14dido

Oct 12, 2016
Los Angeles
Does the chop chop feature work? And does the moto battery mod show the mod battery %? Currently running RR on A10 and moto mod battery doesn't show %. Thx

Yunsheng

May 14, 2022
Works fine and suddenly failed to recognize SIM card after switching language to Chinese. I tried several method and was going to factory reset. At last I changed back to English, restarted the phone,and works just fine.

Kyoowo_

May 22, 2022
I found a problem with the battery moto mod, when connecting it sometimes it is detected by the system, on the other hand, if it does not detect it, it is necessary to connect and disconnect repeatedly until it is finally detected

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
Very nice having the every next version! Thank you so much!
The main question, is it stable enough for daily use?
How's the battery going? Any estimation of SOT?

shakazoid

Nov 8, 2014
Anyone getting a cts profile match faii on this when checking or attesting safety net. Have tried both rooted (magisk) and unrooted installation of LOS 19 and same result. Any ideas.

Kyoowo_

May 22, 2022
Anyone getting a cts profile match faii on this when checking or attesting safety net. Have tried both rooted (magisk) and unrooted installation of LOS 19 and same result. Any ideas.
yea universal safetynet fix works fine, it works with zygisk and is installed as a module within magisk, its usefulness is to hide that horrible message that doesn't allow you to use the bank app (for example) I don't know if that's what you mean, https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix remember that these are procedures external to the rom and performing them carries some risk

shakazoid

Nov 8, 2014
It passes safety net but fails cts profile match and recommendation by app is to lock bootloader . just wondering if others are getting same error when using YASNAC checker app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220526-131318_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220526-131318_Trebuchet.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 19

shakazoid

Nov 8, 2014
yea universal safetynet fix works fine, it works with zygisk and is installed as a module within magisk, its usefulness is to hide that horrible message that doesn't allow you to use the bank app (for example) I don't know if that's what you mean, https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix remember that these are procedures external to the rom and performing them carries some risk
Thanks , i believe it passe basic safety net but not cts.

shakazoid

Nov 8, 2014
You have now asked 4 times. Please stop spamming.

The fingerprint used in the unofficial passes CTS just fine. The old 8.0 one.
thx for the response , did not intend to spam the the forum, just uncertain if am the only one getting this or if this is normal . Never bothered with safety net in the past but i installed some financial apps lately and they don't seem to work well with safety net. Could u possibly or anyone else reading this possibly point me to where i can get the "The old 8.0 one." fingerprint and possibly a link to an easy tutorial on how to incorporate it even though I believe i just have to do it in MagiskProps. Mine is the sprint version by the way and i tried selecting the tmobile fingerprint in magisk props and still failed. And "

npjohnson", thx 4 ur work in keeping our phone alive.​

Last edited:
Reactions: npjohnson

shakazoid

Nov 8, 2014
thx for the response but i already used safety net fix.

Tigerfou

Apr 8, 2011
Hi,
Awesome ROM, enjoying it a lot thanks !
Got a few app crashes and message to terminate app because it closes a lot. Also happens in some menus like background theme eg.
Is there something I can do ? A restart seemed to work for a while but it's happening again...
Anyone the same ? Any idea ? Thx

Update : after a few at the beginning, have been using it for a few days without any crashs. Looks good !

Last edited:

Tigerfou

Apr 8, 2011
Also, Android 12 vibrate mode is broken... Got no vibration neither for notifications nor for calls, that's a big problem...
I've seen some posts solving this by activating an option in "notifications/more/Android system (with show all)/allow sound and vibration" but I found nothing of the sort here... no "more" menu and no "Android system" app...

Update : only workaround I found is using my smart watch... Not ideal. Hope there'll be a fix soon

Last edited:

lkjsoiuew

Nov 17, 2010
I now still have Lineage 18.1 with OpenGApps (pico) installed because there is no OpenGApps for Android 12 yet.
If I want to keep my data it is said I have to install gapps right after lineageos in the same process.
Can I install some other gapps, for example NikGapps over my OpenGApps, or what do I have to install to keep my data and gapps? Or just wait for OpenGApps 12? Thanks

tsoump

Apr 10, 2014
Hello,
I've installed the 19.1. Happy emotions till now.
A big improvement as regards the lags and corruptions that I faced with the 18.1. It's smooth and refreshing.
Also, the battery seems to last significantly more. But, it's still the beginning.

The only crash that I had twice was the phone, but only as a message.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto Z2 Force

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Moto Z2 Force.

Join our Moto Z2 Force Discord!

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • nash - Official builds
    • nash - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
    • Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor doesn't work -- No support present in the OSS Audio HAL. If it was written in, it wouldn't be used by anything in LineageOS, as the normal proximity sensor works fine.
    • Audio Mods have no alarm or notification audio through them.
    • Camera Mods don't (and won't ever) work.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Official Lineage OS builds for nash ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
      Code:
      Technical details on our Treble implementation:
      Treble is enabled with VNDK30, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8998
    Thanks, npjohnson & erfanoabdi for your great support of NASH. When I brought this device with android 7.1, I would never imagine that one day I could run Android 12 on it.
    INCREDIBLE! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!
    Very nice having the every next version! Thank you so much!
    The main question, is it stable enough for daily use?
    How's the battery going? Any estimation of SOT?
    It's perfectly stable.

Battery varies per person, better than stock for me.
    Thanks , i believe it passe basic safety net but not cts.
    You have now asked 4 times. Please stop spamming.

The fingerprint used in the unofficial passes CTS just fine. The old 8.0 one.