[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus

Search This thread

ardwivedi16

Aug 1, 2021
Nokia 3
@npjohnson @theimpulson since the camera has so many problems, couldn't you get the drives from the official rom? I am just asking because original camera/rom can do things this mod can't, like 4 second exposure. Is it possible? anyway, I hope you will fix the other problems listed in this forum. Is there any way I can help you?
I also wonder that why only official builds have the problems. Almost every unofficial ROM I have tried is usually flawless with the camera and have good gcam support.

• Wow
Reactions: Cellulario

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
@npjohnson @theimpulson since the camera has so many problems, couldn't you get the drives from the official rom? I am just asking because original camera/rom can do things this mod can't, like 4 second exposure. Is it possible? anyway, I hope you will fix the other problems listed in this forum. Is there any way I can help you?
Stop tagging me please.

We do use camera "drivers" (HAL) from stock. It is what it is.

We are trying to figure out the flash on the device, but quality is what it is. We can't use the proprietary tunings.

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
Stop tagging me please.

We are trying to figure out the flash on the device, but quality is what it is. We can't use the proprietary tunings.
I am really sorry. I just wanted to report bugs. My apologise man :( I'll just write. Photo quality is not an issue though. It's the camera that gets stuck which is a bit complicated to deal with. I'll try to produce a log later today if it help.

Reactions: MartJI.V.

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
I am really sorry. I just wanted to report bugs. My apologise man :( I'll just write. Photo quality is not an issue though. It's the camera that gets stuck which is a bit complicated to deal with. I'll try to produce a log later today if it help.
From my experience with android version 12, I had to go back to the previous version (in fact I experienced a system corruption for trying to remove the frequent location request in operator services, so I decided not to reinstall the current version due to some errors that partially harmed the stability of the device, what bothered me the most is the delay of the device's vibrator that appeared in the current version LineageOS 19.1 compared to the previous version that did not have this problem with vibration) , but it is only a matter of time for the version of android 12 on this device to work wonderfully on this device, just be patient and developers apply the fixes reported by users who have experienced problems.

-Despite the problems of the new version of android (Official LineageOS 19.1) it works a little better compared to the latest version of the manufacturer (Android 10).

Reactions: Cellulario

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
Report on the operation of the native applications in the new version of android 12 by the official LineageOS for this device (experience I had as a user).

-AudioFX: Well, in this case the application did not work practically with any application, this includes the native content playback application, although to my surprise, with the Spotify application it worked more than well, in fact it generated fewer errors compared to previous android versions of official LineageOS.

-Native Camera 2: The operation is not good, although in the video recording mode the camera flash works compared to the photo mode.

-Native music player: its operation was correct, in my case I did not have a problem.

-Native calculator: Correct operation, although a visual improvement would be great, it would be greatly appreciated :D.

-In these days I will add the other native applications that I have used, greetings to all of you.

Last edited:

FarLine99

May 5, 2020
Nokia 6.1 (2018), 24/05/2022 build. Lineage OS 19.1 + MindTheGapps 12.1.0.

First of all, I want to express my great gratitude for the support of a not so new device, and even with such good optimization. The firmware works fine, I think it uses all the resources of the phone to the fullest. The device performance modes that were in version 18.1 are a little lacking. The only really disappointing bug is the Google camera, which stops taking pictures after some use (it can take 2-3 pictures, it can take 10-15, pure chance). Only overloading helps. In version 18.1 there was the same problem, but at least there it worked with HDR+ turned off, here it does not work like that. It hurts to use the built-in camera, the quality of the photos is too low. In many unofficial firmware everything works fine. Please fix this flaw. It's a shame to leave this firmware for another one, only because of camera errors 🙏🙏

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    371.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Peaceful_Grapes

Dec 23, 2021
I saw the requirements for this rom and it says I have to be on stock pie, where are you guys getting this stock pie rom from? Is there a link for this version or a webpage to download it?
My device is Nokia 6.1 TA-1043 (PL2)

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
Other bug for the camere. Shutter speed can be set maximim to 0.6 compared to 4 seconds in stock ROM. Other bugs are still there. I am not sure I'd suggest this ROM to those who want to tak photos, despite che good hard work behind it.

fanooel

Jun 7, 2022
Szczecin
OK. I have problem with GPS on Nokia PL2- not working.
I found that there is no /etc/gps.conf file. Does anybody have some quick solution for this problem?

zemrwhite

Oct 8, 2008
I found that there is no /etc/gps.conf file. Does anybody have some quick solution for this problem?
I too have no /etc/gps.conf, but a gps_debug.conf (basically empty since everything is commented out in it).
I don't know if I have the same issue as yours, fix has been several minutes long. But that could be me and where I am at the moment.
[edit] I tried to restart android system (adb root && adb shell "stop && start"), since that was a fix with for an old gts4lvwifi LOS version. It didn't work, fix is still very slow.

When phone is in Airplane mode, Enable/disable Wifi & Bluetooth causes phone to poweroff. It is happening from last few nightly builds, including "lineage-19.1-20220607-nightly" build. Anyone else facing same issue?
I have tried what you describe, slow at first, faster, and faster, and then I tried to spam the buttons to enable/disable wifi and bt.
Phone did not shutdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: fanooel

rjsk37

Jul 15, 2014
I too have no /etc/gps.conf, but a gps_debug.conf (basically empty since everything is commented out in it).
I don't know if I have the same issue as yours, fix has been several minutes long. But that could be me and where I am at the moment.
[edit] I tried to restart android system (adb root && adb shell "stop && start"), since that was a fix with for an old gts4lvwifi LOS version. It didn't work, fix is still very slow.

I have tried what you describe, slow at first, faster, and faster, and then I tried to spam the buttons to enable/disable wifi and bt.
Phone did not shutdown.

About Wifi issue, here is the video

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When phone is in Airplane mode, Enable/disable Wifi & Bluetooth causes phone to poweroff. It is happening from last few nightly builds, including "lineage-19.1-20220607-nightly" build. Anyone else facing same issue?
    Phone did not shutdown.
    Hiii!!

I have a question for someone, the adoptable storage is available with this ROM? I want to use my SD card as internal storage in my Nokia 6.1
    Yup
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • Nokia 6.1 (2018)​
      • PL2 - Official builds​
      • PL2 - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    • Nokia 6.1 Plus​
      • DRG - Official builds​
      • DRG - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.​
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660
    The official PL2 downloads page that is linked in the post does not include 19.1 builds. I'm just reporting this in case something has been forgotten. Of course, it could also be because the builds are just not ready yet.
    It's literally being built right now lol
    Stop tagging me please.

hello @npjohnson, In the recently published update (05-17-2022) the native application of the phone is requesting access to the location too many times, in fact the green icon appears too many times whether or not the location is activated and it is really annoying I don't know if it's a bug, it would be great if you could verify this problem and if it's possible, a solution can be found, because this didn't happen in previous updates :(
    It's a May ASB bug - it will be fixed in next build.
    Hiii!!

I have a question for someone, the adoptable storage is available with this ROM? I want to use my SD card as internal storage in my Nokia 6.1
    Yup