[CLOSED][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ardwivedi16

Aug 1, 2021
Nokia 3
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
Hi @ardwivedi16 by any chance which kernel did you use to fix the problem with fash flickering on camera in LineageOS 19.1.
That custom kernel only applies to this version of lineageOS 19.1 (Android 12L) or also applies to other previous versions, because if so, the problem may be due to some error in the kernel programming that LineageOS 19.1 is using in that section in specific.
I tried Black_caps kernel but it was built for Android 12(API 31) so it didn't work. I'm currently running stock oreo 8.1 on my phone

Reactions: MartJI.V.

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
Hello, 2 days ago I updated again from official lineageOS version 18.1 to version 19 (Android 12L), the compilation I used was lineage-19.1-20220816-nightly-PL2-signed.zip, since it was applied the update with the corresponding gapps, the device was running slow and restarted more than once, although after this the device recovered its general performance.

-The general performance of the device has improved compared to the first versions, although it is slow in certain parts of the user interface.
-The screen recorder + system audio works without any problem :)
Streaming the device over Wi-Fi from a Chromecast compatible android TV has regained its stability compared to the previous version of LineageOS 18.1, although sometimes it does not connect and requires a reboot of the device (Nokia 6.1 PL2).
-It has improved the sound of the system in general (including the reproduction of contents on the device).
-The camera application (native to the system), has very few advanced options compared to the old version, it does not have the option to select the storage mode, among other options, hopefully they can improve the application even more.
-The flash does not work when taking a photo, but if the flashlight mode works and record video with the flash, hopefully this problem can be solved.
-The precision of the vibration when writing on the device has improved a lot, although sometimes a delay is generated, but it is noticeable that it has been improved in this section compared to the first versions.
-The device appears as not certified, but it is solved with magisk and the use of 2 modules + terminal.
-The handling of RAM memory consumption has been improved.
-Failure found in the screen lock, sometimes it is cut off (I had this problem when updating the version and also when doing the clean installation with the aforementioned compilation), although this problem was solved by modifying some options available screen lock.
-A little more internal memory available with the mentioned compilation, including the installation of the gapps (about 20GB free of the 32GB), in the first compilations that was about 18 to 19gb free.
-Because of the limited storage, I haven't tested games, so I can't comment if the performance is similar compared to the previous version of LineageOS 18.1.
-The performance in the games in the previous version works quite well, because the application + module installable in magisk allowed to execute the obb data of the games in the MicroSD with a performance that was quite functional and stable (at this point the MicroSD yes or if it has to be the fastest possible to avoid slowness, in my case I use the Kingston GoPro brand MicroSD, with up to 170MB reading and 100MB writing, U3 and V30 and apart from being compatible with A2 application performance) unfortunately in android 12, this application stopped working.

From what I see, the next version of android 13 comes with better stability compared to the previous version and apart from new features.
@npjohnson is it possible that this device can support this new version of android without major inconveniences?
Thank you very much for continuing to support this device, which unfortunately is increasingly limited at the hardware level before the new versions of Android.

Last edited:

chsiva

Aug 27, 2022
Hello, 2 days ago I updated again from official lineageOS version 18.1 to version 19 (Android 12L), the compilation I used was lineage-19.1-20220816-nightly-PL2-signed.zip, since it was applied the update with the corresponding gapps, the device was running slow and restarted more than once, although after this the device recovered its general performance.

- @npjohnson I tel you that I was testing the adaptable storage and unfortunately the corruption of the data is still present although now it has increased, I don't know if it is due to the brand of the microSD, since I have tried with MicroSD Sandisk of 16GB, 128GB and kingston of 64, 128 and 256GB and the result is unfortunately the same, data corruption, even when applying the format as internal storage, then migrate the data (all corrupted) without rebooting, then copy a file from computer to device to adoptable storage and the same result, although I realized that the file undergoes modifications in its total weight (in MB or KB), this procedure was also carried out by formatting the microSD as internal, restarting and then data migration + copying a file from the computer to the device to the adoptable storage and the same result is presented, and to make sure that it was not due to some error in the version update, I proceeded with the clean installation of L ineageOS, repeating the same steps mentioned, the same result was still presented, although when using the camera app, I took a photo or recorded a video, the file did not suffer any damage, but if I download any file from the browser or from other applications on the device or sending the file from the PC to the mobile, the file was damaged, since you applied the modification for the adoptable storage, there have been more inconveniences in my case.
Hopefully at some point this device can use this function without errors, as it happens in the Nokia 1 and in the Moto G3 (devices in which I have tested the internal memory storage function by MicroSD and it works excellent), in fact the moto G3 I have a 128GB MicroSD as internal storage and despite being very limited at the hardware level, it works really excellent with Android 9 (unofficial android version).

-The general performance of the device has improved compared to the first versions, although it is slow in certain parts of the user interface.
-The screen recorder + system audio works without any problem :)
Streaming the device over Wi-Fi from a Chromecast compatible android TV has regained its stability compared to the previous version of LineageOS 18.1, although sometimes it does not connect and requires a reboot of the device (Nokia 6.1 PL2).
-It has improved the sound of the system in general (including the reproduction of contents on the device).
-The camera application (native to the system), has very few advanced options compared to the old version, it does not have the option to select the storage mode, among other options, hopefully they can improve the application even more.
-The flash does not work when taking a photo, but if the flashlight mode works and record video with the flash, hopefully this problem can be solved.
-The precision of the vibration when writing on the device has improved a lot, although sometimes a delay is generated, but it is noticeable that it has been improved in this section compared to the first versions.
-The device appears as not certified, but it is solved with magisk and the use of 2 modules + terminal.
-The handling of RAM memory consumption has been improved.
-Failure found in the screen lock, sometimes it is cut off (I had this problem when updating the version and also when doing the clean installation with the aforementioned compilation), although this problem was solved by modifying some options available screen lock.
-A little more internal memory available with the mentioned compilation, including the installation of the gapps (about 20GB free of the 32GB), in the first compilations that was about 18 to 19gb free.
-Because of the limited storage, I haven't tested games, so I can't comment if the performance is similar compared to the previous version of LineageOS 18.1.
-The performance in the games in the previous version works quite well, because the application + module installable in magisk allowed to execute the obb data of the games in the MicroSD with a performance that was quite functional and stable (at this point the MicroSD yes or if it has to be the fastest possible to avoid slowness, in my case I use the Kingston GoPro brand MicroSD, with up to 170MB reading and 100MB writing, U3 and V30 and apart from being compatible with A2 application performance) unfortunately in android 12, this application stopped working.

From what I see, the next version of android 13 comes with better stability compared to the previous version and apart from new features.
@npjohnson is it possible that this device can support this new version of android without major inconveniences?
Thank you very much for continuing to support this device, which unfortunately is increasingly limited at the hardware level before the new versions of Android.
Can you provide v18.1 download link? I want stable one. thanks

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
How did you pass safetynet ? By ih8sn ? Can you share those files (or config only) ?

I want to prolong my parents Nokia 6.1 PL2 by installing Lineage + MTG. Your Unofficial is very large though.

I'm using poco x3pro vayu with ih8sn

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
Can you provide v18.1 download link? I want stable one. thanks
Hello @chsiva, I think I saved the last official build of LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) + the lineageOS recovery version corresponding to this build, but I don't know if I can upload the file by this means, unless apply a good compression to the file and that the weight of the file is less than approximately 350MB.
-The current version works well as the developer mentioned, but there are some bugs with the camera and especially with the flash when taking the picture, and it seems that this problem has no solution so far (it seems difficult to solve in this version , it is likely that the next version will all work correctly) and the other thing is that several camera applications that I have downloaded from the play store have more flaws than the native LineageOS camera app, if you are not interested in taking pictures, this version 19.1 lineageOS works for you in optimal conditions, if not, you will have to use an unofficial rom or the previous version.
-Important fact: the android security patch is from April, because you will have to have additional security measures if you want to use it.
-There is a way to solve the camera problem in lineageOS 19.1, but you will have to install a custom kernel and with this procedure it should solve the problem, but it is not recommended.
best regards.

Reactions: chsiva

chsiva

Aug 27, 2022
Hello @chsiva, I think I saved the last official build of LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) + the lineageOS recovery version corresponding to this build, but I don't know if I can upload the file by this means, unless apply a good compression to the file and that the weight of the file is less than approximately 350MB.
-The current version works well as the developer mentioned, but there are some bugs with the camera and especially with the flash when taking the picture, and it seems that this problem has no solution so far (it seems difficult to solve in this version , it is likely that the next version will all work correctly) and the other thing is that several camera applications that I have downloaded from the play store have more flaws than the native LineageOS camera app, if you are not interested in taking pictures, this version 19.1 lineageOS works for you in optimal conditions, if not, you will have to use an unofficial rom or the previous version.
-Important fact: the android security patch is from April, because you will have to have additional security measures if you want to use it.
-There is a way to solve the camera problem in lineageOS 19.1, but you will have to install a custom kernel and with this procedure it should solve the problem, but it is not recommended.
best regards.
Thanks for your time.

Kindly write your input on this https://xdaforums.com/t/unable-to-install-lineageos-19-1.4485369/ whenever you are free. Thanks in advance.

gyandoo

Aug 9, 2021
Just wanted to say a quick 'Thank You' to all the dev's.

Been using the official microG ROM for a while now.

Stable af.

I never read the release notes so don't know when this old feature of 'hidden and protected apps' reappeared for LOS19 but found it and was super happy as I'm a Trebuchet Launcher user.

Have a festive season and thank you :)

PS:- Hoping to see the official '/e/' release for DRG sometime :)

Screenshot_20220902-095433_Trebuchet.png

chsiva

Aug 27, 2022
I recommend you to install magisk having lineageOS installed + gapps already configured, if you install gapps + magisk together, it usually causes problems
best regards.
I have no plans to install gapps. So, I didn't.

I tried multiple times, but still no luck in installing Magisk.

BTW, i went to LineageOS + Microg 18.1 from here

But, with this version too, I am unable to install magisk.

SkaveRat

Sep 12, 2022
Anyone got 19.1 running on a TA-1050?

Everything so far seems to indicate that it's a bit more difficult than the other variants and they also only use 18.1 as far as I can tell.

If anyone got a tutorial to get it running with 19.1, that would be great

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
I just installed official LOS 19. Mindthegapps12.1 did not install because of android 10 firmware. I downloaded MTG10.

But "Emulator was not found". Just a time-out error or do I need to install a different set of platform tools just because of MTG ?

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
I just installed official LOS 19. Mindthegapps12.1 did not install because of android 10 firmware. I downloaded MTG10.

But "Emulator was not found". Just a time-out error or do I need to install a different set of platform tools just because of MTG ?
All is good. Normally you should install gapps before first boot. Nokia has 2 partitions, so this went wrong. Installed mindthegapps after running system and rebooting to recovery. Installed from sd-card.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

That's not how that works, you do need MTG 12.1, your stock ROM firmware version has nothing to do with your Google apps, please follow the wiki.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
All is good. Normally you should install gapps before first boot. Nokia has 2 partitions, so this went wrong. Installed mindthegapps after running system and rebooting to recovery. Installed from sd-card.
Yes, as I said, follow the wiki, and it says after installing the operating system you need to reboot to recovery before installing Google apps

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
hello, the version of android 12 for this device by lineageOS is quite good, although with the failure of the flash when taking a picture and the delay in storing the photos when having the flash activated , I was taking some photos and then its logcat and I realized that there is a sensor that is indicating a type of error that I do not know, in which it could be the problem, I would be very grateful if you can verify this error, in githab I leave you the biggest possible information about the problem + logcat (fault that is appearing to me in nokia 6.1 PL2),
-In the previous version of lineageOS 18.1 the flash worked without any problem.
Best regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • Nokia 6.1 (2018)​
      • PL2 - Official builds​
      • PL2 - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    • Nokia 6.1 Plus​
      • DRG - Official builds​
      • DRG - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.​
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660
    Sorry to bother you @npjohnson, in one of the improvements that you implemented for adoptable storage for the lineageOS 20 version, mentioning cts, it could be the solution to the problem of data corruption, in case there is The tests have been carried out and it has represented proper functioning, it would be possible that I could implement it in LineageOS 19.1 (version officially supported by LineageOS for this device currently), since I am running this version waiting for the next official version by LineageOS, Best regards :),
    sorry for the inconvenience

all important commits from 20 have/will be back ported to 19.1
    The official PL2 downloads page that is linked in the post does not include 19.1 builds. I'm just reporting this in case something has been forgotten. Of course, it could also be because the builds are just not ready yet.
    It's literally being built right now lol
    How did you pass safetynet ? By ih8sn ? Can you share those files (or config only) ?

I want to prolong my parents Nokia 6.1 PL2 by installing Lineage + MTG. Your Unofficial is very large though.

I'm using poco x3pro vayu with ih8sn
    hello @npjohnson, In the recently published update (05-17-2022) the native application of the phone is requesting access to the location too many times, in fact the green icon appears too many times whether or not the location is activated and it is really annoying I don't know if it's a bug, it would be great if you could verify this problem and if it's possible, a solution can be found, because this didn't happen in previous updates :(
    It's a May ASB bug - it will be fixed in next build.