[CLOSED][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
@npjohnson @theimpulson i confirm this bug as well. I installed latest veraion today.

After some shots the camera does not take any photo.

Also, even though this is secondary, the quality is very strange, it has some strange halos when the subject has high light contrast, light against moon light.

To sum up bugs son far are
1) flash light doesn't start automatically in camera apps, every camera app
2) after taking some photos camera does not take any photo, I feel it gets stuck with some auto settings
3) image quality is strange and has artefacts in high contrast photos
4) text input is lagging, gets sruck, and vibration is irregular

1,2 and 4 where not present in version 18
3 was already present in version 18, I already reported it

Thank toi very micj for your work
@npjohnson @theimpulson I was able to find a way to make point 2 happen. Set ISO to minimum and Shutter speed to maximum. First shot works, all following won't work. You need to restart the app. Once, I even had to restart the device.

Reactions: npjohnson

oldfone

Nov 12, 2020
Moto E 2015
Moto G5
After I successfully updated to LOS 19, almost everything seems to be working fine. However, the fingerprint sensor has stopped working. Is this a known issue?

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
which camera app are you referring to in which the changes you mentioned work, appreciate if you can share the link, thanks
I must have explains myself in the wrong way. I found a way to make the bug happen systematically. There is no app that works. I tried several alternatives and bugs are always there. Even if you enable/disable api2. This lineageos version surely has bugged camera driver. I hope they will fix it soon, camera is some what unusable.

Reactions: gyandoo

gyandoo

Aug 9, 2021
After I successfully updated to LOS 19, almost everything seems to be working fine. However, the fingerprint sensor has stopped working. Is this a known issue?
I had a similar issue when upgrading for the official microG

A fresh install fixed it.

I still get a 'intent error' but I'm guessing that's a microG error, hopefully not a firmware issue.

Hope that helps.

gyandoo

Aug 9, 2021
I must have explains myself in the wrong way. I found a way to make the bug happen systematically. There is no app that works. I tried several alternatives and bugs are always there. Even if you enable/disable api2. This lineageos version surely has bugged camera driver. I hope they will fix it soon, camera is some what unusable.
Yes, I found a reboot is required after taking a few pictures, I'm using Gcam, https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-the_dise/

Stock LOS camera, is, like you said, painful to use

Reactions: Cellulario

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
hello @npjohnson, In the recently published update (05-17-2022) the native application of the phone is requesting access to the location too many times, in fact the green icon appears too many times whether or not the location is activated and it is really annoying I don't know if it's a bug, it would be great if you could verify this problem and if it's possible, a solution can be found, because this didn't happen in previous updates :(

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
hello @npjohnson, In the recently published update (05-17-2022) the native application of the phone is requesting access to the location too many times, in fact the green icon appears too many times whether or not the location is activated and it is really annoying I don't know if it's a bug, it would be great if you could verify this problem and if it's possible, a solution can be found, because this didn't happen in previous updates :(
It's a May ASB bug - it will be fixed in next build.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I wanted to try some things before filing a bug and found that the sensor works for the function "Swipe finger print for notifications". However, if I try to set up fingerprints, the button "I agree" and the end of the page "Set up your fingerprint" is greyed out. Does that ring any bells?
No clue. Maybe try reflashing stock then coming back.

linom

I installed the nightly PL2 but I am not getting connected to LTE or Wifi. The SIM card is shown correctly and the apn setting are correct but it says 'you are offline'. I have rebooted the phone twice, reset all network settings, changed the network preferences to "LTE" as well.

Attachments

• 979358fc-bd2c-4d85-96c9-784e153b563d.jpg
    979358fc-bd2c-4d85-96c9-784e153b563d.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 24

steven.delarosa

Oct 16, 2017
Same after updating from LOS 18, but I found a workaround, I tried to remove all of my added fingerprints (from prev. LOS 18), but there was also a bug, everytime I remove one fingerprint I cannot remove another more, so I have to reboot and remove one again then repeat until there are no fingerprint left, after removing all, just add new one, fingerprint reader should work after that. This fixed mine, hope this helps.

oldfone

Nov 12, 2020
Moto E 2015
Moto G5
Thanks for the tip. However, I can't delete any fingerprints. If I open the setting "Security > Fingerprint" I get to "Set up your fingerprint", but the button at the bottom right "I agree" is greyed out.

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
@npjohnson @theimpulson since the camera has so many problems, couldn't you get the drives from the official rom? I am just asking because original camera/rom can do things this mod can't, like 4 second exposure. Is it possible? anyway, I hope you will fix the other problems listed in this forum. Is there any way I can help you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)/6.1 Plus.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • Nokia 6.1 (2018)​
      • PL2 - Official builds​
      • PL2 - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    • Nokia 6.1 Plus​
      • DRG - Official builds​
      • DRG - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.​
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660
    Sorry to bother you @npjohnson, in one of the improvements that you implemented for adoptable storage for the lineageOS 20 version, mentioning cts, it could be the solution to the problem of data corruption, in case there is The tests have been carried out and it has represented proper functioning, it would be possible that I could implement it in LineageOS 19.1 (version officially supported by LineageOS for this device currently), since I am running this version waiting for the next official version by LineageOS, Best regards :),
    sorry for the inconvenience

all important commits from 20 have/will be back ported to 19.1
    The official PL2 downloads page that is linked in the post does not include 19.1 builds. I'm just reporting this in case something has been forgotten. Of course, it could also be because the builds are just not ready yet.
    It's literally being built right now lol
    How did you pass safetynet ? By ih8sn ? Can you share those files (or config only) ?

I want to prolong my parents Nokia 6.1 PL2 by installing Lineage + MTG. Your Unofficial is very large though.

I'm using poco x3pro vayu with ih8sn
    It's a May ASB bug - it will be fixed in next build.