Recognized Developer
lineage-os-logo.png

Razer Phone 2

Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Razer Phone 2.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
  • aura - Official builds​
  • aura - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:

• Known bugs:
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet
  • Known bugs (won't fix):
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
  • Find any more? Report them according to this guide.​
Notes:
  • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
  • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_sdm845

Last edited:
Reactions: andril

runuts

Coming from PixelExperience. Performed a clean install of 19.1. Having an issue using a VoIP app. In this case Streams UC, but also experience the issue with voice calls on Signal. Everything works on outbound calls, but with inbound calls, the microphone isn't working. Caller cannot hear my voice. Any suggestions? Possible changes to the build.prop file?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Coming from PixelExperience. Performed a clean install of 19.1. Having an issue using a VoIP app. In this case Streams UC, but also experience the issue with voice calls on Signal. Everything works on outbound calls, but with inbound calls, the microphone isn't working. Caller cannot hear my voice. Any suggestions? Possible changes to the build.prop file?
it works on PE?

Jun 18, 2021
Upgraded via adb successfully from the 18.1 ROM.
Got the 47% glitch during sideload, but it rebooted fine.

Similar results on my Razer Phone 1 (cheryl).

(Still mourning the end of HTC One M8 support, though.)

Sep 29, 2021
I followed the instructions to the letter upgrading from 18.1 and mine is stuck in boot. It's been showing the little logo animation for almost 10 minutes now. Mild panic has set in.

edit: Fixed it!
Had the wrong gapps package. Downloaded the correct one, (MindTheGapps12.1 arm64 for those lost souls still out there).
Fixing procedure if stuck on LOS logo loop:
1. Make sure your devices is still plugged into your computer and hold down power button until you see the fastboot landing page where it gives you the option to pause boot. PAUSE BOOT.
2. hold down power button again to turn phone off. You'll know it's off when you get the white and black charge animation
3. hold power and volume down until you get to the recovery page.
4. Choose recovery mode, recovery from adb, and then run adb sideload /path/to/zip to install the correct gapps package.

Hope no one else does the same dummy move I did but if they do I hope this helps.

P.S. I have no idea yet what my screw up did long term btw. Device is still finishing the update. I did have to reinstall messages and gmail but for all I know that would have needed to happen anyway.

Last edited:

edison

Jul 21, 2007
Just installed the UNOFFICIAL version on my Vzw RP2, but I can't make/receive calls/texts. Should Lineage work on the Verizon network?

Sep 29, 2021
Just installed the UNOFFICIAL version on my Vzw RP2, but I can't make/receive calls/texts. Should Lineage work on the Verizon network?
Yes, it should. I remember seeing some folks have similar issues with 18.1 but I don't recall what the issue was. Maybe check out the 18.1 forums and see if there's any applicable advice there

Namit1994

May 26, 2010
Corona, NY
Coming from Pixel Experience and I am getting audio crackling/stuttering only when using game streaming apps such as Moonlight and PSPlay and the volume is less than 50%. I had the same issue on Pixel Experience but the dev had fixed it using this commit. Any chance the fix can apply here too?

Jun 18, 2021
With the most recent build I am seeing Location pings even though Location is off and no apps are granted Location permissions. It was difficult, but I did get a screen capture of the event. You can see the location pip in the status bar. What is going on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-153926_Firefox.png
    Screenshot_20220516-153926_Firefox.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 59

Cylow333

Sep 21, 2021
How do I root this version because I tried flashing the latest magisk zip and nothing happened do I have to rebuild the boot with magisk manager

Reactions: marcxpr

fubar73

Nov 24, 2016
This is working very well for me keep up the good work. One thing I have found however is that while on a call rtt or tty as it is known seems to be on. I have made sure it is off in accessibility settings so I am sure it's just a bug but wanted to make aware of it. Does anyone else have this issue? I am on verizon. Not sure if that matters.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Razer Phone 2

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Razer Phone 2.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • aura - Official builds​
    • aura - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:

• Known bugs:
    • Known bugs (won't fix):
      - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
    • Find any more? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_sdm845
    Upgraded via adb successfully from the 18.1 ROM.
    Got the 47% glitch during sideload, but it rebooted fine.

Similar results on my Razer Phone 1 (cheryl).

(Still mourning the end of HTC One M8 support, though.)
    Hint: I am working on m8 right now ;)
    Hint: I am working on m8 right now ;)
    That is good to know. I installed an unofficial LineageOS 18 ROM recently, but haven't played with it since then.
    Known Bugs:

• Known bugs:
    Not really a bug as its an app in the stock ROM. The current solution is to root and install Logo+ and it works.
    Should also list Dolby Atmos missing too
    How do I root this version because I tried flashing the latest magisk zip and nothing happened do I have to rebuild the boot with magisk manager