Deleted member 11818907

lineage-os-logo.png

Razer Phone 2

Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Razer Phone 2.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
  • aura - Official builds​
  • aura - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:

• Known bugs:
    - Chroma RGB LEDs are not implemented yet
  • Known bugs (won't fix):
    - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
  • Find any more? Report them according to this guide.​
Notes:
  • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
  • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_sdm845
(fixes rgb and atmos)
edit: i am an idiot why did i post this

Last edited by a moderator:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

fubar73

Nov 24, 2016
(fixes rgb and atmos)
Lol that's a rediculous post. It hasn't been implemented yet. Don't make posts about fixes if you don't know it really fixes things. It only confuses people and gives the developers questions about nonsense they don't need. Not only that but regarding chroma that is the wrong app. This is for the Razer phone 1. There is another app called Razer phone 2 that is to be used for chroma. "When it is implemented of course."

Last edited:

fubar73

Nov 24, 2016
Never heard response back from anyone but phone still goes to rtt mode whether making a call or receiving. I can still talk to people without issue but hear the fax tone on the start of every call and it won't show phone options as a result. I believe this is a verizon issue as there was a fix for lineage 18.1. However that fix doesn't work on 19.1. Other than that I am impressed with the work so far especially this early on in development.

fubar73

Nov 24, 2016
Dolby Atmos is working. Very nice. Might have been all along but just tried the magisk module and all is good.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Anyone having the screen freeze issue here on 19.1?
Not seeing much post activity and haven't made the transition myself so I am still on 18.1
However, I can now replicate the issue almost 100% and added new symptoms (the main one being if you fall asleep with this issue, the phone after an extended time period, 1-8hrs, will totally lockup so alarms dont go off/etc) so before I nuke and pave my phone for the move over, if the issue remains, id like to try and get with someone to debug the issue so it can be resolved if it remains in 19.1

Sep 29, 2021
Anyone having the screen freeze issue here on 19.1?
Not seeing much post activity and haven't made the transition myself so I am still on 18.1
However, I can now replicate the issue almost 100% and added new symptoms (the main one being if you fall asleep with this issue, the phone after an extended time period, 1-8hrs, will totally lockup so alarms dont go off/etc) so before I nuke and pave my phone for the move over, if the issue remains, id like to try and get with someone to debug the issue so it can be resolved if it remains in 19.1
So the screen lock up issue is not entirely gone on 19.1, but I'll be honest, it's been a long time since it happened to me. And it used to happen literally every day on 18.1.

This build is pretty heckin stable. I say take the plunge.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
So the screen lock up issue is not entirely gone on 19.1, but I'll be honest, it's been a long time since it happened to me. And it used to happen literally every day on 18.1.

This build is pretty heckin stable. I say take the plunge.
Good to know, at least I will try to repeat the issue on 19.1 and if i can get it to happen reliably like I can now on 18.1 I can hopefully help the dev's with logs or whatever they need to find out why its happening and fix it.

I need to look into first how to get root and root hide working with all the changes to Magisk, not looking forward to that

Sep 29, 2021
Good to know, at least I will try to repeat the issue on 19.1 and if i can get it to happen reliably like I can now on 18.1 I can hopefully help the dev's with logs or whatever they need to find out why its happening and fix it.

I need to look into first how to get root and root hide working with all the changes to Magisk, not looking forward to that
Yeah that's beyond my technical expertise tbh. All I can say is my screen would freeze and lock up every damn day on 18.1 and when I upgraded to 19.1 it pretty much all but stopped.

atomplayed

Aug 5, 2022
Installed this yesterday and it's been an extremely smooth experience. Only issue I'm facing is that Android Auto won't work. Any fix or talk around that?

Sep 29, 2021
Installed this yesterday and it's been an extremely smooth experience. Only issue I'm facing is that Android Auto won't work. Any fix or talk around that?
Android auto works perfectly for me. Maybe try reinstalling android auto?

If that doesn't work, maybe try reinstalling gapps. Making sure you get the right version.

atomplayed

Aug 5, 2022
I'll give that a try, maybe it's something easy like that. I'm running unofficial build with gapps built in.

atomplayed

Aug 5, 2022
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache/data, completely unsyncing phone and resyncing. Nothing seems to be helping.

The phone thinks that it is connected, but on the car, is seems to crash either instantly, or as soon as I decide to interact with it. I've never really seen anything like this. I took a video to help explain what I mean.

lohgab

Aug 18, 2022
Hi All, thanks for the developers that release lineage OS.
to get latest Android on this phone is the best feeling that I experience, knowing this phone may able to last another 3-5years 😂

However, i observed that my rp2 battery life with this ROM can only last ~5hour. I am testing to change battery usage to restricted for whichever app appear on the list now to see if I can squeeze in more life.

Is this known issue or I need to change some other setting in Android 12?
I changed to new battery twice and had same experience.
Last I did now swap battery from old stock ROM that can perform 10-12hr to get more comparison.

Appreciate your inputs.

Titanricky8

May 31, 2022
there is something weird with the rom (i think) ive tried everything i could searching in dolby atmos module razer phone 2 and viper4androidfx and none of them stay enabled because after a while no matter which one i clean flash they keep deactivating and have to toggle off and back on for them to work. something is conflicting with them and idk what it is but i do know that id appreciate dolby atmos to come bundled in the next update instead of the stock audiofx.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
there is something weird with the rom (i think) ive tried everything i could searching in dolby atmos module razer phone 2 and viper4androidfx and none of them stay enabled because after a while no matter which one i clean flash they keep deactivating and have to toggle off and back on for them to work. something is conflicting with them and idk what it is but i do know that id appreciate dolby atmos to come bundled in the next update instead of the stock audiofx.
Nope. Dolby is weird about licensing. Not going to happen.

Titanricky8

May 31, 2022
Nope. Dolby is weird about licensing. Not going to happen.
well i mean i guess thats fine. i recently saw the githib getting nerfed by the dmca but do u know why the dolby atmos module cant stay enabled on the unofficial lineage os 19.1 rom? after removing the aosp audiofx/soundfx ? viper4androidfx also stops after a while of it being on. and no im not using both at the same time. i have clean installed those 2 modules and they disable after a bit. so I'm trying to find out here if anyone has any idea of why basically the rom is persistent in not wanting any other audio mod

Nabby2012

Dec 2, 2012
Running the 20220828 nightly, fresh install with mind the gapps. Seems to be working for the most part. Two problems -
Watching a youtube video in chrome causes the screen to throw long black flickers a few times, then eventually the entire screen freezes, but audio keeps playing. Controls seem to go unresponsive, even physical side buttons stop working, can't put phone to sleep. Have to force power down and reboot. Videos work just fine in the Youtube and Facebook apps. So it seems to be related to Chrome, I'm guessing whatever video acceleration it uses?

Second problem, if I put in an SD card it tells me to format, it gets to about 20% or 40% and then the phone reboots and goes into a boot loop until I pull the SD card out. I have tried formatting as both internal and external storage with same results. This is with a 64GB SDXC Sandisk Extreme that's only about a week old and has been verified good in another phone before being erased.

Edit: seemed to be a lot of videos playing in Chrome that wouldn't work right. Sometimes if I'd load a page with video ads on it, it would autoplay them and crash the phone. For the time being I went into chrome://flags and set Hardware-accelerated video decode to disabled and it fails at playing all those videos altogether, which means I can't play video in Chrome (shrug) but I don't have any more crashing.

Adding another bug I'm having on mine - wireless charging only goes a couple percent and then reports complete. I was at 18% battery, put it on the wireless charger and it said 4 minutes until full, then stopped at about 22% and my wireless charger flashed like it does when charging is finished.

Last edited:

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
Running the 20220828 nightly, fresh install with mind the gapps. Seems to be working for the most part. Two problems -
Watching a youtube video in chrome causes the screen to throw long black flickers a few times, then eventually the entire screen freezes, but audio keeps playing. Controls seem to go unresponsive, even physical side buttons stop working, can't put phone to sleep. Have to force power down and reboot. Videos work just fine in the Youtube and Facebook apps. So it seems to be related to Chrome, I'm guessing whatever video acceleration it uses?

Second problem, if I put in an SD card it tells me to format, it gets to about 20% or 40% and then the phone reboots and goes into a boot loop until I pull the SD card out. I have tried formatting as both internal and external storage with same results. This is with a 64GB SDXC Sandisk Extreme that's only about a week old and has been verified good in another phone before being erased.

Edit: seemed to be a lot of videos playing in Chrome that wouldn't work right. Sometimes if I'd load a page with video ads on it, it would autoplay them and crash the phone. For the time being I went into chrome://flags and set Hardware-accelerated video decode to disabled and it fails at playing all those videos altogether, which means I can't play video in Chrome (shrug) but I don't have any more crashing.

Adding another bug I'm having on mine - wireless charging only goes a couple percent and then reports complete. I was at 18% battery, put it on the wireless charger and it said 4 minutes until full, then stopped at about 22% and my wireless charger flashed like it does when charging is finished.
I just got a RP2 this week and I'm also getting the phone freeze issue while playing videos in a Chromium based browser (Kiwi Browser). Apparently it's a universal problem and is discussed in many forums. One XDA poster mentioned one workaround to this is to not use 120fps (setting exists on stock OS). I'm trying to find a solution for LineageOS 19.1 which has no fps setting at the time of writing this.

I have a couple of ideas yet to be tested such as using LOS19.1 on top of an earlier version of RP2 firmware, and trying video playback on an old version of Kiwi Browser.

I'm also hoping @npjohnson has a few suggestions.

Interestingly, I can't reproduce the issue when playing test footage 120Hz video files from BlurBusters

[edit: I found a workaround to the phone freeze issue while playing videos which I've tested for about a half hour - by using an older version of Kiwi Browser. The version I'm using is kiwibrowser.browser_Git210216Gen570536402-2102162_minAPI16(arm64-v8a)(nodpi) + YouTube BG extension + AdBlock extension ]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Known Bugs:

• Known bugs:
    Not really a bug as its an app in the stock ROM. The current solution is to root and install Logo+ and it works.
    Should also list Dolby Atmos missing too
    lineage-os-logo.png

Razer Phone 2

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 19.1 thread for the Razer Phone 2.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • aura - Official builds​
    • aura - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:

• Known bugs:
    • Known bugs (won't fix):
      - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
    • Find any more? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_sdm845
    Upgraded via adb successfully from the 18.1 ROM.
    Got the 47% glitch during sideload, but it rebooted fine.

Similar results on my Razer Phone 1 (cheryl).

(Still mourning the end of HTC One M8 support, though.)
    Hint: I am working on m8 right now ;)
    Hint: I am working on m8 right now ;)
    That is good to know. I installed an unofficial LineageOS 18 ROM recently, but haven't played with it since then.
    How do I root this version because I tried flashing the latest magisk zip and nothing happened do I have to rebuild the boot with magisk manager