[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for OnePlus 5T (dumpling)

Search This thread

Lex_Michdeandroid

Dec 3, 2011
Asus Transformer TF300T
Jumping on the wagon too with my spare 5T. I was hoping to find some ****ty "upgrades" from 19 would have been kicked out, but they are still going the wrong way with the OS in my opinion. I guess they're still not using the OS themselves. Too bad there are not enough alternatives.

Thanks for keeping this phone going though!

Used the latest TWRP recovery (twrp-3.7.0_12-0-cheeseburger_dumpling.img) to install it from.

-edit-

Double tap to wake doesn't work for me. (Yes it's enabled, of course...)

Customizing the colors? Is this all it can do?
And I'll repeat my complaints from last "upgrade":
Can't mute the audio just by tapping the "music note" icon when I press volume button, and can't tap the "bell" icon just to scroll through the "vibrate" and "silent" modes.
Why the big buttons in the quick notification area? Why only four?

It's still not about the user experience, not for me.

-edit2-

Where are the settings for the camera? Like quality, iso, exposure (found that one at least, but impossible to see the value if your finger is covering it, do devs use their stuff?), etc...
Why do I have to scroll through every possible quality when I want to choose my video quality? Why doesn't it pop up some menu like before?
Why can't I zoom the camera with the volume buttons? Why can't I use the power button as shutter?
Why can't I delete pictures if I come from the camera app? I have to go out of the camera app and change to the gallery app to delete pictures?

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here, but I'm just writing down my thoughts as they come flying in.

Last edited:

Reynald0

Aug 23, 2017
Jumping on the wagon too with my spare 5T. I was hoping to find some ****ty "upgrades" from 19 would have been kicked out, but they are still going the wrong way with the OS in my opinion. I guess they're still not using the OS themselves. Too bad there are not enough alternatives.

Thanks for keeping this phone going though!

Used the latest TWRP recovery (twrp-3.7.0_12-0-cheeseburger_dumpling.img) to install it from.

-edit-

Double tap to wake doesn't work for me.

Customizing the colors? Is this all it can do?
And I'll repeat my complaints from last "upgrade":
Can't mute the audio just by tapping the "music note" icon when I press volume button, and can't tap the "bell" icon just to scroll through the "vibrate" and "silent" modes.
Why the big buttons in the quick notification area? Why only four?

It's still not about the user experience, not for me.

-edit2-

Where are the settings for the camera? Like quality, iso, exposure (found that one at least, but impossible to see the value if your finger is covering it, do devs use their stuff?), etc...
Why do I have to scroll through every possible quality when I want to choose my video quality? Why doesn't it pop up some menu like before?
Why can't I zoom the camera with the volume buttons? Why can't I use the power button as shutter?
Why can't I delete pictures if I come from the camera app? I have to go out of the camera app and change to the gallery app to delete pictures?

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here, but I'm just writing down my thoughts as they come flying in.
TWRP

> Meh

Double tap to wake doesn't work for me.

> Needs to be enabled.

Colors

> Better than 19.1, else you can use something else.

Camera

> Better than snap, else you can use Google Camera or others.

Considering a lot of your features are releated to Aperture, you may try contribute to it here:

But consider your contribution will affect all LineageOS devices, so you must be really sure of what you want.

^-^

Reactions: Mecca EL
okay, new update now online - see first post.

and, i am repeating myself, but: everyone gets to use all this for free, and you still complain about "all it can do"? android is as google releases it, lineage adds some stuff, not completely reworks everything to fulfill the wishes of any given user. feel free to use any other software or another device where the oem adds the stuff you want.

please, PLEASE keep on topic. i am running this thread to find and fix problems with lineage specific to dumpling only, not to collect complaints about android or any of the apps that android and/or lineage ships with (there are other places for that).

Reynald0

Aug 23, 2017
Developer Settings contains a section called TARE:

> TARE introduces "Android Resource Credits", something that is best described as a form of currency that is tied to the battery level of the device. Google will be "awarding" credits to apps based on how depleted the battery is, and apps can then use these credits as "payments" for the opportunity to perform tasks. Essentially, Google will be setting limits to how many tasks an app can schedule through JobScheduler and AlarmManager depending on the battery level and the needs of the app.

I think that will be removed in future from LineageOS, but maybe I am wrong, seems an AOSP thing.

Reactions: Agret and Mecca EL

Quinlu

Aug 27, 2017
Hey there!
Currently using AOSP but thinking about switching to lineage. I'm missing two things:
Double tap to switch off screen
Programmable always on display, meaning I would like to set specific times when AOD is enabled.
Are these two features in lineage? Thank you

Reynald0

Aug 23, 2017
Hey there!
Currently using AOSP but thinking about switching to lineage. I'm missing two things:
Double tap to switch off screen
Programmable always on display, meaning I would like to set specific times when AOD is enabled.
Are these two features in lineage? Thank you
AOD is present, but as far as I know it doesn't offer a selectable time range for activation.

The double tap is present, in one case you have to double tap the status bar to to switch off the screen, and in the other case you have to enable the double tap to wake from settings.

There is also another setting to move the volume control from left to right.

Reactions: Quinlu

Quinlu

Aug 27, 2017
AOD is present, but as far as I know it doesn't offer a selectable time range for activation.

The double tap is present, in one case you have to double tap the status bar to to switch off the screen, and in the other case you have to enable the double tap to wake from settings.

There is also another setting to move the volume control from left to right.
Thank you Reynald0, you've been really helpful!

Reactions: Reynald0

Agret

Jun 9, 2010
Melbourne
Everything seems to be working great on my phone with the exception of AptX. Please see the attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122-095157_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221122-095157_Settings.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20221122-095201_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221122-095201_Settings.png
    150 KB · Views: 118

Reynald0

Aug 23, 2017
Sim Toolkit, com.android.stk isn't working with the latest LineageOS 20 unofficial.

edit: Actually experiencing that also on other devices, so must be something more wide.

Last edited:

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no worries guys, as of now, we are official for OnePlus 5 and 5T. i have removed the download links here and linked to the official page, builds will be rolling in shortly.
    enjoy ;)
    With lineage-20.0-20230117-nightly-dumpling, enabled exFAT support for OP5T. Now we can use OTG devices with exFAT. I have tested it with my U-disk and it works!

ref: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998/+/347216/
    Upgraded today from latest LineageOS 19.1. I have a locked bootloader, everything worked fine during the upgrade process.

Thanks everyone who was involved delivering Android 13 to this good phone, as for now everything is fine here.
    Some banking apps not working that were working on PE. (major setback for me)
    The other rom you had comes with Google Apps and will pass SafetyNet out the box, LineageOS does neither which is why your banking apps will not work.

However you can set Lineage up to pass SafetyNet with a bit of manual work: https://digiex.net/threads/play-pok...or-root-lineageos-19-android-12-how-to.15624/ - thats how i'm using apps that require SafetyNet to be passed.

I am however using Lygisk instead of Magisk as it will survive OTA updates on our 5T.
    2okPze5.png

Introduction
    LineageOS, an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices,
    with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.
    Join us and breathe new life in your device, be it old or new.
    If you don't know LineageOS and would like to read about it before installing it you can take a look at the official Website.

Features
    Individuality

Customization is paramount to productivity.
    That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
    Everyone is unique and your device should be too.
    Security
    Trust will help you understand the security of your device and warn you about possible threats.
    We take security very seriously: that’s why we deliver security updates every month to all our supported devices.
    And to make your device more secure, lock everything behind an enhanced lock screen.
    Longevity
    LineageOS extends the functionality and lifespan of mobile devices from more than 20 different manufacturers thanks to our open-source community of contributors from all around the world.
    Installation:
    If you are on stock OS, you need a custom recovery first. You can get the recommended recovery in the official installation instructions link below.
    If you are coming from stock or other ROMs, you need to do a factory reset.
    As always, make sure to backup before installing this ROM.

More detailed instructions at:
    Install LineageOS on dumpling.

Downloads
    Download LineageOS 20

Source code
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

The device specific source code can be found in the LineageOS Github repo.
    OnePlus 5T device tree
    OnePlus MSM8998 kernel

Bug reports:
    Please submit bugs and other errors in this thread

Donate to support development:
    Donate via PayPal to vware

Contributors
    Georg Veichtlbauer
    And of course all LineageOS & Android contributors

OS Version: Android 13
    Kernel: Linux 4.4.302

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-09-17
    Last Updated 2022-12-31
    no worries guys, as of now, we are official for OnePlus 5 and 5T. i have removed the download links here and linked to the official page, builds will be rolling in shortly.
    enjoy ;)
    Major Changes (December 4):
    - Kernel updates
    - SELinux improvements
    What features are missing?
    I'm using version 19.1, what will I lose by upgrading to 20?
    no, upgrading from 19 should be fine. do be careful with gapps though, as usual.

Wow this realy works fine! Amazing work und doesnt feel experimental at all.

My list of problems:
    system color scheme (material you) is not customizable
    Paypal not working
    Gpay not working
    Backup for system settings on gdrive not working

Thank you!
    as mentioned, some features are still missing. paypal/gpay likely a gapps issue not related to android itself - i've had the same trouble and been in contact with paypal, but they're sort of slow.

new build with quite a lot of improvements is up, try it out
    update now live, plenty of changes yet again. see post #1 and #2
    give it a good whirl and try to find problems!