[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for the Essential Phone

Search This thread

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Any news? I'd like to push the fix today, so it can be merged before tomorrow's nightly. Since I have already gotten one positive feedback, I'll do it anyway, but if you too could try it and confirm it's working, it would be ideal.
I have tried clicking multiple pictures and haven't found a crash yet.

Reactions: Tomoms

crimsonborn

May 28, 2023
I have a question, does this build support the Fingerprint reader and the original three hundred and sixty degree snap on camera accessory?

crimsonborn

May 28, 2023
I have a question, does this build support the Fingerprint reader and the original three hundred and sixty degree snap on camera accessory?
So I started the process. Now I am trying to flash the recovery image and appear to be stuck in command prompt at "Sending 'boot.img' (30785 KB)"... What am I doing wrong?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

crimsonborn

May 28, 2023
Thanks! Switched from usb-c to usb-c cable to usb-a to usb-c and it did seem to work... However now new problem, I get the terminal message
sending 'boot_a' (30785 KB)...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.003s
I am trying the commands fastboot flash boot recovery.img and fastboot boot C:\Users\aecus\Downloads\platform-tools\recovery.img . I have a recovery.img in both of those locations and that's what I renamed the Lineage recovery image to.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
So switching from usb-c/usb-c to usb-a/usb-c cable worked! Now however a new wall I am running into:
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'boot_a' (30785 KB)...
FAILED (remote: Requested download size is more than max allowed
)
finished. total time: 0.004s

Ideas?
Not sure what you're trying to flash, if you're following the wiki and using lineage recovery it fits

crimsonborn

May 28, 2023
can you reinstall the google usb driver and try again? the image fits fine, I just tried it.

So when I try to install the Google USB driver for the PH-1 I see in my device manager, Windows refused to:
1685299053825.png

I therefore downloaded the PH-1 official Essential USB drivers and I was able to get to this point. Maybe that is why I am getting stuck on the recovery image flash, but if I leave it at this MTP USB Device then fastboot doesn't even recognize the phone being connected when I turn debugging on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi npjohnson,

I updated my Essential Phone from 19.1 Official Build to 20.0 Unofficial Build yesterday. Google Play Protect shows that "Device is not certified", as the same as 19.1 Official Build. I can install Netflix in 20.0 Unofficial Build, I cannot install Netflix in 19.1 Official Build previously. Does it mean that SafetyNet passed no matter the Play Protect shows "Device is not certified"?
    They are completely unrelated.
    They are completely unrelated.
    Many thanks to you and your excellent work.
    Hey all, I am moving and therefore the unofficial update server/wiki will be down for a few days. Likely Wednesday, Friday at the worst.

Don’t panic when links in the OP don’t work, and your Updater app says something like “Can’t connect to server”. It is planned outage.

Thanks, see you on the other side!
    Good luck with the move!
    Can I ask you to provide a temporary download link for “lineage-20.0-20230921-recovery-mata.img”?,and I still want to ask how to open the Google weather widget?
    Let the man move in peace!
    lineage-os-logo.png

Essential Phone

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Essential Phone.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly.
    • mata - Official builds
    • mata - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps - GApps are included in my unofficial builds
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_essential_msm8998
    I know we are not supposed to ask, but sorry I can't resist. Any ETA of when will the official for Mata roll out?
    we're ready, just pending code-review from other maintainers.
    I usually don't post much on XDA but I have to give thanks to Nolan, Tomtoms, and everyone else here posting about essential PH-1. Absolutely the best maintainers in my experience going back more than a decade. I have used oneplus, samsung, & google devices during that span; the majority of the time with those custom rom versions I have had less than stellar experiences with those devices. I've been stalking these threads for 2-3 years now. I've never been disappointed.

It's truly amazing how this device is still alive and performing like its brand new.

Now we have to pray that google doesn't force AV1 hardware encoding for android 14. Keep your fingers crossed.

Peace.
    2nd that. I also like that they respond to queries. I have seen other threads where some maintainers don't bother or if they do, they will sometimes in a condescending tone.
    Official builds will roll Monday!
    same, no BT audio routing to wireless. on other phones a setting can be changed in dev options to fix it but it's greyed out on my ph1.
    Think I fixed it for the next build.