[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for the Google Pixel 4 XL

Search This thread

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
@npjohnson HI can you please post the sources for your unofficial build its against the xda forum rules since you are providing 2 different versions of lineageOS so you should provide sources for both not just official which is not even released, The title of this thread says official and the official is not even released yet but an unofficial build so either create a different thread with unofficial version and add the sources for it and whenever official lineageOS is available create a different thread, Or add the sources for unofficial build as well in this thread.

Which ever device i had i have always went through the source codes of all custom i used mostly lineageOS and i hope you dont get me wrong. i do a lot of research on custom roms and i need to understand why if something feels wrong.

i will contact the moderators of this forum as well for more information.
Wow. Threaten me right off the bat with contacting moderators?

Hilarious. Stuff like this genuinely makes me dislike doing this.

Let me address these individually:

1. The official kernel source I link is the /only/ one there is - and I might add - the kernel is the only one that is a GPL component that has to be released.

2. For your information, by choice, not by license, all sources for the official AND unofficial are public.

Next time you want to threaten someone, do some preliminary research first - this is linked in multiple places - and I will take a moment to say, none of this is legally required to be released as it's all either apache or proprietary licensed, I do the work, structure, package, and publisize it because I believe in FOSS. https://gitlab.com/oddsolutions

3. Seriously - I can't state enough how annoying threats are when it's a hobby - if you'd just said "hey, is there any kernel source difference in the unofficial? If so can I have it?" - I would have just said "No differences, but enjoy all the other stuff I open sourced too!"

That said, have fun, I'm off to enjoy my Thanksgiving vacation :)

EDIT: One additional piece here - the officials were supposed to launch a month ago - our infrastructure people have been struggling to get signing to work - 20.0 will literally launch randomly some day soon when they figure it out - so I made the threads to get feedback from users ahead of time on device-specific bugs so that when the official launched, I just un-strike through the download link and let people enjoy.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Reactions: pocketrule

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Hey @npjohnson I am so sorry if you took this the wrong way It was never a threat bro 😔 and never will, I appreciate your hard work and all your doing for the community so please don't take this as a threat rather a misunderstanding, All I want to understand is the link to the source is for linked to official kernel source since you know unofficial builds does not pass safety net and never did so in order to do that framework-base and few other pieace of the source code needs to be modified so all I am saying is the source for the unofficial build should be provided as well jot just official.
Every developer here provides the links to the source code, How is that a threat bro?
If I do something Like this you can tell me the same thing and I would never take it personally and I will always provide links to all the source code.
Everyone has the right to inspect the source code tell me If I am wrong?
You are wrong on that point.

From a legal perspective, there is no "right" to inspect source code.

You may want to go read about licenses a little bit. Android - the frameworks and system side, is licensed Apache2 - which just states that you can use it - has no requirement to be published - at all - ever wondered why we don't get source for Samsung OneUI? Because they don't legally have to.

The linux kernel, and a few other pieces of external modules are GPL licensed, which requires release of accompanying source code, which is linked as per the kernel source in the OP to comply with XDA requirements that GPL modules be linked in the OP.

Again, regardless of that - I provide the source code anyway.

I use a tool called ih8sn to pass safety net - if you looked at the link I provided in my last post, you'd see that, and find a link to coral's specific configuration to use with it.

I even provide nice prebuilt local_manifests that you can snag and sync to build this 1:1 with ease.

You may want to go read about licenses a little bit. Android - the frameworks and system side, is licensed Apache2 - which just states that you can use it - has no requirement to be published - at all - ever wondered why we don't get source for Samsung OneUI? Because they don't legally have to.

The linux kernel, and a few other pieces of external modules are GPL licensed, which requires release of accompanying source code, which is linked as per the kernel source in the OP to comply with XDA requirements that GPL modules be linked in the OP.

I use a tool called ih8sn to pass safety net - if you looked at the link I provided in my last post, you'd see that, and find a link to coral's specific configuration to use with it.

I even provide nice prebuilt local_manifests that you can snag and sync to build this 1:1 with ease.
I saw that and I have no issues with passing safety net I built my own version of libeageOS with safety net passed and fee other minor changes and I appreciate all your work.
I am here to learn I am not a pro dev but still learning to my understanding and how I think I care about everyone not just me so let's say someone builds a custom rom and implements some malicious code how can one know or anyone would know if the source isn't there to inspect?
As you know these days we use out cellphone's for everything from browsing the web to banking, I hope you get my point my bro and I am here to learn not argue or disrespect you or anyone.
Rather then saying I am threatening you you can just point me to the right direction and teach me isn't why we all developers here for to learn from each other and resoect each other.

I hope we become friends and learn from each other and make the world a better place 😊

And I am sorry I shouldn't have involved the moderator we all make mistakes.

• Haha
Reactions: Retrial

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I saw that and I have no issues with passing safety net I built my own version of libeageOS with safety net passed and fee other minor changes and I appreciate all your work.
I am here to learn I am not a pro dev but still learning to my understanding and how I think I care about everyone not just me so let's say someone builds a custom rom and implements some malicious code how can one know or anyone would know if the source isn't there to inspect?
As you know these days we use out cellphone's for everything from browsing the web to banking, I hope you get my point my bro and I am here to learn not argue or disrespect you or anyone.
Rather then saying I am threatening you you can just point me to the right direction and teach me isn't why we all developers here for to learn from each other and resoect each other.

I hope we become friends and learn from each other and make the world a better place 😊

And I am sorry I shouldn't have involved the moderator we all make mistakes.
No worries - have a happy holiday season - the org I linked will give you a good idea of how it all ties together - I even organized the manifests so if you want some parts you can just snag them.

No worries - have a happy holiday season - the org I linked will give you a good idea of how it all ties together - I even organized the manifests so if you want some parts you can just snag them.
Thanks bro and you as well and I am looking forward to working with you of course if you wanted and forgave me for this😊

Reactions: npjohnson
May 31, 2018
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 4 XL
EDIT: One additional piece here - the officials were supposed to launch a month ago - our infrastructure people have been struggling to get signing to work - 20.0 will literally launch randomly some day soon when they figure it out - so I made the threads to get feedback from users ahead of time on device-specific bugs so that when the official launched, I just un-strike through the download link and let people enjoy.

In hindsight, this explains why it was silly for me to ask about dirty-flash upgrading - LOS 20.0 was already ready to go by the time you started your unofficial with-GApps builds. There wasn't any additional migration/etc work left to implement.

I'll keep this in mind for the future - you don't start LineageOS threads here until migrations are ready.

Thank you for your patience with my and others' questions, and for keeping the coral alive! (And for your work on shamu, my previous and still fully working phone.)

hardwareadictos

Jun 15, 2013
Good afternoon.

Is it possible to use your unofficial rom to make the extract-files guided process to build lineage 20 myself?

Thanks in advance :)

hardwareadictos

Jun 15, 2013
yeah, but it is way easier to just use gitlab.com/the-muppets.
Sadly i don't see any coral vendor there:

1670321458663.png

I'm searching on the correct org?

Thank you in advance :) (syncing your vendor https://gitlab.com/oddsolutions/android/proprietary_vendor_google_pixel for the moment EDIT: this one seems a generic pixel repository, not a coral one)

EDIT2: never mind... found it on github: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_google_coral

Last edited:

hardwareadictos

Jun 15, 2013
One question: Are los20 branches on official repos buildable?

Having a weird error buidling kernel modules:

Building with this local_manifest:

Thanks in advance :)

May 31, 2018
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 4 XL
Almost everything seems to be working in the December 10th builds - thank you!

However, I have run into the Pixel Launcher crashing any time I try to open an app from the launcher, trigger the Recent Apps switcher, or activate a widget (e.g. Tasker shortcut, Sleep as Android droid widget), whether I pick gestures or 3-button navigation. This makes switching apps.. difficult.

Clearing data for the Pixel Launcher does not fix the issue.

I've switched to 3-button navigation for now so at least the Home button works consistently.

If there's anything that'd help with debugging, let me know!

EDIT: the 2022-12-10 builds (and all other downloads) have been removed. I would advise against upgrading to the 2022-12-10 update unless you have a backup of an older build to revert to (e.g. lineage-20.0-20221121-UNOFFICIAL-coral.zip).

EDIT 2: @npjohnson has committed a fix to the OddSolutions repository:

Thank you for the quick response! I look forward to the fixed build whenever it is ready (no rush).

Last edited:
May 31, 2018
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hallelujah! The latest build (2022-12-12) fixes the launcher!

Not just gesture navigation, but now widgets work again, and I can switch apps again (the latter two things had broken even with 3-button navigation).

I appreciate this quick fix. It's much nicer to use my phone again.

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could, but then you won't learn and then cant help others later on. I am assuming you refreshed the page and saw the picture or the CLI commands.

Instead, Google # setenforce 0, this is all you need to know, OR Google the app in the picture. If you do, you will see the app with the GUI that does it all, install it, click the option, done. BUT you gotta do a little work yourself, I will never feed a man for the day. Instead, I give you the tools to learn how to fish for yourself (by learning how to do things).
    tks man, I just didn't get your idea but i get it now. tks for the kindness
    tks man, I just didn't get your idea but i get it now. tks for the kindness
    no worries, let me know if you get stuck (after trying)
    And I hope you can bring exfat support to it.
    No because this is for kernel 5.10.

The licensing isn't retroactive to 4.14.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Google Pixel 4 XL

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Google Pixel 4 XL.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • coral - Official builds​
    • coral - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.​
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_google_msm-4.14
    @npjohnson HI can you please post the sources for your unofficial build its against the xda forum rules since you are providing 2 different versions of lineageOS so you should provide sources for both not just official which is not even released, The title of this thread says official and the official is not even released yet but an unofficial build so either create a different thread with unofficial version and add the sources for it and whenever official lineageOS is available create a different thread, Or add the sources for unofficial build as well in this thread.

Which ever device i had i have always went through the source codes of all custom i used mostly lineageOS and i hope you dont get me wrong. i do a lot of research on custom roms and i need to understand why if something feels wrong.

i will contact the moderators of this forum as well for more information.
    Wow. Threaten me right off the bat with contacting moderators?

Hilarious. Stuff like this genuinely makes me dislike doing this.

Let me address these individually:

1. The official kernel source I link is the /only/ one there is - and I might add - the kernel is the only one that is a GPL component that has to be released.

2. For your information, by choice, not by license, all sources for the official AND unofficial are public.

Next time you want to threaten someone, do some preliminary research first - this is linked in multiple places - and I will take a moment to say, none of this is legally required to be released as it's all either apache or proprietary licensed, I do the work, structure, package, and publisize it because I believe in FOSS. https://gitlab.com/oddsolutions

3. Seriously - I can't state enough how annoying threats are when it's a hobby - if you'd just said "hey, is there any kernel source difference in the unofficial? If so can I have it?" - I would have just said "No differences, but enjoy all the other stuff I open sourced too!"

That said, have fun, I'm off to enjoy my Thanksgiving vacation :)

Hey @npjohnson I am so sorry if you took this the wrong way It was never a threat bro 😔 and never will, I appreciate your hard work and all your doing for the community so please don't take this as a threat rather a misunderstanding, All I want to understand is the link to the source is for linked to official kernel source since you know unofficial builds does not pass safety net and never did so in order to do that framework-base and few other pieace of the source code needs to be modified so all I am saying is the source for the unofficial build should be provided as well jot just official.
    Every developer here provides the links to the source code, How is that a threat bro?
    If I do something Like this you can tell me the same thing and I would never take it personally and I will always provide links to all the source code.
    Everyone has the right to inspect the source code tell me If I am wrong?

Latest build won't run, "android setup keeps stopping" error

Hi,

I followed the instructions on https://wiki.oddsolutions.us/devices/coral/install, and everything went well until I rebooted after the sideload had finished.

I got a message saying the "Android Setup" app is crashing. From there, there is nothing I can do. I can see a clock, the signal bar and the battery charging icon.

The recovery: lineage-20.0-20221217-recovery-coral.img
    The build: lineage-20.0-20221218-UNOFFICIAL-coral.zip

# Update

I just installed the official LineageOS 19, and everything works fine. My phone was on the Google official ROM.
    pulled the build, fixing it. New one will be live tmrw.
    Hi guys, well now I'm in the Nov 9th compilation and everything's looking fine, until now. Now I don't have the lockscreen glitch, the Bluetooth works perfect and the system in general feels good and responsive.

There are some few bugs I can live with (play store shows "not certified", some Pixel goodies doesn't work and security guard recognize se-linux is not enforcing) but is still better than stock ROM lol.

Disclaimer: all this is my personal opinion.
    Not certified will be fixed soon, GMS + Enforcing breaks bluetooth - working on it.

What Pixel goodies don't work?

And yeah Trust will complain, is what it is until I fix the above issue.