[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for the Moto G7/G7 Power/G7 Play

Search This thread

pepeu2k

Nov 8, 2011
Screenshot_20221102-235240_Google Play Services.png

unable to login. there was a problem communicating with the google servers. Try again later.

amarprat87

Jul 10, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi, the Gapps included are micro Gapps.
I only see playstore, assistant, messages, phone, contacts, pixel launcher and speech services. Confirming if this is normal or I am making any mistakes.
CTS profile is still failing on 19 Nov build. I guess it'll be fixed in future builds, or is there something to flash additionally.

Thanks for your efforts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122-092857_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20221122-092857_Pixel Launcher.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20221122-092908_SafetyNet Test.png
    Screenshot_20221122-092908_SafetyNet Test.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 46

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Hi, the Gapps included are micro Gapps.
I only see playstore, assistant, messages, phone, contacts, pixel launcher and speech services. Confirming if this is normal or I am making any mistakes.
CTS profile is still failing on 19 Nov build. I guess it'll be fixed in future builds, or is there something to flash additionally.

Thanks for your efforts
Yeah, this device has small partitions, it is what it is.

CTS maybe. Idk what else to do to make it pass on stock fingerprint.

Reactions: amarprat87

micber67

Aug 5, 2022
why does the River personal version go directly to Lineage OS main page?
do you not still have the build?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer

Top Liked Posts

someone is testing the latest version for river? since the previous version did not work the wifi
    It's fixed. The last version had it broken, and was pulled.
    As I'm feeling a bit blank today and have so many phones I root over the years, but still becomes crazy decipher whats what. I need to ask a simple question. I'm on official 19.1, and from what I've read on official LOS guide...I cannot simply flash v20.0 OTA over 19.1, but need to sideload this once?
    I assume magisk works too, but with a few steps too. The 19.1 procedure was always quirky, having to extract boot.img from the LOS ROM using python. Is that still the same?

Any further tips before I attempt this. I assume LOS recovery can do a backup, just in case?
    I rather use twrp but the built in recovery with OTA makes it easy, especially as this phone is my sisters and I have to juggle several phones with LOS/Roms
    Follow this guide exactly.
    Just did it myself and works fine. Not sure about magisk but the sideload update 19.1 to 20.0 works without wiping data.

There is already an issue. If you can comment maybe they can give this problem more priority
    Sorry my mistake, like I said, I juggle a few rooted phones so lost track.
    The G7 Play is on 18.1 not 19.1, it's been a while since I updated.
    I need to fully read the steps carefully before updating and do a basic backup too.
    I'll need to find out if I can jump from 18.1 to 20.
    you can
    Hello, after I updated my Moto G7 river to the latest version (https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/river/20230129/lineage-20.0-20230129-nightly-river-signed.zip) today, I no longer have WiFi. I can activate it, but no network is found anymore and the module then deactivates itself again. Before that I had the problem that at some point the network no longer automatically registered itself in the WLAN and the G7 was only on the Internet via mobile data. Unfortunately, with the latest update, I no longer have WiFi at all.
    I had same problem with play store. Go in app info and check under Internet connection usage. Now make sure the app has Internet accessaccessl
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto G7/G7 Power/G7 Play

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Moto G7/G7 Power/G7 Play.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • Moto G7
      • river - Official builds
      • river - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    • Moto G7 Power
      • ocean - Official builds
      • ocean - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    • Moto G7 Play
      • channel - Official builds
      • channel - This device's partitions are too small for me to fit Google Apps and Pixel goodies, so no unofficial for it sadly.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_sdm632
    I had same problem with play store. Go in app info and check under Internet connection usage. Now make sure the app has Internet accessaccessl

There is already an issue. If you can comment maybe they can give this problem more priority
    As I'm feeling a bit blank today and have so many phones I root over the years, but still becomes crazy decipher whats what. I need to ask a simple question. I'm on official 19.1, and from what I've read on official LOS guide...I cannot simply flash v20.0 OTA over 19.1, but need to sideload this once?
    I assume magisk works too, but with a few steps too. The 19.1 procedure was always quirky, having to extract boot.img from the LOS ROM using python. Is that still the same?

Any further tips before I attempt this. I assume LOS recovery can do a backup, just in case?
    I rather use twrp but the built in recovery with OTA makes it easy, especially as this phone is my sisters and I have to juggle several phones with LOS/Roms
    Follow this guide exactly.
    Just did it myself and works fine. Not sure about magisk but the sideload update 19.1 to 20.0 works without wiping data.
    Sorry my mistake, like I said, I juggle a few rooted phones so lost track.
    The G7 Play is on 18.1 not 19.1, it's been a while since I updated.
    I need to fully read the steps carefully before updating and do a basic backup too.
    I'll need to find out if I can jump from 18.1 to 20.
    you can