Recognized Developer
lineage-os-logo.png

moto g7/g7 power/g7 play

Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Moto g7/g7 power/g7 play.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
  • Moto g7
    • river - Official builds
    • river - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
  • Moto g7 power
    • ocean - Official builds
    • ocean - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
  • Moto g7 play
    • channel - Official builds
    • channel - This device's partitions are too small for me to fit Google Apps and Pixel goodies, so no unofficial for it sadly.
If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
  • None.
  • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
Notes:
  • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_sdm632

Last edited:

HackVasant

Mar 19, 2022
Thanks for this rom. It worked well on my Moto G7 river. I was trying to root it with Magisk V 25.2 and the system wouldn't boot after that. So question is how to root Moto G7 river .

HackVasant

Mar 19, 2022
I was able to patch the original boot.img with Magisk 25.2 and then flash the patched boot.img with fastboot.
This worked without any issues.

HackVasant

Mar 19, 2022
Sometime after I reboot the screen brightness is very low. This is on Moto G7 river. I cant seem to change the brightness.

pepeu2k

Nov 8, 2011
How to solve this problem? is it possible a version without gapps?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221102-235240_Google Play Services.png
    Screenshot_20221102-235240_Google Play Services.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 459

ichwill

Oct 21, 2015
None of the sensors working(only fingerprint sensor working). Cant use motos gestures(like flash light and camera). Update. Checked phone with cpu x app its showing only fingerprint sensor.

ichwill

Oct 21, 2015
Camera app not working properly (wasn't working before update, i was thinking because of sensors),after focus freezing for second and then same thing again(focus-freeze), tried couple different apps same thing. Only open camera app is working. Moto g7 river.

amarprat87

Jul 10, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
I installed the Android 13 unofficial Nov build. Is it without Gapps. Also safety net is failing basic integrity and CTS profile match. What am I doing wrong? I thought unofficial build has built in Gapps and safety net

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
I installed the Android 13 unofficial Nov build. Is it without Gapps. Also safety net is failing basic integrity and CTS profile match. What am I doing wrong? I thought unofficial build has built in Gapps and safety net
it has gapps - I have no clue what you're running but it's not my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

moto g7/g7 power/g7 play

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Moto g7/g7 power/g7 play.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • Moto g7
      • river - Official builds
      • river - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    • Moto g7 power
      • ocean - Official builds
      • ocean - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.
    • Moto g7 play
      • channel - Official builds
      • channel - This device's partitions are too small for me to fit Google Apps and Pixel goodies, so no unofficial for it sadly.
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.
    • Find any? Report them according to this guide.
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps.
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_sdm632
    Any camera issues people are facing are now fixed.

The issue was isolated and fixed in the next builds.
    Well, it is frustrating simply because not anywhere it is indicated that LOS is in beta testing (or any, for that matter), as you indicated. I am an user not an early adopter.

It is a ready product. And as such should be fully functional.

Again I'll forestall any LOS self appointed henchmen, and point out that if something is free it does not mean it should be faulty.

Take note, that I do not criticize the DEVS work, but if at all, their timing and alacrity.

Any work shared here on XDA is provided without guarantee. Use it at your own risk. As a general rule, assume that anything that is not the factory firmware may not perform exactly how you want it to.

Don't ask for fixes. Don't ask for updates. Don't demand anything. If you want your phone to work properly, flashback to stock. Bug reports are fine; demanding a fix is not.

You are entitled to absolutely nothing, and you are absolutely out of line treating our developers and contributors with such disrespect.

Failure to conduct yourself according to the Forum Rules will result in administrative action.

You've been warned.
    Nearly a year with a bug and finally you get your excuse not to fix it.
    Good job!

Stop pestering the developer. You were previously told of the predictable effect that would have and now it's happening. You paid nothing and you are entitled to nothing, and this thread is for providing constructive bug reporting rather than mere complaints, so please cease your needless and counterproductive pestering of the developer who has worked hard to provide what we do have at no cost to us. If you want tech support to kiss your ring, then get an iPhone and complain to Apple support about the things you cannot do with it that you can do in Android.
    Completely off topic @npjohnson after reading through some of these boards I just wanted to say thanks man. I'm definitely one of those cheep guys that doesn't like to drop money I don't have to on an expensive hand held computer I could drop in the toilet and people like you make holding onto an older devices worthwhile. IDK what the policy on xda is with donations but ill buy you a coffee for sure if you have a link or something.