[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for the Razer Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TenseRaptor

May 3, 2022
Razer Phone
The last version the camera worked was 18.1, im not trying to be rude or stupid, just dont know anything about developing a rom, but wont it be easier to compare the camera code of 18.1 and 20 to find the major differences.
I wish it were that ez, going through code is so annoying, takes forever to find a missing semicolon, how they gonna find specific camera code. Or I could be wrong and it colder be super easy 😂

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
The last version the camera worked was 18.1, im not trying to be rude or stupid, just dont know anything about developing a rom, but wont it be easier to compare the camera code of 18.1 and 20 to find the major differences.
not how that works.

camera is prebuilt.

We are using the exact same setup, so something changed. Some symbol, or intrinsic, or interface - there's not even a clear place to start looking and thousands of changes to AOSP that could have broken it.

-SKYLINE-

May 25, 2007
Having Lineage 20 for the Cheryl is exciting news!

However, my battery is struggling to keep up even half a day now (with no source for a new battery), and frequently running out of internal storage space for apps (I'm already using adoptable storage). Both my top and bottom grills have fallen off.

I literally just placed an order for a Pixel 7 Pro, but hope to mess around with upgrading to Lineage 20 later (at least after the front camera known issue is fixed).

Keep up the good work @npjohnson!

Jul 11, 2019
Both cameras don't work on my android 13. And I assume that there will be a similar problem on the official Lineage 20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221126-153812_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20221126-153812_crDroid Home.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20221126-153833_Настройки.png
    Screenshot_20221126-153833_Настройки.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20221126-154445_crDroid Home.png
    Screenshot_20221126-154445_crDroid Home.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
Dec 13, 2020
Redmi Note 8
@npjohnson Thanks a ton for reviving my Razer phone! I'm loving this ROM. Is the code available on Github?

I also noticed that all the system apps were disabled from network access. And the clock had no access to send notifications i.e. alarm clock would not work until this was enabled. Was that turned off on the recent Feb build or is that a bug?

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
@npjohnson Thanks a ton for reviving my Razer phone! I'm loving this ROM. Is the code available on Github?

I also noticed that all the system apps were disabled from network access. And the clock had no access to send notifications i.e. alarm clock would not work until this was enabled. Was that turned off on the recent Feb build or is that a bug?
Yes it's all merged to GitHub.

And uh, that's weird - it works fine here.

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
what a legend, TY. Also i just realized one of the back cams dont work(i think its the wide), normally when you zoom in, it uses the second cam, but it does not seem to switch to the second camera for 18.1, im not sure about 19.1+
We accidentally figured that out in debugging front cam too lol

• Haha
Reactions: TenseRaptor

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
Reactions: dungeon_mesher

TenseRaptor

May 3, 2022
Razer Phone
Do you know if there a battery life difference when upgrading to 19.1+, because I don't think I have much battery life left in my phone 😂, it's been my daily driver for 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Front camera is fixed - we are letting one more 19.1 build roll with fixed front cam, then will promote to 20!
    Having Lineage 20 for the Cheryl is exciting news!

However, my battery is struggling to keep up even half a day now (with no source for a new battery), and frequently running out of internal storage space for apps (I'm already using adoptable storage). Both my top and bottom grills have fallen off.

I literally just placed an order for a Pixel 7 Pro, but hope to mess around with upgrading to Lineage 20 later (at least after the front camera known issue is fixed).

Keep up the good work @npjohnson!
    @wanwije

Yes, same trouble here. The link shows, but it says the file is 0.00MB and when I click onto it it downloads an empty ZIP achieve. I guess, maybe we should just wait and try again tomorrow. Many thanks to all the developers still working on this device.

:)
    builds are running tonight.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Razer Phone

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Razer Phone.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • cheryl - Official builds​
    • cheryl - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Known bugs (won't fix):
      - Can't switch FPS to 60 (can only switch between 90 and 120)
      - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
    • Find any more? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps. - GApps are included in my unofficial builds​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_msm8998
    lineage-os-logo.png

Razer Phone

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 20 thread for the Razer Phone.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.
    • cheryl - Official builds - Potentially coming soon!​
    • cheryl - My unofficial with Google Apps/Pixel goodies included. Passes SafetyNet by default. OTA's roll roughly once a month. Support not guaranteed or implied.​
    If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party add-ons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • Known bugs (won't fix):
      - Can't switch FPS to 60 (can only switch between 90 and 120)
      - Can't switch screen resolution (defaults to 2560x1440)
    • Find any more? Report them according to this guide.​
    Notes:
    • The only supported GApps package at the moment is MindTheGapps, linked on our Wiki page about gapps. - GApps are included in my unofficial builds​
    • Firmware is shipped in the ROM package for this device, so no need to worry about updating it on your own!​
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_msm8998
    Hi npjohnson, thanks for your great efforts to make Razer phone still relevant after all these years. Really appreciate it. But the link still has no files listed. Will wait for your further update. Thanks again for your continuous work.