General Official List of Sideloaded Apps and Workarounds For Galaxy Watch 4 (GW4)

Search This thread

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
Does it have .apk at the end of it? If not manually rename it to have GW4Remap.apk

Also the link to the original source is included in post.

Ok but I listed in my post exactly what to expect. Nobody else is having the issues you are. It's fine to vent, but don't reply to everybody else telling them it sucks to deter them. If they read the post like everybody else, they'd know that only wear apps I listed work. Wear Internet, Wear Keyboard, Wear Weather, and Wear Videos don't work at all. The rest do. Plus, they all have a free version to them and before you went all out to pay 10+ bucks for the bundle, you should have made sure they function first. Then it wouldn't be so frustrating for you. I'm sorry your experience wasn't good and I'm glad you were able to get some working.

The wear apps are hit or miss but Wear Mail, Wear Messages, Wear Launcher, Wear Photos, and Wear Videos all work. However, cloud access is blocked by Google so anything up in Googles cloud you can't touch. That doesn't include GMAIL.
Ya thanks. I'm sure other smartwatch newbies have issues. Regarding APPFOUR Wear OS apps, I had no choice than to pay in order to test the apps I wanted to try. Box popped up asking for money. That was the $11.99 bundle and I thought it was cheaper than purchasing individually. But 3 apps asked for more money to unlock the full version after I paid $11.99. In the end, $23.23 was well spent on the apps you list that do work. I have also tried many apps free before deciding to purchase and have tried apps making suggestions to the developer regarding settings (some have been changed). I guess I stated my experience in the wrong place. Be a little more sympathetic to the technology newbies as we are still learning. Be well.

Ya thanks. I'm sure other smartwatch newbies have issues. Regarding APPFOUR Wear OS apps, I had no choice than to pay in order to test the apps I wanted to try. Box popped up asking for money. That was the $11.99 bundle and I thought it was cheaper than purchasing individually. But 3 apps asked for more money to unlock the full version after I paid $11.99. In the end, $23.23 was well spent on the apps you list that do work. I have also tried many apps free before deciding to purchase and have tried apps making suggestions to the developer regarding settings (some have been changed). I guess I stated my experience in the wrong place. Be a little more sympathetic to the technology newbies as we are still learning. Be well.
My only issue is that you sent 3 of 4 replies trying to deter people because your experience was bad and essentially unintentionally undermined the work I put into establishing this list.

By the way, just because a box pops up asking you to subscribe doesn't mean that you have to. Most subscription services try to get you to subscribe through any means possible. All the wear apps let you try it to verify it works. I also paid for the bundle but I also use 3 or 4 wear apps since despite them being outdated, they're still the best in several categories.

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
My only issue is that you sent 3 of 4 replies trying to deter people because your experience was bad.

By the way, just because a box pops up asking you to subscribe doesn't mean that you have to. All the wear apps let you try it to verify it works. I also paid for the bundle but I also use 3 or 4 wear apps since despite them being outdated, they're still the best in several categories.

My only issue is that you sent 3 of 4 replies trying to deter people because your experience was bad and essentially unintentionally undermined the work I put into establishing this list.

By the way, just because a box pops up asking you to subscribe doesn't mean that you have to. Most subscription services try to get you to subscribe through any means possible. All the wear apps let you try it to verify it works. I also paid for the bundle but I also use 3 or 4 wear apps since despite them being outdated, they're still the best in several categories.
No choice to try for free. Maybe it was different when you installed them. I tried and ended up paying for the bundle. I thought NO I should be able to try for free, so I requested and received a refund from Google Play. But I tried again because I really wanted to try the apps. I was again promoted to pay and then again for Launcher, Photos and Documents, there was a popup to pay to unlock/full version. I thought ok a glitch and those 3 apps will be deducted from the bundle price and I will get a refund. I didn't and asked for full refund again but of course denied because it only allowed one refund per app. You already stated what does and doesn't work so my post is really no different, I just said don't pay for the bundle if you can get some apps as standalone. Photos/Launcher/Documents for example - in the bundle but I had to pay another 10 bucks to unlock it after I already paid and it was on the watch. These are available individually. I don't mind paying for apps, I just don't like being charged twice for 3 of them. Google Play told me to contact APPFOUR but they seem to be nonexistent. I am not new to downloading APKs and apps. I have done it several years for my cellphones and laptops and never charged more than I should have been like with APPFOUR.

Last edited:

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
Has anyone experienced an issue with the MAIL for WEAR OS app by APPSFOUR? I can install and read Gmail on the smartwatch; however, there is a credential/syncing issue between Outlook and Gmail on my laptop and phone when email is received.
I use Gmail linked to my Outlook on my laptop and phone. I have linked Gmail to Outlook for several years without issue. I started having an issue with this when I installed Mail for Wear OS on the Samsung smartwatch and added my Gmail. account. Since then, every time I open Outlook on my laptop, I get a Google credential popup over and over asking for google password stating Microsoft services and apps wants permission to access Gmail. I select ALLOW and in email alert select YES it was me. I get a confirmation email from Outlook to Gmail. However, the popup just keeps occurring. I can X out the popup. I can compose an email using Gmail linked in my Outlook doesn't show in Sent, and popup says "Outlook unable to connect to Gmail server." Folders are empty. However, I open Gmail through its own icon, and I see the sent email and items in other folders. I also can't receive email to Gmail linked to my Outlook mailbox. I need to open Gmail itself to read the mail. I spent days with Microsoft and Googe regarding the google popup and both say the issue is with the other. MS agent accessed my laptop and re-configured the Gmail settings. Google sent instructions to set up a linked mailbox. They do not know why I am getting the popup. Thats why I thought it was because I added Gmail to the smartwatch? I uninstalled Mail for Wear OS 2 days ago and I have had no Google credential popups. I am monitoring the issue and will re-install Mail for Wear OS in a couple of days and see if the issue starts again. I have made no other changes to my laptop, phone and smartwatch.

Update: Since I have Gmail linked to Outlook on my phone and laptop, and there is an Outlook mail app on Google Play, I installed it and can use that app on the smartwatch to read and reply to Gmail as well as Outlook. I just can't compose and view folders unless I access Gmail through the Samsung Internet browser on the watch. I'm thinking there is some conflict with the Mail for Wear OS app as since I uninstalled it there are no Google credential popups! Not sure if any other app is the cause but I am reinstalling to test as I really want Photos and Messages.

Last edited:
I believe you can disable the captcha in your discord settings. If not, I'm not sure. I forget how I did it. Make sure you're using the version I posted. I indicated in the post in doesn't look great though.

messenger calling doesn't work unfortunately
I'm using the version you posted and no, there is no option to disable captha D:
It was also an issue on huawei phones early because in this and all old version their used gcaptha
Now they use hcaptha but these version probably won't run

I'm using the version you posted and no, there is no option to disable captha D:
It was also an issue on huawei phones early because in this and all old version their used gcaptha
Now they use hcaptha but these version probably won't run
Here's the fix for the captcha:

Connect your phone and watch to the same wifi network. You may need to disconnect from BT so watch with automatically connect to WiFi. You can try to do this without connecting to WiFi as long as watch is actively connected to phone.

Basically, log into your discord account with your phone or computer (while on same wifi) to force a captcha. Complete the captcha on that device to log in. Then try to log in on your watch and as long as you're on the same network within a short time period, the request to do another captcha shouldnt be required and it'll long you right in.

I know of the issue you guys are talking about and I'm pretty sure that's how I got past it because I did get past it. However, with the way discord is set up, it's kind of a pain in the *** to navigate on a watch. It does work though.

Update: Can confirm that logging into discord with my Galaxy Watch using the version I listed works. I just did it. My settings are watch not connected to BT, Both phone and watch connected to same WiFi and discord logged in on phone. 2 factor disabled in discord. Did not require captcha to log in probably because I was already logged in on my phone which was on the same network.

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced an issue with the MAIL for WEAR OS app by APPSFOUR? I can install and read Gmail on the smartwatch; however, there is a credential/syncing issue between Outlook and Gmail on my laptop and phone when email is received.
I use Gmail linked to my Outlook on my laptop and phone. I have linked Gmail to Outlook for several years without issue. I started having an issue with this when I installed Mail for Wear OS on the Samsung smartwatch and added my Gmail. account. Since then, every time I open Outlook on my laptop, I get a Google credential popup over and over asking for google password stating Microsoft services and apps wants permission to access Gmail. I select ALLOW and in email alert select YES it was me. I get a confirmation email from Outlook to Gmail. However, the popup just keeps occurring. I can X out the popup. I can compose an email using Gmail linked in my Outlook doesn't show in Sent, and popup says "Outlook unable to connect to Gmail server." Folders are empty. However, I open Gmail through its own icon, and I see the sent email and items in other folders. I also can't receive email to Gmail linked to my Outlook mailbox. I need to open Gmail itself to read the mail. I spent days with Microsoft and Googe regarding the google popup and both say the issue is with the other. MS agent accessed my laptop and re-configured the Gmail settings. Google sent instructions to set up a linked mailbox. They do not know why I am getting the popup. Thats why I thought it was because I added Gmail to the smartwatch? I uninstalled Mail for Wear OS 2 days ago and I have had no Google credential popups. I am monitoring the issue and will re-install Mail for Wear OS in a couple of days and see if the issue starts again. I have made no other changes to my laptop, phone and smartwatch.

Update: Since I have Gmail linked to Outlook on my phone and laptop, and there is an Outlook mail app on Google Play, I installed it and can use that app on the smartwatch to read and reply to Gmail as well as Outlook. I just can't compose and view folders unless I access Gmail through the Samsung Internet browser on the watch. I'm thinking there is some conflict with the Mail for Wear OS app as since I uninstalled it there are no Google credential popups! Not sure if any other app is the cause but I am reinstalling to test as I really want Photos and Messages.
Try downloading Mail Client for Wear OS off play store on your phone. Then download Wear Installer. Extract the wear version of the app directly to your watch using Wear Installer. Set the setting on your watch to standalone version. Try logging in using Gmail.

Also, does it let you log into your Gmail account on the phone version of the wear app?

I just had to reset and repair my watch and one of the first apps I installed was mail Client for Wear and can confirm I had no problems syncing Gmail. It can send and receive emails... I mean it's a full email app 100% works. I installed the following wear apps just now and can confirm they work:

Wear Messages (No standalone mode have to sync to phone app and on the phone app, add support for SMS and Facebook Messenger. They both work.)

Wear Mail

Wear Videos (no standalone version since cloud sync doesn't work. Have to sync to phone app)

Wear Photos (No Google photos sync but can see all images stored on your phone and watch). There's also an app available that lets you get Google Photos access but not local phone or watch images. So if you have both apps, you can access all your photos

Wear Launcher

Wear Documents (should work but haven't tried yet today)

Last edited:

73sydney

Try downloading Mail Client for Wear OS off play store on your phone. Then download Wear Installer. Extract the wear version of the app directly to your watch using Wear Installer. Set the setting on your watch to standalone version. Try logging in using Gmail.

Also, does it let you log into your Gmail account on the phone version of the wear app?

I just had to reset and repair my watch and one of the first apps I installed was mail Client for Wear and can confirm I had no problems syncing Gmail. It can send and receive emails... I mean it's a full email app 100% works. I installed the following wear apps just now and can confirm they work:

Wear Messages (No standalone mode have to sync to phone app and on the phone app, add support for SMS and Facebook Messenger. They both work.)

Wear Mail

Wear Videos (no standalone version since cloud sync doesn't work. Have to sync to phone app)

Wear Photos (No Google photos sync but can see all images stored on your phone and watch). There's also an app available that lets you get Google Photos access but not local phone or watch images. So if you have both apps, you can access all your photos

Wear Launcher

fwiw i tried this again and i never got the option for standalone...it wanted me to pay on my phone first

as i mentioned previously the app used to work for me, now it never does, even after a complete reset....

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022

Wear Mail

Wear Launcher

UPDATE: Apr 30 at 10:19 pm - Google popup is back; even though tested successfully at 3pm. Removed Outlook from Mail. Still got popup with only Gmail added. Uninstalled Mail for Wear OS.
I am tenacious!
I look for apps on the Play Store using the watch first, if app not there I try the Store under Galaxy Wearable, and if not there, then the Play Store on phone either by name or developer. Some apps will install directly and some I need to use Wear Installer on the phone. I also search for apps on Uptodown using the laptop, download app, save to a folder on OneDrive, and use Easy Fire Tools on phone to install to watch.

That is how I did it. Download app phone, Wear Installer to watch! Then when I opened, email on my laptop, I saw the credential popups. I followed the prompts to just be in a looped credential screen. I uninstalled it completely from the watch and went the other way and installed it to the phone and used Wear Installer to get it to the watch. Same issue. I also tried using the app from Uptodown and Easy Fire Tools as well as Bugjaeger. I tried various methods to get the app on the watch and still get the credential popups. I do not think I'm messing up anywhere missing any steps. I am an experienced Systems Tech and was IT Helpdesk for 16 years within a government agency, so I know how to install programs/applications/troubleshoot and am tech savvy. Although, new to smartwatch apps/APKs and its technology.

Yes, I can add Gmail to that app on the watch in the phone version settings. I also have Gmail linked to Outlook and currently use it through the Outlook app on my watch without issue.

Are you using Gmail linked to Outlook and Outlook as your primary email client? I could load it, but I had to X out the credential prompt even though I followed then prompts and received a successful test email. On my laptop, I composed and sent a test email from Outlook to Gmail and noticed on the phone/laptop I wasn't receiving Gmail to the Gmail linked to Outlook; however, when I opened Gmail separate, I saw the email. Same with sending email from Gmail linked to Outlook. The composed email did appear in Outlook but didn't show in Sent but I looked in Gmail separate, and it was in the sent box. So, email from Gmail was working just not syncing any folders when using Gmail from Outlook. I would have to check Gmail folders separately to see if the email was sent.

It installs and works, I can see WhatsApp messages, text messages (I use Google Messages) Facebook notifications (but not Facebook Messenger or maybe I just haven't received any?) It also displays all my contacts in the list.

***Wear Mail
UPDATE: IT IS FINALLY INSTALLED AND I DIDNT INSTALL ANY DIFFERENT THAN THE PREVIOUS ATTEMPTS. ADDED GMAIL AND OUTLOOK AND SO FAR NO GOOGLE CREDENTIAL/SYNCING/CONNECTION ISSUES/ERRORS!
*Download app to phone from Google Play Store - use Wear Installer on phone to load to watch. Add mailboxes. I am able to compose a new email and send using the watch with Mail for Wear OS as well as read, reply, forward, archive and delete. This cannot be done with the Outlook app on the watch, it only allows read, reply, archive and delete, no compose.

This is the only app in the bundle that is causing an issue. Credential issue/connection/syncing with Gmail linked to Outlook on laptop and phone. I don't want to unlink Gmail from Outlook as it is my primary email. I only have a Gmail account for the Play Store and use Goggle to log into websites/apps. This app is useful for someone only using Gmail but not for someone linking Gmail to Outlook. I haven't tested it if I added Outlook to Gmail because Gmail is not my primary email client. I don't like how Outlook looks on Gmail. I suspect it is because I link Gmail to Outlook and the two don't want to play with each other LOL!

It installs but I have no videos to test with.

Wear Photos (No Google photos sync but can see all images stored on your phone and watch). There's also an app available that lets you get Google Photos access but not local phone or watch images. So if you have both apps, you can access all your photos.
It installs but doesn't connect to Google Photos. I uninstalled as I opted to use Photos -Wear OS. It's free. LOVE IT - I can see both phone pics and Google Photos! It is in the Play Store on the watch only (screenshot below)

Wear Launcher
LOVE IT! It is the most useful app from the bundle that I use instead of the default launcher.

Wear Documents (should work but haven't tried yet today) It installs but doesn't connect to Google Drive.

Weather, Internet - Installs but I prefer the default apps, WIFI - says my WIFI disabled and it's not
Photos - It installs but I prefer Photos - Wear OS by MKApps (only see the app on Play Store on watch, not on phone)
Calendar - It installs but I prefer PRO WEAR CALENDAR - Thomas Otero (similar to the default; however, it has more functionality and customizable (actually asked the developer to make changes and he did!)

Attachments

• 20220430_143402.jpg
    20220430_143402.jpg
    893.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 20220430_143455.jpg
    20220430_143455.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 170
  • 20220430_143510.jpg
    20220430_143510.jpg
    903.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 20220430_143723.jpg
    20220430_143723.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • 20220430_143750.jpg
    20220430_143750.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • 20220430_143813.jpg
    20220430_143813.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 158
  • 20220430_143832.jpg
    20220430_143832.jpg
    993.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_20220430-143605_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220430-143605_Outlook.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Screenshot_20220430-143614_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220430-143614_Outlook.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot 2022-04-30 222003.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-30 222003.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
fwiw i tried this again and i never got the option for standalone...it wanted me to pay on my phone first

as i mentioned previously the app used to work for me, now it never does, even after a complete reset....
Yes! I looked for free to try and saw no option and was asked to pay for the app. I opted to pay for the bundle, but once I loaded the PHOTOS, DOCUMENTS and LAUNCHER to my watch I was asked to pay again to unlock! I paid $23.23 for the $11.99 bundle. At least most of the apps are useful and working. Still trying to contact APPFOUR and request a refund for the duplicate charges; however, no response after almost 2 weeks.

Reactions: 73sydney

CKavanagh

Apr 8, 2022
I think we can put this to bed. As with any software not designed for the platform you're using it on, bugs are sure to follow depending on your personal setup. Overall, the apps posted do work. Use at your own discretion.

Word on the street is official GA is right around the corner.
Thanks for listening. At least it gave me something to do and excessive testing to be sure of the issue with some input from others. And yes the apps do work for the most part, just not the way I would like, but may be fine for others. Check out the Photo app and Calendar app I mentioned!

Apps that i tested and works fine:

• Subway Surfers (v1.83.1 144): Wear OS closes an activity by swiping from left to right, so i have modified the apk with the instructions on official Android developers guide for this behavior not happen.

• Pou: downloaded last version and works fine without problems.

How did you patch it? I tried patching multiple times and nothing. I'm talking about subway surfers. Cloud you maybe provide the patched APK or make a tutorial/instructions?
Edit: did it, but still a tutorial would be nice. It took me VERY many tries and a lot of time

Last edited:

bartito

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2005
I use Google Clock app in my phone and I have installed also on the clock.
When I add an alarm on the clock, the watch is vibrating at the selected time but screen doesn't turn on automatically and I need to manually turn it on then enter the list of apps, then click on the (Google) Alarms app to display the in-alarm dialog to turn off it. Is normal? Anyone malconfigured on my side? Thanks

Reactions: amunarjoh

Top Liked Posts

New addition to the list fellas! Have a gander:

Big Font (Play Store): This convenient app allows you to change the font size to any size you want. It's available for in phone play store but can be side loaded to your watch and confirms working. Useful if some apps are giving you visibility issues but you don't want to run an ADB command every time. Highly recommend!
    Recommended: puredp1 - Thanks!
    I was able to sideload an older version (~Jan 2020) of Google Drive onto my GW4 that actually works great IME so far without having to change DPI. I suspect newer versions may work as well. The version was "Google Drive 2.19.511.03.30 (arm-v7a) (nodpi) (Android 6.0+)" on ApkMirror. This works great for downloading files onto GW4 a bit more conveniently. Progress of downloads also do show up in Notifications tile as well.
    Google Pay is now "Google Wallet". Therefore now, the Google Pay switch no longer works once you update it. Anyone know the package name of the new Google Wallet app to get the switcher to work again?

Edit: I've solved it now!

On the official thread of the GW4 switcher app, user's have managed to find the app name path that you can manually swap it out, before the creator of the app releases an update. In the target field, type this out:

com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel/com.google.commerce.tapandpay.wear.cardlist.WalletThemedWearCardListActivity

It was a PITA typing this out with my thumb manually on the watch using the Google Keyboard, but I suppose that was better than using the default Samsung Keyboard, it works now!

EDIT 2:

You can ultimately put your installed Messenger app on your GW4 to the test by sending the app package name to yourself and then you can 'copy' the message from GW4. If I only knew... I would have saved myself 3 minutes :p

Source:

Me too. If you figure out a way let me know.
    hey guys I have side load this application to my watch and I can change my font size to any value I wish from my watch.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.bfont&hl=el&gl=US
    Just wanted to ask one thing. The Translate app doesn't output sound of the translation right? Is there any way to enable it?
    hi. which app are you referring to? I use this one and works great

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nordicwise.translator&hl=el&gl=US
    New addition to the list fellas! Have a gander:

Big Font (Play Store): This convenient app allows you to change the font size to any size you want. It's available for in phone play store but can be side loaded to your watch and confirms working. Useful if some apps are giving you visibility issues but you don't want to run an ADB command every time. Highly recommend!
    --->SIDELOAD LIBRARY<---
    CATALOG
    USE LINKS I PROVIDED FOR EACH APP IF THE APP YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ISN'T IN GD APKMIRROR
    Google Assistant GO v2.8 (ApkMirror): It can do all the important functions you look for in a voice assistant such as phone calls, messaging, app launcher, smart home control, reminders, timers, alarms, perform searches, and is as good as it gets when it comes to answering questions. In terms of a workaround, it's really good and much better than the Wear OS Bixby which is essentially useless. This is the best option not just for GW4, but for all Wear OS given the current state it's in.
    OFFICIAL GOOGLE ASSISTANT NOW AVAILABLE FOR GALAXY WATCH 4!

Google GO v1.7 (ApkMirror): Best way to use this is as a portal to quickly perform Google Searches and open links in your default browser. It can display quick search results without having to open any links (Weather, Dictionary, Tracking, Etc). It's essentially a stripped down version of the Google App. Newer versions will open links using a Chromium style browser which will crash on your watch unless you also have the Chrome browser app installed (listed below). Older versions will launch links in your default browser app.

Google Chrome for GW4 (XDA)(Google Drive): This version of Chrome is listed in the XDA Google Assistant for GW4 Mega-Thread. It works well Sideloaded but I'm not sure if it's just an older version or also modded to not crash on GW4. This is my go-to personally.

Messenger Lite v18 (ApkMirror): Fully functional Facebook Messenger. If you use Facebook Messenger regularly, this app is a mandatory must have on watch!

Facebook Messenger (Wear OS) (ApkMirror): This is the official Facebook Messenger Wear OS plugin that comes preloaded on some brands that use Wear OS (Not Samsung). It's extremely lightweight and offers a very nice interface designed for watches when you tap "Open App" from a received Messenger notification. It's a convenience that you can install and then forget... It's difficult to explain but I use this and the Messenger Lite app listed above since this is only a plugin that operates as a system app with limited functionality but it's the best at what it does do.

Facebook Lite v49 (ApkMirror): This version works exceptionally well. No bottom bar blocking screen and includes dark mode. It even has it's native Messenger interface that looks amazing and gives you the option to load Messenger Lite or stay in the app. You don't even need Messenger Lite if you have this app and don't mind a couple extra taps to get there. Includes Marketplace, News Feed, profile editing, and all the other features you care about without the ones you don't.

YouTube Go v1.22.54 (ApkMirror): Finally found a YouTube app that works on GW4! It's 100% functional and looks AMAZING! The version I posted works excellent compared to others I tried. It's almost like it was designed for round screens. Also verified that it has no problem playing videos.

Google News v5.5 (ApkMirror): Compared to what's available on the Play Store, this app has no competition. The display isn't perfect but you'll have no problems accessing all content within the app. Several versions don't work but I posted and included a version of Google News that verified does work.

Google Translator (Google Drive): This is the old Translator app that used to come installed on Google Wear OS watches. It works perfectly. Very hard to find.

Google Home v2.7.21.2 (ApkMirror): After extensive testing with various versions of the APK, I can confirm v2.7 is the best version currently for GW4. I was surprised by just how well this app integrates into GW4. If you use Google Home then this is a must have for your GW4!

Google Files Go v1.0.19 (ApkMirror): Excellent file manager for your watch that includes an app manager, automatic junk removal, and cache cleaning. You will have to lower your DPI to dismiss the initial dialog upon installing the app. Newer versions work too with more features at the expense of performance and visibility.

Wear Mail (Watch) (Phone): This is an older standalone/companion email client designed for Wear OS that's available on the mobile Play Store but not Wear OS Play Store. You'll have to extract the Wear OS apk from the mobile apk using one of the sideloading apps I listed below or download it directly from the Google Drive account I linked for your convenience. It's still the best email app available for GW4 and includes linking to all the major players (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc). It can do all the basic email functions you'd expect for an email app. Honorable Mentions: Wear Messages, Wear Photos, Wear Videos, Wear Calendar, and Wear Wifi

Gallery Go (ApkMirror): Lite version of Google photos for easy offline management and editing of your photos and videos. This does not sync photos between your devices. Only download if you store photos on your watch. Note: Wear Photos works better and is located within the Sideload library!

Spotify MOL (Google Drive): A modded Spotify Lite version. I've tried several modded Spotify apps and this is the best one I've found. It can play anything from your Spotify premium account directly from your watch as a standalone. You don't need your mobile device at all.

GW4 Remap (Download): This app is new to the scene by XDA user BigBoot93 and packs a huge punch that I think ya'll are gonna want. With the release of this app, we can now Remap the Bixby and/or Samsung Pay shortcuts to Google Assistant Go or Google Pay respectively. That's right! How it works is when you long press the hardware button, the app of your choice will override the built in app and launch over it. For the Bixby shortcut, it's highly recommended you change your settings to open the power menu instead of Bixby when long pressed. Then configure the app to launch Google Assistant whenever the Power Menu is shown. It's the best option for overriding Bixby hardware. This should help until Google releases an official version of GA for Wear OS 3.0. Update: Ultimate Alexa was just added to the list of configurable apps.
    Source: GitHub | XDA

Big Font
    (Play Store): This convenient app allows you to change the font size to any size you want. It's available for in phone play store but can be side loaded to your watch and confirms working. Useful if some apps are giving you visibility issues but you don't want to run an ADB command every time. Highly recommend!
    Discord v40.8 (ApkMirror): Works ok. Very clunky but functional if you absolutely need to get on Discord and don't have your phone. Skip this unless you're a Discord junkie.

Instagram Lite v200+ (ApkMirror): Old versions crash. It doesn't look the greatest but it's fully functional. The problem is that the bottom status bar covers 20-25% of the display with blank white space for some absurd reason. Unless you use Instagram often, I recommend skipping.

User Recommendations: Google Voice and Google Hangouts (Have not tried personally so I don't know).
    NOTE: You can lower your font size to optimum viewing by using the following ADB command: adb shell settings put system font_scale 0.80
    ---Can replace 0.80 with any number. Normal size font uses 1.00.

Apps Used For Side Loading
    Bugjaeger (Link): My personal favorite. Good for any ADB related action that you could possibly need for side loading including bundled installation. Do not prefix commands with "adb".
    Easy Fire Tools (Link): Basically the same thing as Bugjaeger with a multitude of other features that could be considered useful or useless depending on the user.
    Wear Installer (Link): Good app for quickly extracting the companion Wear OS apk from the mobile companion APK since several outdated apps aren't included in the Wear OS Play Store. Can save the APK or install directly on your watch. No command input functions however.

ADB Commands
    Change DPI: adb wm density xxx
    Display Current DPI: adb wm density
    Reset DPI: adb wm density reset
    Install App: adb -e install <filename.apk>
    Uninstall App: adb pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package_name>
    Customize Font Size: adb shell settings put system font_scale x.xx
    Example: Using ADB Commands To Sideload
    Tasker Debloat Task: My own self-made Tasker script to automate the ADB commands for uninstalling/disabling any app (including system app). I'm addicted to Tasker. If you don't know what Tasker is or how to use it, I recommend just running the commands manually for uninstalling system apps. Otherwise, use this: TaskerNet Import Task

OLD vs NEW
    The Best place to download various versions of ANY apk is ApkMirror. Some APK versions have multiple variants available. Only armeabi-v7a "Arch" types work on Galaxy Watches. The reason newer versions of apk's developed for mobile phones don't work is because most newer versions use armabi-v8a arch types for compatibility with newer models. However, Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't support v8a. For DPI, use nodpi for best results. Super old versions of an APK have a high likelihood of no longer working with any device due to outdated files, authentication, or security protocols. Test it on your phone first. Just bounce around the hundreds of available versions available for most major apps until you find one that works. Newer versions have more features (which may or may not work), but older versions have a more fluid and visible interface on watches. If you're trying to use an app that uses WebViews or Chrome Custom Tabs, it will crash on watches unless you install the chrome browser app I listed above which gives your watch the ability to use Chrome Custom Tabs.

DISCLAIMER
    I did not create or develop any of the application content within this thread, nor am I in association with any of the developers that did. There is absolutely no monetary compensation for myself regarding anything in this post. My intent was to create a free public library of available content for Galaxy Watch 4 because I knew it would be useful. Everything here has been tested by myself by searching high and low for the best apps I could find and testing each one extensively on my own GW4. I experimented with various versions of each apk to confirm the best compatibility. I'm simply putting together a library of what I confirmed works good enough to sideload. If you know any other apps that aren't included in this list, please share below!
    List of additional APKs that can be Sideloaded to your watch by Appfour developer (Extracted from the phone app version). These apps are wear apps but were removed from the wear side of the play store.

Wear Messages: Syncs to Default sms and Facebook messenger.

Wear Mail: Provides standalone or companion access to Gmail and various other emails. Full email functionality.

Calendar for Wear or Calendar W: 2 of them included. Both can link to Google or Samsung calendar account. I prefer Calendar W.

Wear Photos: Standalone or linked app that can view all the images from your phone.

Wear Video: Standalone or linked that can view all the videos from your phone.

Wear WiFi: Great Standalone Wi-Fi manager. (This app is available on both play stores, no need to sideload).

Those are all the appfour apps that I have installed that WORK. All the other ones don't work so I didn't include them like the YouTube or Document viewer.

I highly recommend the Email if nothing else.

Note: Wear Mail was too big to import at 7mb so I had to zip it first.

Also: I attached the old Facebook messenger addon that wear OS used to have installed. It can't open messenger directly but when you receive a messenger notification on your watch, there's an option to "open app" which will then open a messenger interface that is designed for wear OS with full functionality.
    I had to get an account for XDA because I could not go without thanking everyone here for making my galaxy watch 4 something I am satisfied with. I love the hardware of this watch, but the lack of some applications left some to be desired. I really appreciate you all!
    I have tried to install different versions of GO Assistant with no success. The 1.x versions do not even start (the loading circle remains). The 2.x versions start but then he doesn't "hear" me when I speak (even if from the interface it is listening and I obviously gave permission for the microphone).
    Which version have you installed successfully?
    For me it was 2.8
    "wm density reset" to go back to default value. You're right , it is 340. I did a reset and used " wm density" to display it
    Thanks, this is the key info I had been missing. (I was too scared to try and adjust the resolution from other threads because it wasn't complete enough). I already had BugJ installed on phone from when I sideloaded Go. Process below (I omitted the part where I validated the default was, indeed, 340, before I changed it).

Turn off bluetooth (connections menu)
    Turn on wifi (connections menu)
    Turn on ADB debugging in developer options menu
    Turn on debugging via wifi
    Back out of that menu
    Go back into developer options to get IP address
    Go into BugJ and connect to that IP address
    In BugJ go to the first tab (commands)
    Click on the "+" icon at top
    Add a command that is "wm density 200", name it something like "wm" and save it
    Go back to first tab, scroll to bottom to find command added (wm) and "play" it
    Go to watch and activate Assistant Go, see tiny text, click on blue box, then again on next screen, this will dismiss that junk on the bottom of Assistant Go.
    Go back to BugJ, edit the command to be "wm density 340"
    Play that command
    Go to watch, activate Assistant Go and confirm screen res is normal.
    Exit BugJ
    Turn off Debugging on watch
    Then turn off wifi and turn on bluetooth

Celebrate!