• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

Official MEGA CM12 Theme Engine Thread [1030 Themes] [11/20/15]

Reechings

Jan 22, 2012
Try this, it's free. A little more complicated. If you can't work it out then think of the cost of the other app as a stupid tax... :D
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=oliver.ehrenmueller.dbadmin&hl=en-GB
Hahaha thanks. I do feel stupid because I used this app and deleted the value and it still won't reset for me. Guess I may have to try the paid app. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Never mind, tried it a couple of more times and got it with the app you recommended. Thanks!

Last edited:

rickgillyon

Jun 13, 2006
Whitley Bay
Hahaha thanks. I do feel stupid because I used this app and deleted the value and it still won't reset for me. Guess I may have to try the paid app. Thanks for the help.
EDIT: Never mind, tried it a couple of more times and got it with the app you recommended. Thanks!
Remember once you've done the update you have to Commit (bottom of screen) and I think reboot. I always do anyway. There's no difference between what this and the other app do, it's the same value in the same database.

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
^^^ step for using sqlite debugger to reset your theme

1/ click File to browse to and select the .db database to modify. It is in /data/data/com.android.provider.settings/databases and the file is settings.db. You'll need to grant it supersu access.
2/ select view as list from three dot menu to make it easier to read.
3/ select secure from list (that is the table name)
4/ click on name field. Select themeConfig from pop up list

You should now see on the top.

select * from secure where name='themeConfig'

5/ click Delete? from list of commands on top. That changes the line to

Delete from secure where name='themeConfig'

6/ Click the play button (right pointing triangle) on top right.

7/ click the commit button on bottom right.

8/ reboot.

Last edited:

andrei1015

Sep 19, 2011
Bucharest
I did the above but did not delete the row. I just emptied it and it worked. Didn't want to delete because I was afraid it might break something. But emptying the row's contents works fine.

Flowed from Nexus 5

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
That editor that's used in the video is a paid app right? I've tried a couple of free apps but not having any luck so far accessing the settings storage db. Got an error 14. Feeling too cheap to pay 3 or 4 bucks ?
You can also just use adb and avoid apps altogether.

Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell
# cd /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases
# sqlite3 settings.db
sqlite> update SECURE set value="" WHERE name="themeConfig";
sqlite> .quit

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Are there any dark themes (not black themes, just dark material) that don't have black on black font with Inbox/Gmail?

I much prefer a dark notification drawer, but that black on black or dark font on dark bg setup is pretty awful.

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Are there any dark themes (not black themes, just dark material) that don't have black on black font with Inbox/Gmail?

I much prefer a dark notification drawer, but that black on black or dark font on dark bg setup is pretty awful.
What black on black issues are you experiencing?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk VIP

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
I don't have this, sorry...mine works fine and has bright yellow-white text as subject.
I appreciate your feedback but I wasn't particularly talking about your themes. I was talking about themes that use the dark material color scheme (none of yours do, to my knowledge -- though you do name them as such, which is kinda confusing..). I mean "Dark Material" as per Google's style guide (not to mention their resource names, etc)

In general the themes I've seen linked here that do use the dark material backgrounds/colors have black on black text for various notifications and I was just curious if anybody knew offhand a good theme along those lines that didn't.

Reactions: Pfeffernuss

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
I appreciate your feedback but I wasn't particularly talking about your themes. I was talking about themes that use the dark material color scheme (none of yours do, to my knowledge -- though you do name them as such, which is kinda confusing..). I mean "Dark Material" as per Google's style guide (not to mention their resource names, etc)

In general the themes I've seen linked here that do use the dark material backgrounds/colors have black on black text for various notifications and I was just curious if anybody knew offhand a good theme along those lines that didn't.
Actually, there's a difference between Material Dark and Dark Material, Material Dark is a branch of Google's Material design - and is dark colored. Mine is Dark colored Material, and the material I went after isn't based on Google's Material. It could have been any Material, like actual, physical, material....you know :)

Last edited:

jesssiii

Aug 19, 2010
Southern CA
Actually, there's a difference between Material Dark and Dark Material, Material Dark is a branch of Google's Material design - and is dark colored. Mine is Dark colored Material, and the material I went after isn't based on Google's Material. It could have been any Material, like actual, physical, material....you know :)
Thanks for that explanation! I had wondered why some themes used black and others the dark blue like when there's one of those Slim-ROM type toggles to go dark.

VZW LG G2

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for that explanation! I had wondered why some themes used black and others the dark blue like when there's one of those Slim-ROM type toggles to go dark.

VZW LG G2
Agreed. As necessary as having this thread is, having the OP be a list of ambiguous names that [often] mean nothing unless you actually click the links is kinda frustrating.

Something like having a little swatch for each theme would be ultra helpful for people to get an idea of what the non-obviously-named themes might look like.

Of course it would also be a lot of work ;) and I'm not trying to discount the effort krazie1 has already put into this thread either, just wanted to throw out an idea.