[OFFICIAL][MONTHLY][A12] crDroid v8.4 - Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (daisy)

Search This thread

ardanai

Aug 2, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
do you have any issues with crDroid 8.x ? and what is your favorite feature of android 12 compare to previous rom you used? thx
I have no problem with crDroid 8.4. It is now smoother than 8.2.
I was using HavocOS [A11] for a long time but after the January update, the Instagram reels stopped working, and scrolling through them made Instagram close.
I tested all other A11 Roms and they have this problem, and if I'm not mistaken it should be from how the Rom handles cache but I don't know the real reason behind this problem.
So I moved on to A12, and the only custom Roms that can handle this problem are DerpFest, crDroid, and OctaviOs.
But I couldn't use browsers like chrome and edge in OctaviOs.

Reactions: mymyway

sardighi

Sep 22, 2020
I installed MindTheGapps 12.1.0 0220416 on crDroid 8.4 (dirty update from FlameGApps, only system wiped).
It looks OK, Android Auto works and performances are good (it looks a bit better, no random idles).

Cippo95

Jun 5, 2022
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Hi to everyone, thanks for this rom and your efforts @LinkBoi .
I'm sorry to say that I have some issue:
- I can't change ringtones, sounds etc. settings app crashes or "goes black" and back a page if I try to do so.
- Instagram's reels are really choppy.
I attach a log file that should help with the ringtone problem.
Thank you again for all your work!

PS: Solved the ringtones issue installing Google's sound picker, I don't know how it got uninstalled on his own.
I remove the log file, if you still need it I will re-upload it.

Last edited:

UC666

Nov 11, 2021
according to flashing-instructions it is required to install the older stock firmware V11.0.4.0.
Is this mandatory or does the installation of crDroid also work with the latest stock firmware V11.0.21.0?

DMaglaras

Aug 28, 2015
Athens
On a different custom ROM (DerpFest), I used the latest firmware and it worked. Another gentleman in this thred (daisy) reported the same. It would appear that all advise to use an older FW is unfounded unless specifically explaining what exactly makes the latest, stable and bug-fixed FW not work on this specific ROM.

Reactions: UC666

mbgheban

Feb 26, 2010
Bucharest
Gapps issue!
Hi guys, I have installed last version , clean install from stock 11.0.4. and I have an issue with gapps. I'm installing for Android 12.1.
- installing flame gapps goes to bootloop
- installing mind the gapps or nikgapps goes Ok BUT I cannot connect to internet with any google app.
I can setup the google account on the phone but after that , no internet access trough google apps.
I need to specify that I can connect to internet from the stock browser with no problems (wifi or gsm data)

Any sugestion on how to fix this?
Tks.

piratepirate0

Jun 13, 2022
Hello,
thank you for the ROM, so far I have found only one minor issue (apart from missing sound picker like Cippo95 but I solved that by reflashing flame gapps).
I'm using both SIMs and after clean flash they get assigned blue and green color. If I attempt to rename the SIMs or pick any different color, I always get only black color for both SIMs and can't even go back to default colors without reflashing the rom. If I'm doing something wrong or I can diagnose this further, let me know.

Thanks!

UC666

Nov 11, 2021
Is there a call recorder integrated in the dialer app?

Does the FM radio have a good and stable receiver?

alcasas

May 12, 2020
Android auto opens but google assistant doesn't get the connection done and i can't use android auto... do you have some fix for this?

Hi.
I've problem to flash crDroid on my Mi A2 lite.

I installed TWRP 3.6.2_9 on recovery.
I wiped data, dalvik, internal storage

But I cant flash crDroid 12.1 20220510 v8.4
When I try, I've those red error messages:

Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCod::kInstallDeviceOpenError)
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
To flash additionnal zips, please reboot recovery to switch to the updated slot.
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220510-daisy-v8.4.zip'

I attempted to flash on slot A and B, with sames errors.
Any idea?

Last edited:
Hi.
I've problem to flash crDroid on my Mi A2 lite.

I installed TWRP 3.6.2_9 on recovery.
I wiped data, dalvik, internal storage

But I cant flash crDroid 12.1 20220510 v8.4
When I try, I've those red error messages:

I attempted to flash on slot A and B, with sames errors.
Any idea?
OK, I reflashed TWRP with the unofficial 3.5.2_9-2, and it seems that's all right!

sardighi

Sep 22, 2020
Android auto opens but google assistant doesn't get the connection done and i can't use android auto... do you have some fix for this?
You can try this

Reactions: alcasas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On a different custom ROM (DerpFest), I used the latest firmware and it worked. Another gentleman in this thred (daisy) reported the same. It would appear that all advise to use an older FW is unfounded unless specifically explaining what exactly makes the latest, stable and bug-fixed FW not work on this specific ROM.
    You can try this
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.1/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • Flash stock FW 11.0.4.0 (if you have not done so again)
    • Boot to TWRP via fastboot
    • Format data
    • Flash the ROM zip and the TWRP installer zip
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash Gapps (Optional)
    • Flash Magisk (Optional)
    • Format data
    • Reboot to system

Update installation:
    • Go to Settings -> System -> Updater and check for updates
    • Click "Download" and select "Install" once that is done
    • Install Magisk to other slot from the Magisk app (if you have it)
    • Press "Reboot" to continue

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: Kernel URL
    Device tree: Device Tree
    Vendor tree: Vendor

Download:
    ROM: https://crdroid.net
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/12.1/changelog_daisy.txt

Known issues:
    - Camera flash does not sync with the shutter in some applications which utilize camera functionality. This issue is also present in stock, and looks to be something we cannot, at least at the moment, fix

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Daisy Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    New Android 12.1 build is up!

Changelog:

- Initial Android 12.1 build, with all of CrDroid's source changes
    - Rebased on top of LineageOS sources (Better stability and user experience)
    - Switched most proprietary blobs to daisy instead of CAF
    - Updated proprietary graphics blobs to LA.UM.8.6.2.r1-08600.89xx
    - Dropped camera HALv1 completely since it does not work with 12.1 at all (You now cannot disable Camera2API since the camera will not work if that's done)
    - Dropped some camera testing code to reduce its binary size
    - Added CAF FM Radio with RDS support
    - Kernel changes:
    * Complete source rework and source cleanup
    * Fixed FM Radio speaker output
    * Upstreamed to 4.9.312
    New update is up fixing a bunch of issues reported in the previous build
    Changelog:
    * Resolved some sepolicy issues
    * Fixed dual SIM RIL issues
    * Fixed the goodix cleaning script
    * Fixed the HAL switch once again
    * Fixed hotspot bricking WiFi after it was turned off
    * Notable kernel changes (from before):
    - Upstreamed to 4.9.299
    - Some scheduler changes to improve interactivity
    For everyone who does not know, the new update has been delayed since the source is being worked on for Android 12.1 (12L)
    Great work @LinkBoi your rom is good for daily use it has some bugs I'm sure it'll be fixed in the next updates. Suggestions if you can add radio FM app.
    Already implemented for the next build. Slight issue is that I have to pick in-between allowing FM to output sound over the speaker as well, with the volume stuck at one level, or speaker audio not working at all from the FM app. Any input would be appreciated.