[Official]Moto Z Receiving 7.1.1 Update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

erfanoabdi

Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2015
Tehran
erfanoabdi.github.io
Guys i need /system/lib/libmedia.so
And /system/lib64/libmedia.so from this new 7.1.1 firmware for my custom rom development

Anyone has updated to 7.1.1 can help me? I'll really appreciate it

Use "adb pull" command if you want to help. no need root and unlocked bootloader just a PC

Thanks

marvelboy88

May 7, 2017
Greece
Take a look above, it was already described how to apply the ota. No unlock nessecary.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

I have already tried several times on my dual sim retcn with retus firmware but if you see above several people with me have the same problem as its not possible to install it...if you can help me i will appreciate.....i am already unlocked bootlader without pissibility to relock..

sp4rt4n-i17

Oct 19, 2012
Guys i need /system/lib/libmedia.so
And /system/lib64/libmedia.so from this new 7.1.1 firmware for my custom rom development

Anyone has updated to 7.1.1 can help me? I'll really appreciate it

Use "adb pull" command if you want to help. no need root and unlocked bootloader just a PC

Thanks

here you go

Attachments

• libmedia.zip
    572.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: erfanoabdi

sp4rt4n-i17

Oct 19, 2012
I have already tried several times on my dual sim retcn with retus firmware but if you see above several people with me have the same problem as its not possible to install it...if you can help me i will appreciate.....i am already unlocked bootlader without pissibility to relock..

I can only tell you how I did it, but I'm here with a reteu device and not usin' it primary, so hard reset etc wasn't a problem.

1. (with fastboot) flashed the latest retbr image, which is compatible with reteu, but cannot promise this is working for retcn. (here ; downloaded the file "XT1650-03_GRIFFIN_RETBR_NPL25.86-30_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip")
2. updated to latest available OTA which was 25.86-30-12
3. poweroff-> bootloader-> recovery (stock!)-> update with adb -> done (exact steps and commands are in my other post in this thread)

hope this helps for you too.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I didn't see that this software is from the dual sim version... I installed it on a single sim device... :rolleyes: It worked, but the lockscreen clock looks really strage now. Is that normal??? https://photos.app.goo.gl/xoWPKPlr16zlUJM13 And there is no new launcher, like in the HK version.:(

Single-sim here, lockscreen clock looks the same. Launcher is still Google Now launcher, which one have you expected? (btw I'm using nova, which -imho- is way better)

marvelboy88

May 7, 2017
Greece
I can only tell you how I did it, but I'm here with a reteu device and not usin' it primary, so hard reset etc wasn't a problem.

1. (with fastboot) flashed the latest retbr image, which is compatible with reteu, but cannot promise this is working for retcn. (here ; downloaded the file "XT1650-03_GRIFFIN_RETBR_NPL25.86-30_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip")
2. updated to latest available OTA which was 25.86-30-12
3. poweroff-> bootloader-> recovery (stock!)-> update with adb -> done (exact steps and commands are in my other post in this thread)

hope this helps for you too.

Thanks a lot i will try in 2 days cause now i start my vacation...i will let you know if i will manage it...thanks a lot for the info

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
I am with stock fully unmodified. Flashed it to 2 reteu devices - 1 Single SIM, 1 Dual SIM - via stock recovery and adb sideload like concisely explained some posts above.

Kalle2050

Sep 28, 2014
Don't install this on the european version of the moto z! It will boot at first, but in the second boot, it only boots into recovery mode!!!! I have to send it in now. :crying:

sp4rt4n-i17

Oct 19, 2012
Don't install this on the european version of the moto z! It will boot at first, but in the second boot, it only boots into recovery mode!!!! I have to send it in now. :crying:
Cannot confirm this, booted several times now without problems....but might be different on your dual sim version.
I will try some more reboots/shutdowns.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno

Attachments

• 1500480245463.jpg
    1500480245463.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 249

Maheshwara

Sep 19, 2011
Frankfurt
Made another reboot with my 2 reteu European version devices. Both Single SIM and Dual SIM device reboot into System without any problem.

There is just one question left for me: Can anybody having a reteu device tell me, if device gets 4G connection with this 7.1.1? I havn't had 4G since having installed it. As a new (Chinese) modem version came with it, I suppose that Band 20 support may be lost.

Last edited:

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
THis Update can ONLY be used if you're on : NPLS25.86-30-12 , this OTA wont work if you're on as example NPL25.26.31.3 . (Both are RetEU Versions btw).

Here the Part from the Update Script :

ui_print("Source: motorola/griffin/griffin:7.0/NPLS25.86-30-12/12:user/release-keys");
ui_print("Target: motorola/griffin/griffin:7.1.1/NPL26.118-20/19:user/release-keys");

Only chaning the base as lollyjay said helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: stefanorickeets

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno
THis Update can ONLY be used if you're on : NPLS25.86-30-12 , this OTA wont work if you're on as example NPL25.26.31.3 . (Both are RetEU Versions btw).

Here the Part from the Update Script :

ui_print("Source: motorola/griffin/griffin:7.0/NPLS25.86-30-12/12:user/release-keys");
ui_print("Target: motorola/griffin/griffin:7.1.1/NPL26.118-20/19:user/release-keys");

Only chaning the base as lollyjay said helps.
See my post preceding yours

Reactions: Warm Latte

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
Still hope that they release a Full version of 7.11 for RetEU. But ist's small, because the last Full RetEU was for 6.01.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts