Official Nexus Dock

mazubo

Jun 24, 2011
Any word on these yet? I seem to remember the leaked info stating a release date of the 24th but I still can't find anything... Really want to get one for my desk!
I'm looking for answers too bud!

+1 to this

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

aristoc

Mar 4, 2011
Think about it guys. The alleged pogo pin dock mounts the tablet in landscape orientation.

The stock JB install doesn't allow for a landscape oriented launcher.

Do you really think they'd release the dock with such a limitation in place?

If they ever do release this dock, it will be after (or at least in conjuction with) an OTA allowing for landscape orientation. So don't hold your breath just yet; they're still trying to glue the screens on right!

EDIT: Apparently this isn't quite true. The galaxy nexus has the same portrait lock until docked, upon which it switches to landscape.

John

Last edited:

thevuman

Jan 17, 2009
Think about it guys. The alleged pogo pin dock mounts the tablet in landscape orientation.

If they ever do release this dock, it will be after (or at least in conjuction with) an OTA allowing for landscape orientation. So don't hold your breath just yet; they're still trying to glue the screens on right!

John
Lol @ gluing screens on right

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rican408

Jun 25, 2010

John
Not True sir. The galaxy nexus does not go into landscape UNLESS its in the pogo dock. The same would happen here. Exact same concept.

Reactions: aristoc

aristoc

Mar 4, 2011
Not True sir. The galaxy nexus does not go into landscape UNLESS its in the pogo dock. The same would happen here. Exact same concept.
Oh I see! I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for clarifying! As someone avidly waiting for a pogo dock this is good news.

Ill edit my post when I get home. cheers

John

rican408

Jun 25, 2010
Oh I see! I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for clarifying! As someone avidly waiting for a pogo dock this is good news.

Ill edit my post when I get home. cheers

John
Yes. This knowledge only makes it more frustrating that its not here yet. It can be done... so make it and TAKE MY MONEY DAMMIT!