[OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] AICP 12.1 [cheeseburger]

Search This thread

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T
Hey guys, just wanted to say that a few days ago I tried to flash this rom but it was impossible to do so...
My device is encrypted. I was previously on carbon rom if I remember correctly, so I wiped data, system, and the caches.
Flashed rom, gapps and stable magisk 14.0 but the rom would never boot up.
I was stuck at the boot logo. I tried with or without the firmware 4.5.14 (which was the latest one then), even though I already was on the 4.5.14 firmware.
Any chance anyone knows why the rom wasn't booting up??
(The flash was successful).
How can I flash it?
Thanks for any help!

Since you are encrypted you have to format storage which will wipe everything on your phone and internal storage.
This installs decrypted.

Maria_gr

Dec 20, 2014
You have to format the phone for initial install, after that you can encrypt it in the settings menu if you like.
Hmm, I thought this was a thing in Oreo Roms only, not Nougat.
So, from my understanding I need to decrypt temporarily , flash it and the re encrypt, if I want. Thanks for the info, i was going crazy why it wouldnt boot.
After that, I tried to flash DU11 , but it wouldn't boot either. Unofficial RR booted fine.
Do you happen to know if DU needs format data / decryption for the initial install as well?
Sorry for the off topic, I'm just trying to eliminate any user errors :)

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 7T
Hmm, I thought this was a thing in Oreo Roms only, not Nougat.
So, from my understanding I need to decrypt temporarily , flash it and the re encrypt, if I want. Thanks for the info, i was going crazy why it wouldnt boot.
After that, I tried to flash DU11 , but it wouldn't boot either. Unofficial RR booted fine.
Do you happen to know if DU needs format data / decryption for the initial install as well?
Sorry for the off topic, I'm just trying to eliminate any user errors :)

Oops, I thought this was the Oreo thread. ;)

But I'm pretty sure format still applies since it doesn't install encrypted.

I've never used DU so no idea.

Reactions: Maria_gr

Maria_gr

Dec 20, 2014
Oops, I thought this was the Oreo thread. ;)

But I'm pretty sure format still applies since it doesn't install encrypted.

I've never used DU so no idea.
Thanks a lot for the information, I hope that's the case because I can't think of any other logical explanation to why it would not boot at all.
If any other user has any other idea, please let me know..

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Hmm, I went through the earlier posts of this thread for a bit and it looks like this rom supports encrypted devices since the August 28 build.
So it makes no sense why I would need to temporarily decrypt / format data to be able to boot.
Ugh, I'm running out of ideas , I don't know why this rom doesn't boot on my device..

Edit #2: Looks like rom is actually not encrypted after all.

Last edited:

wartomato

Thanks a lot for the information, I hope that's the case because I can't think of any other logical explanation to why it would not boot at all.
If any other user has any other idea, please let me know..

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Hmm, I went through the earlier posts of this thread for a bit and it looks like this rom supports encrypted devices since the August 28 build.
So it makes no sense why I would need to temporarily decrypt / format data to be able to boot.
Ugh, I'm running out of ideas , I don't know why this rom doesn't boot on my device..

Edit #2: Looks like rom is actually not encrypted after all.

Edit #3: Yes, this ROM is not encrypted at all. Most ROMs force encrypt on install. We are unencrypted and you can encrypt (if you want) after the install...
I am thinking about activating force-encryption, but noone really answered, if this is wanted or not. We were unencrypted as it was easier for us while merging features...

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

IMPORTANT:

I changed the vendor for the device a bit (and of course might have messed some things up) and updated the needed modem to 4.5.15. So please make sure everybody, that you updated your firmware + modem to 4.5.15. I think I linked the firmware a few posts back, if my memory serves we well. :)

Reactions: NaterTots

Maria_gr

Dec 20, 2014
Edit #3: Yes, this ROM is not encrypted at all. Most ROMs force encrypt on install. We are unencrypted and you can encrypt (if you want) after the install...
I am thinking about activating force-encryption, but noone really answered, if this is wanted or not. We were unencrypted as it was easier for us while merging features...
Thank you for clearing that up!
I would really love a build of this rom with force - encryption to try it out, I'm sure it would be awesome!
I do understand that attention is shifted to Oreo ATM, so if this is not possible, I just hope that it will be supported some time in future Oreo builds :)

wartomato

Thank you for clearing that up!
I would really love a build of this rom with force - encryption to try it out, I'm sure it would be awesome!
I do understand that attention is shifted to Oreo ATM, so if this is not possible, I just hope that it will be supported some time in future Oreo builds :)
I'm doing all I can, haha

And yes, we are currently working on Oreo 8.1, which is a new restart for us as Google changed a lot (and our base, LineageOS) just seems to be slow in getting it build.

So, I'll try to implement the force-encryption and we will see what happens, haha.
Thanks for the reply... ;)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using XDA Labs

Maria_gr

Dec 20, 2014
I'm doing all I can, haha

And yes, we are currently working on Oreo 8.1, which is a new restart for us as Google changed a lot (and our base, LineageOS) just seems to be slow in getting it build.

So, I'll try to implement the force-encryption and we will see what happens, haha.
Thanks for the reply... ;)
Wow, thanks a ton for that. As a person who somehow managed to get their phone stolen many times lol, I do appreciate force encryption! I ll be waiting for that and your 8.1 build.
I only recently discovered this rom and I'm excited.
Thank you again!

wartomato

...and the endless story of server-builds failing continued :)

Well, seems due to vendor changes on Mokee the build failed. Fixed it of course.
So I made a local build for everyone wanting to update:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QwNhU1IPRxXoKreWpXveKdGQqT1xvj_T

Especially for @Maria_gr an untested build with force-encryption enabled, if you want to try:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nh1bLVR2pqg0-FvzC72qfCQxwHWm7fX_

Sorry... :)
(And consider it one of the last builds, so please keep it saved somewhere...)

P.S.: Again, if some additional files needed like TWRP, Magisk, Frimware, noverity patch... look here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1kvLJ1I5KWJekpidG1IV3VDbFE

Maria_gr

Dec 20, 2014
Well, seems due to vendor changes on Mokee the build failed. Fixed it of course.
So I made a local build for everyone wanting to update:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QwNhU1IPRxXoKreWpXveKdGQqT1xvj_T

Especially for @Maria_gr an untested build with force-encryption enabled, if you want to try:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nh1bLVR2pqg0-FvzC72qfCQxwHWm7fX_

Sorry... :)
(And consider it one of the last builds, so please keep it saved somewhere...)

P.S.: Again, if some additional files needed like TWRP, Magisk, Frimware, noverity patch... look here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1kvLJ1I5KWJekpidG1IV3VDbFE
jesus, how did i miss that?? never got any notification, :(. thanks a ton for your efforts!!

Reactions: wartomato

wartomato

I know it's a lot to ask, but do you think there might be one last build with the latest January security patches?
Well, I think not.
Lineage currently pushed January patches for 8.1...
We are close to releasing 13.1... at least my nights and days consist of that...

Reactions: Ozonep and a63548

wartomato

Two things... 13.1 is in the cooker, right.

Error 7 means that you have the wrong firmware & modem. You should flash 5.0.1 in TWRP. No worry, it works on Nougat too...

If you want to install you will have to flash Gapps for 8.1 and Magisk 15.2.

The "normal wipe" in TWRP is okay, backup before. The data Media on the internal SD will not be deleted. Just your apps must be reinstalled and you will ofc lose some, call log, etc. You can backup them too and restore later.

All that said: there is a separate thread for 13.1!

We are close to making Oreo stable. It is already stable enough as a daily driver, but lacks features you have on 12.1.

One last thing... No 13.1 does not encrypted but can be encrypted...
Might take a week or so, before we officially announced the end of 12.1 fo the op5...

Attachments

• QuickScreencapture_20180107-210743.png
    QuickScreencapture_20180107-210743.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 141

dakotah2468

Nov 14, 2015
Two things... 13.1 is in the cooker, right.

Error 7 means that you have the wrong firmware & modem. You should flash 5.0.1 in TWRP. No worry, it works on Nougat too...

If you want to install you will have to flash Gapps for 8.1 and Magisk 15.2.

The "normal wipe" in TWRP is okay, backup before. The data Media on the internal SD will not be deleted. Just your apps must be reinstalled and you will ofc lose some, call log, etc. You can backup them too and restore later.

All that said: there is a separate thread for 13.1!

We are close to making Oreo stable. It is already stable enough as a daily driver, but lacks features you have on 12.1.

One last thing... No 13.1 does not encrypted but can be encrypted...
Might take a week or so, before we officially announced the end of 12.1 fo the op5...
Does custom kernels such as flash kernel work on 13.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, the Rom has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.
    With the rebrand of CM to LineageOS (LAOS) we are now actually LAOS based with some tweaks from AOSP.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or LAOS team, if it concerns their code base. This rom isn't LAOS supported, so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough Overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:
    • LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    • maxwen
    • DU team
    • SlimRoms team
    • Resurrection Remix team
    • OmniRom team
    • Community

We would also like to thank GZR as we have based the ROM on their kernel :)

team.png

• @LorD ClockaN
    • @zipsnet
    • @eyosen
    • @semdoc
    • @Drgravy
    • @Hashbang173
    • @SpiritCroc
    • [B @wartomato[/B]
    • @eboye
    • plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 12.1

Download link: http://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/?device=cheeseburger

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: goo.gl/mIgmYG

Google Apps:
    Beans gapps
    Or
    Open GApps (ARM or ARM64 7.1 pico or nano, depending on your phone's architecture)

issues.png

• Telephoto Lens doesn't work
    • You tell... [emoji14]

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Nougat. You don't need to install any Add-Ons, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it, and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.
    It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!
    • Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device
    • Boot to recovery (Official TWRP recommended)
    • Wipe system, Cache, data and ART/Dalvik cache
    • Flash ROM Zipfile
    • Flash/Install GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work)
    • Flash/Install the root solution of choice (optional)
    • Reboot to system

The ROM has GApps persistance in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
    The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update)!

Supported root solutions:

Magisk v14.0
    SuperSU (Use whatever works for you, stable or beta):
    SuperSU - stable and beta available (Site by CCMT that took over the the marketing from chainfire)
    SuperSU - direct download link for the latest SuperSU directly from the dev (chainfire)

Lineage SU-addon (check your needed version: 14.1 arm or arm64) -> the removal zip is available here too.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
    To be able to flash using the buildin OTA app that needs TWRP recovery installed to work.
    You can still use CWM/LAOS recovery and OTA app, but you will need to download the zip file and flash it manually from within your recovery. Zip gets saved in the "AICP_ota" folder on your internal storage.
    Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

Kernel:
    https://github.com/AICP/kernel_oneplus_msm8998

ROM & Additional links:
    Gerrit Code Review
    Github

Contributors
    @DarkExistence
    @csolanol
    @wartomato
    @codeworkxx
    @Amartin
    @jumoog
    @martinusbe

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux x

Version Information
    Version: 7.1.2 (N)

You want to see a normal night at the "DEV office", click here!!

Well its here, the first stable and ready for everyday use AICP 13.0 based on Oreo for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger). Hoping to start nightlies shortly! For now, if you want, test out the build below and provide feedback of course! :D If you would like alert slider to work, download the app 'Notification Slider' from the play store! :)

https://host.llamasweet.tech/?dir=darkexistence/AICP/cheeseburger
    Friends,

As we come closer to the end of AICP Nougat, and are starting the transition to AICP Oreo, we will be removing cheeseburger from nightly builds and will be changing it to weekly builds for N.

Oreo is coming along well for the OnePlus 5, and we are getting a stable build (might be today, tomorrow or next week who knows) before we release them to you!

Dark
    Just letting ye know,

A new oreo build isup and available :) https://host.llamasweet.tech/?dir=darkexistence/AICP/cheeseburger

Changed to the new DirtyUnicorns kernel for now,
    Alert slider now works without an app,
    Camera has gotten some updates,
    Some behind the scenes stuff.

We have found a TWRP which works without needing to format data etc after each flash, and it can be gotten from here! https://androidfilehost.com/?w=file...b88871d89f36fbd28ddb0a10f98696332fbcb4a76332e , thanks @martinusbe ! :)
    I still don't know if users are reading this, but December security was merged. And firmware for 4.5.15 is released... Plus new TWRP version.

ROM update is here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vq4q-ZLNPVqQLWPmHphugOfmeA4h01_m/view?usp=drivesdk

Firmware update and the rest is all in this folder (like before):

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1kvLJ1I5KWJekpidG1IV3VDbFE

Have fun! ;)