[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Mike_Zen

Mar 2, 2021
Yeah those are pretty old. Just download version 22 . Then reboot into recovery and flash it. That will get you synchronized. If you were to just update the manager then it's going to tell you it doesn't work with Majisk versions before 20.4 so just make the jump to version 22 and you'll be good to go.
Yeah pretty outdated. Thank you very much for this. It's really a big help.

Reactions: Max Frost

x2k13

Nov 2, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
the first official LOS 18.1 released !

https://download.lineageos.org/jfltexx

Thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-lineageos-18-1-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-all-variants.4255313/

thanks @npjohnson
Just updated, went smoothly. One thing though: How can I set the app drawer's raster seperately to 4 icons in a row with 5x5 on the home screen. I'm sure I did this on 17.1 but can't seem to find it again. Help 🤭

Edit: Nevermind found out. Screen zoom and font size weren't correct. Works now. 😀

Last edited:

bersem

Jan 19, 2014
Dirty flash from official 17.1:

Wiped Cache, Dalwik ART Chache, System rebooted to TWRP:

1. Flashed LOS 18.1
2. OpenGapps
3. Magisk

Everything works well for now.

Regards !

massinius

Aug 31, 2020
lineage-os-logo.png

Samsung Galaxy S4

Code:
- Your warranty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for all Galaxy S4 variants.

Downloads:
Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party addons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
  • None.

You're also welcome to use my personal builds, but these are experimental, and likely to destroy your data. These builds include GApps, and Pixel-Goodies, among other things -- you'll find no support for these, so don't discuss them here.

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
npjohnson, arco68, side
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable

Created 2020-04-01
Last Updated 2020-04-15
can I install edxposed in this room?
Can someone give me information

johnmaster

Apr 25, 2018
Do you know if is it possible to flash LOS recovery through Odin-3.14.4 or lower?

I'm not very habituated to use ADB commands [emoji28]

Enviado desde mi SM-G9730 mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

I answer myself... it's not possible because Odin needs "recovery.img.tar" to flash correctly.
So waiting to a build that works with TWRP

Old man now I am the one who will get you out of doubt. I have a recovery compatible with all the s4 that is installed by odin, I will leave it in the description, but I will also teach you how to convert the recovery.img that are only installed behind a recovery; for you to install it from Odin. The name of the program is: (Tar tool). Okay

Steps:

1) download Tar tool

2) the recovery that you have TWRP whatever, you will rename it to: recovery.img

3) now the recovery.img already renamed, it will move it into all the program files (tar tool)

4) already moved, it will touch the tar tool file called: imgToTar.MD5 and it will automatically create a recovery.tar ready to be flash by odin.

A copy of the original recovery will also be created called: recovery.back

To get it back to how it was, just rename it (back) to .img, it will look like recovery.img.

Ready I hope it works for you

Attachments

• recovery .tar n img.rar
    20.9 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Gitanitos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can I install edxposed in this room?
    Can someone give me information
    please don't quote the OP, I have no clue, and can't support XPosed due to the fact it changes system behavior.
    Do you know if is it possible to flash LOS recovery through Odin-3.14.4 or lower?

I'm not very habituated to use ADB commands [emoji28]

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

I answer myself... it's not possible because Odin needs "recovery.img.tar" to flash correctly.
    So waiting to a build that works with TWRP

Old man now I am the one who will get you out of doubt. I have a recovery compatible with all the s4 that is installed by odin, I will leave it in the description, but I will also teach you how to convert the recovery.img that are only installed behind a recovery; for you to install it from Odin. The name of the program is: (Tar tool). Okay

Steps:

1) download Tar tool

2) the recovery that you have TWRP whatever, you will rename it to: recovery.img

3) now the recovery.img already renamed, it will move it into all the program files (tar tool)

4) already moved, it will touch the tar tool file called: imgToTar.MD5 and it will automatically create a recovery.tar ready to be flash by odin.

A copy of the original recovery will also be created called: recovery.back

To get it back to how it was, just rename it (back) to .img, it will look like recovery.img.

Ready I hope it works for you
    lineage-os-logo.png

Samsung Galaxy S4

Code:
    - Your warranty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for all Galaxy S4 variants.

Downloads:
    Please follow the install instructions in your device's Wiki page linked below exactly, and make sure your device's firmware matches the required firmware listed.

If you don't follow these instructions, or use 3rd party addons (like Magisk) please don't expect support here.

Known Bugs:
    • None.

You're also welcome to use my personal builds, but these are experimental, and likely to destroy your data. These builds include GApps, and Pixel-Goodies, among other things -- you'll find no support for these, so don't discuss them here.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    npjohnson, arco68, side
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-01
    Last Updated 2020-04-15
    LineageOS servers hacked

No more builds?
    As stated on their twitter-account https://twitter.com/LineageAndroid/status/1256821056100163584, LineageOS-servers were hacked on may 2nd.

Around 8PM PST on May 2nd, 2020 an attacker used a CVE in our saltstack master to gain access to our infrastructure.

We are able to verify that:
    - Signing keys are unaffected.
    - Builds are unaffected.
    - Source code is unaffected.

On https://status.lineageos.org/ you can check wether or when and which part of the infrastructure is back and online.
    Older builds are not affected and downloadable.

So please be patient and stay tuned, until the buildservers are re-set up checked. Safty first ;).
    Today's build won't allow gapps to be flashed due to an issue on the signing server, tomorrows will work fine.
    Nothing I could do to prevent the phone from running slow after installing this los 17.1 and I was cooking vegitables and mutton on my over heated phone. And battery was draining with the speed of Lamborghini...
    And finally the best decision was to install the optimised lineage Pie of team JDC.
    EXCELLENT BATTERY timing even more than stock rom's.

Smooth

Phone runs fast

Under control temperature of device

Best for daily driven

You do realize its bad etiquette to come into a developers thread and advertise someone else's rom , right ? For your information my s4 on this pie rom gets great battery life and runs fast and cool. This developer works hard to provide this rom so show a little respect and advertise somewhere else please.
    ... chances to see LOS18/Android 11 runnung on the S4 ... it is worth to have an refurbished S4 + LOS as a basic, low-price and eco-friendly smartphone also for a couple of years ...

As there's no LineageOS 18 atm, even no announcement for it, it will take for sure at least half a year until there - might be - a version for the galaxy s4. As Google is crippling each new version by implementing new "security" features, I'm not very eager to see a new LineageOS version as I have been in the past.

And as the main development for the device is done by 2 developers you can't demand they will port the new version, because - as you've stated correctly - to get the update running on that old device, many system and kernel tweaks are neccessary. That's quite a lot of work without proper appreciation (instead some user complaining something's not working or taking too long to implement).

But: Even if there won't be a LineageOS version 18 for the Galaxy S4, you'll get at least official updates for about 1,5 years as LineageOS provides regular updates for the current and the version next to last. So, you can expect an official LineageOS-Version as long as there's no official LineageOS 19. And even if the device is not supported anymore, you could continue to build the rom yourself, as the sources are updated even for outdated versions. There are build instructions e.g. for jfltexx which you can find here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/jfltexx/build

So if you try to push it to the limits, you could have an up to date LineageOS 17 for at least 3-4 years from now on. The key point is though: Do you really want to buy such an ancient device for daily use for the next years? I'm quite impressed by the current performance of it, but of course, you regularly recognize, that the galaxy s4 is a very old device now. For me, it's ok, I use it as daily driver and don't have ambitions to change soon, but especially 2 GB ram is almost a bit insufficient nowadays - even for non gaming purposes.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone