• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
lineage-os-logo.png

Moto Z2 Force

Code:
- Your warrenty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Motorola Moto Z2 Force, codename nash.

Join our Moto Z2 Force Development Discord server!

How to Install:
Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Known Bugs:
  • Camera Mods don't work.
  • Official Lineage OS builds will not ever allow Moto's Battery Mod "Efficiency Mode" to work.
  • The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
  • Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor doesn't work -- No support present in the OSS Audio HAL. If it was written in, it wouldn't be used by anything in Lineage, as the normal proximity sensor works fine.

Notes:
  • Official Lineage OS builds for nash ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
    Technical details on our Treble implementation:
    Treble is enabled with VNDK29, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto Z2 Force

Contributors
npjohnson, erfanoabdi, invisiblek
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-01
Last Updated 2020-04-15

Twin.Twiggs

Oct 13, 2018
Hey, I cant find the link of lineaeg 17.1? (Build 0401, yesterday i found!) Just a joke?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200402-142648.jpg
    Screenshot_20200402-142648.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 1,193

Grigori88

Jul 20, 2014
How can I unlock bootloader, install TWRP and LineageOS on my XT1789-04 (AT&T)?

Last edited:

Jelixis

Oct 13, 2013
Caguas
Hi devs!

Trying it out, seems pretty great! Very few bugs (not related to device probably, just LOS17).

Only device bug I've found is the camera focus: it doesn't seem to be focusing properly (or at all).
If you need any logs let me know - eager to help out.

EDIT: That's weird. Somehow after using the camera app and moving the thing around I got it to work again. Although it's sporadic at best - focusing isn't working reliably.
EDIT 2: Found what allows it to work sometimes: open and close the camera app briefly time and time again and it starts working.

Last edited:

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
Has anyone with Reliance Jio tried it? I'm not able to get VoLTE going. Phone info (*#*#4636#*#*) has VoLTE provisioned enabled but greyed out. IMS Service status says not registered for IMS registration, and Not Available for everything else.

I jumped to 17.1 straight from stock, so not sure if it used to work in 16.0. I manually tried adding the ims apn for Jio, but no go...

Shreeram02

Jan 28, 2018
sirsi
Moto Z2 Force
Realme X50 Pro
Hi devs!

Trying it out, seems pretty great! Very few bugs (not related to device probably, just LOS17).

Only device bug I've found is the camera focus: it doesn't seem to be focusing properly (or at all).
If you need any logs let me know - eager to help out.

EDIT: That's weird. Somehow after using the camera app and moving the thing around I got it to work again. Although it's sporadic at best - focusing isn't working reliably.
EDIT 2: Found what allows it to work sometimes: open and close the camera app briefly time and time again and it starts working.
I'm facing same issue

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Has anyone with Reliance Jio tried it? I'm not able to get VoLTE going. Phone info (*#*#4636#*#*) has VoLTE provisioned enabled but greyed out. IMS Service status says not registered for IMS registration, and Not Available for everything else.

I jumped to 17.1 straight from stock, so not sure if it used to work in 16.0. I manually tried adding the ims apn for Jio, but no go...
Again facing the same issue here
Calls don't work with jio and I'm also facing camera focus issues

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
Adding to my quote here, I got incoming calls coming in! Only outgoing is not, the rest of the stuff I've reported remains the same. Also, the phone is able to query the status of Call Waiting and Call Forwarding, so IMS is partially working. This is a pure LTE provider, does not have a fallback.
Again facing the same issue here
Calls don't work with jio and I'm also facing camera focus issues
I haven't tried the camera. But did you upgrade from LOS16, and did Jio work fine there?

Shreeram02

Jan 28, 2018
sirsi
Moto Z2 Force
Realme X50 Pro
Adding to my quote here, I got incoming calls coming in! Only outgoing is not, the rest of the stuff I've reported remains the same. Also, the phone is able to query the status of Call Waiting and Call Forwarding, so IMS is partially working. This is a pure LTE provider, does not have a fallback.

I haven't tried the camera. But did you upgrade from LOS16, and did Jio work fine there?
Yea incoming calls are fine btw normal messages don't work either
Yes in los 16 everything is fine
in los 17(not 17.1)(the September 21 unofficial build) calling is working fine camera has same bugs there too tho
But if u want everything working los16 is the option

bogante

Apr 11, 2012
Obregon
no signal

i dunno what im doing wrong but when i flash LoS 17.1 and reboot the rom start but i have no signal

ldmondini

Mar 12, 2015
Magisk manager

I update LOS 16 to this 17.1 and everything seems to work fine, no real bugs. I've installed latest 7.2 google camera port from Arnova and picture/video/selfies are great. Phone calls no problems and it's a my impression but finally loudspeaker volume is higher than previous lineage versions. Only a question, maybe someone can help me, I've lost magisk root access, is it possible to install it with a temporaney twrp as in LOS 16 or is there any other method please?

[SOLVED] Maybe could be useful for someone. I tried the pie method: I've installed Magisk zip booting (not flashing) TWRP 3.3.1-0 (the 3.3.1-1 doen't boot on my device). Everything is working fine, I don't have any glitch and now my devices is rooted too:D

Last edited:

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
I'm seeing glitches in the home screen/ launcher too. Happens at random, gets psychedelic when unlocking - there are wavy lines (stock LOS17.1 wallpaper) on the image that move. Screenshot does not capture this, but I can take a photo if it helps figure the problem.

Messing with Developer Options (disabling overlay, etc) has not effect. Let me know if I can help troubleshoot...

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @ph03n!x, my nash is broken btw so I can't help too much. :(

Anywho, for the graphical glitches? Please try to go into your LiveDisplay settings and disable any special profile you have selected. I think those profiles are actually broken on nash hence the graphical issues when waking up the device after it sleeps.

Can you do me a favor please? Test my latest build of TWRP for nash. version 3.3.1-1 that contains a bunch of fixes and so far no feedback...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82170641&postcount=590

Last edited:
Reactions: ph03n!x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto Z2 Force

Code:
    - Your warrenty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Motorola Moto Z2 Force, codename nash.

Join our Moto Z2 Force Development Discord server!

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Known Bugs:
    • Camera Mods don't work.
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not ever allow Moto's Battery Mod "Efficiency Mode" to work.
    • The EQ Apps for Audio Mods (eg. JBL2 App) won't work, and will crash.
    • Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor doesn't work -- No support present in the OSS Audio HAL. If it was written in, it wouldn't be used by anything in Lineage, as the normal proximity sensor works fine.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds for nash ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
      Technical details on our Treble implementation:
      Treble is enabled with VNDK29, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto Z2 Force

Contributors
    npjohnson, erfanoabdi, invisiblek
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-01
    Last Updated 2020-04-15
    So, someone was asking if my phone is the RETEU version; I can't seem to find this info in the menu anymore, but I believe it is RETEU (unlocked model bought in EU).

I have just tried the update process again, with the SIM card inside and using the pico OpenGapps.

Upgrade went smoothly, and I have disconnected the phone from the charger ~20m ago... no forced reboot yet. Crossing fingers.

As for the camera focus, I confirm it has issues (with the latest lineage-17.1-20200425 nightly), but no biggie if it's gonna get fixed soon.
    Ah, another interesting thing about the camera was that it was crashing while taking pictures. Fixed by cleaning the cache and storage for the application; however, during re-configuration, I noticed I cannot set the storage on the SD card anymore...)

Later later edit: all good, no unexpected reboots
    I'm using LineageOS 17.1 right from the April 2nd build on my RETIN dual-sim device, and here are my list of issues and some workarounds -
    • Almost all the builds I have flashed will fail to run properly if there is no SIM card during initial setup - right after completing the initial setup they'll reboot to recovery and recommend to wipe data or try again, and will continue this in a loop irrespective of either options you choose. I have only one SIM, the other slot has a MicroSD Card instead. When doing a clean install, after I flash the ROM, reboot to recovery, flash gapps (micro, with almost nothing but core, calendar and digital well-being) and reboot, the phone will invariably reboot to recovery IF I DID NOT HAVE THE SIM IN THE SLOT. Workaround is to simply make sure you do not empty the SIM slot. As this happens right after first boot, I haven't been able to take a logcat out.
    • With Reliance Jio - a pure-LTE operator in India who does not have 2G or 3G fallback and hence uses VoLTE exclusively for voice calls, outgoing calls and SMS do not work. Incoming calls and SMS work just fine. I tried playing with the ims APN, the testing menu's phone information (which shows Voice Service as "In Service", and Voice Network Type as "LTE"), the IMS Service Status shows IMS Registration as "Not Registered", Voice over LTE as "Unavailable". I haven't figured out a fix or workaround for this yet.
    • The Bluetooth device name does not remember what I changed it to - it reverts to a 8 digit hexadecimal number after a little while, no matter what.
    • With the JBL speaker mod connected, the phone will not play the ringtone in either the inbuilt or the JBL mod. It will not play the alarm either. However notifications from apps like Outlook still sound. So if you're having the speaker mod, and have set an alarm - you will miss it (like I did :laugh:)
    • The lock screen has glitches when you reboot the phone - it goes off after the first unlock. Note that I have disabled all of the LiveDisplay features except leaving "Reduce power consumption" unchanged at enabled, so there are no glitches when using the phone.
    • According to this commit, there should be a settings for updating recovery from the April 15th build. Assuming it'd be like previous LineageOS versions, it should be in Development Settings, but it's not there.
    I'm still using LOS 17.1 as my daily driver because this phone is not used for outbound calls, and the rest of the issues are not deal breakers. Here are some aspects why I'm not thinking of back to stock or LOS 16 -
    • Battery Life is amazing. I have Outlook, Teams, WhatsApp, Telegram, WeChat, Amazon Chime, Google Hangouts, Twitter, and 50 other apps - I still get 6+ hours screen time with 22+ hours standby. Not bad for a 2.5 year old phone with a puny battery eh?
    • Call recording has been merged from the 17th Apr build, and works great - though I'd have loved to have a built-in auto-record option ;)
    • If you figure out the issue with the first boot (ensure SIM is in the slot), the phone is very stable. I usually update once in 3 to 5 days, and never faced a hang or reboot
    Note that I have experimented with the phone without any modifications like Root or Xposed while listing the issues. I do use Magisk and EdXposed for my regular stuff though, and they work as expected too.

Huge thanks to @npjohnson @erfanoabdi and @invisiblek for giving us 17.1 build way after Motova has forgotten this device!! Do let me know if you want a tester for anything! Also, Viper4AndroidFX is working (even on the speaker mod) without crashing, like listed in the OP...
    What happened to the nightly? No new construction in a while

:c
    Was looking forward to the 12th April build as it has a long list of changes - but looks like it's not getting built? @npjohnson can you kindly check please?

https://download.lineageos.org/nash ?

It's been there all day....