• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Thanks for the info. It's not in that location, all I have is Settings Version, Wi-Fi Calling, Carrier Video Calling, System Select, CDMA Subscription, and Carrier Settings.

The good news is, it looks like its working as of the 4-17 version I retried last night without needing to change anything. Thanks!

Also on a side note, I noticed there is no superuser download option for this version of LineageOS yet. Is this something that is coming down the line, or is there just a problem with doing this on the OS level?

Magisk 20.4 zip works great for root

omino

Dec 23, 2005
Charlotte
I am currently running LOS 16 on my Moto g7 and works great. I am tempted to upgrade it to LOS 17, bit since this is my daily driver, I have been a bit cautious.
Would you recommend the upgrade at this time, or better wait a bit longer?

Keep up with the awesome work!

JAS_21

Jun 27, 2010
Chicagoland
I am currently running LOS 16 on my Moto g7 and works great. I am tempted to upgrade it to LOS 17, bit since this is my daily driver, I have been a bit cautious.
Would you recommend the upgrade at this time, or better wait a bit longer?

Keep up with the awesome work!
I have not tried LOS, but many of the Android 10 roms work great. If you go to the Telegram Moto G7 group, you can find many more than here. Just open telegram app and search for moto G7. Our device is codename river. Make sure any rom is for river.

farquea

Jan 16, 2011
Has anyone had problems with notifications not working properly? Some of my apps don't notify until opened as if they are in some sort of hibernation mode.

ZinStack

Nov 4, 2016
Moscow
Moto G7
Nice ROM, great work! I have a couple issues and not really sure if they have something to do with the device or the user. Firstly, fastboot -w fails at formatting metadata. Maybe it has something to do with my PC (I'm running Arch Linux with android-tools 29.0.6-1, Windows installations generally use older versions), and if I'm correct, this may become default behavior, which means fastboot erase userdata will be the way to go. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Other thing is no Lineage 17.1 based ROM (Lineage 17.1 included) can get any signal, while Lineage 16 works flawlessly. My carrier is MTS, runs of it's own towers, pretty popular in CIS, I believe it has something to do with T-Mobile, but surely most of it is custom made. Megafon fails in the same way. My device is XT1962-5 and software retru. Surely Android Q has different vendor, but others in this thread don't seem to be bothered by it. Any idea what's going on?

Jair Sandoval

May 16, 2020
Necesito ayuda!

Hola necesito de su ayuda ya que mi telefono quedo bloqueado en el bootloader y no lo puedo flashear todo me marca error.

clintongsan

Jun 5, 2019
Fort Smith, Arkansas, US
Why are there 2 different pages for OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES LINEAGE 17/ROMS, OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES LINEAGE 17?
Which should be followed as most up-to-date for installation of the latest LOS17?
Thanks in advance?

clintongsan

Jun 5, 2019
Fort Smith, Arkansas, US
Installed on Moto g7 (river):

So far the following issues are what I'm working on...

No voice-activation for Google assistant
No autofill service

P.S. MAKE SURE that you follow the posted directions. I simply used copy partitions, wipe (the full wipe where you have to type "yes".
Sideload los17 ROM, sideload TWRP, adb reboot sideload.
Sideload gapps and magisk, if you want root.
Select reboot now/reboot system now.
Lineage always takes a couple tries on my Moto so definitely definitely definitely make the backup of either all partitions or simply the efs and persist, etc, that the developer advises. Hope this helps someone.

Roger O

Sep 15, 2008
Hi Everyone, I recently got a Moto G7 with LineageOs 17.1 installed. I'g like to root the phone, is that a problem at this point?

Thanks!

Roger

remoh999

Jan 12, 2021
I noticed a comment on Rob Braxman's site claiming there are issues running Lineage 17 on the XT1962-1 when Verizon is the carrier.

"We are installing Lineage 16.0 on these phones instead of Lineage 17.1 because of bugs related to Verizon. So if you intend to use Verizon then you need to stick to Lineage 16.0."

Link

Anyone know what "bugs" he's referring to? I was just about to flash 17 onto my device but Verizon is my provider.

Does anyone know why lineageos -river, I use newest nightly,almost always has a problem with USB tether? Mine is so hit or miss its crazy, blue tooth and WiFi are fine, but USB tether has a hard time getting enabled. It knows its plugged in and shows the slider able to move, try and slide it and it won't turn on(also in Dev settings my default USB action is USB tehter so when its going to work I shouldn't need to do anything). It always does this when I really need it, then weirdly when its not important it works fine, a few times I fixed it by phone reboot but that almost never works. I'm not sure why its hit or miss or what I can do to fix the problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

I noticed a comment on Rob Braxman's site claiming there are issues running Lineage 17 on the XT1962-1 when Verizon is the carrier.

"We are installing Lineage 16.0 on these phones instead of Lineage 17.1 because of bugs related to Verizon. So if you intend to use Verizon then you need to stick to Lineage 16.0."

Link

Anyone know what "bugs" he's referring to? I was just about to flash 17 onto my device but Verizon is my provider.

Not for me under regular usage. Works perfect with Verizon. If its referring to WiFi calling or volte there may be a problem but I wouldn't know because in don't use them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto g7

Code:
    - Your warrenty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Motorola Moto g7, codename river.

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Known Bugs:
    • None.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds for river ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
      Technical details on our Treble implementation:
      Treble is enabled with VNDK29, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G7

Contributors
    npjohnson, erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant

Version Information

Created 2020-04-01
    Last Updated 2020-04-15
    Just an imporant FYI - ICYDK Community

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...-android-10-builds-will-probably-launch-soon/

At the time of this writing - there are some signing issues related to LineageOS 10 Roms (including river), so the link provided will take you to only version 16. Rest assured though, the team is working on it. The above link to android police, explained it all for me, hopefully for you as well. A screenshot is included in case the above link with the reference points disappear. Thank you for npjohnson for taking the time to support this. At last the river gets Android 10
    Thanks for the reply. I've researched that, and can't seem to quite find how to make a change in that. The standard procedures for doing anything with Access Point Names did not seem to show up in either Lineage 16.0 or 17.1. I found info on my carrier site (Tello), but have no idea how to change it since it doesn't show up as an option to change in the mobile network settings.

For me the APN settings can be found under...

Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile network -> Advanced -> Access Point Names
    or
    I can also find it by just searching for "access point names"

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

The 4-12 nightly OTA was the first to apply successfully. One other thing I have noticed that does not work since coming from LOS 16 is night light.