Recognized Developer
lineage-os-logo.png

Moto g7

Code:
- Your warrenty is now void.
- You have been warned.
- Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Motorola Moto g7, codename river.

How to Install:
Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Known Bugs:
  • None.

Notes:
  • Official Lineage OS builds for river ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
    Technical details on our Treble implementation:
    Treble is enabled with VNDK29, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G7

Contributors
npjohnson, erfanoabdi
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant

Version Information

Created 2020-04-01
Last Updated 2020-04-15

fronto

Jan 16, 2019
Awesome!

VoLTE working?

Edit 4/3: Like the unofficial releases, still no Wifi calling on Fi. Would be great if we could get that working.

Last edited:

Shadowzerosix

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Just an imporant FYI - ICYDK Community

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...-android-10-builds-will-probably-launch-soon/

At the time of this writing - there are some signing issues related to LineageOS 10 Roms (including river), so the link provided will take you to only version 16. Rest assured though, the team is working on it. The above link to android police, explained it all for me, hopefully for you as well. A screenshot is included in case the above link with the reference points disappear. Thank you for npjohnson for taking the time to support this. At last the river gets Android 10

Attachments

• Captureabc.PNG
    Captureabc.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 554
Reactions: avinashsuresh

AgentICS

Feb 19, 2018
LineageOS 17.1 works wonderfully however the Trebuchet Launcher does not seem to work as it crashes even upon first boot but any other launcher works perfectly.
The FM Radio does not work at all unfortunately, neither on LineageOS 16 nor 17.1, I hope that gets resolved soon.
Other than that, great work!

kaiomatico

Apr 10, 2011
Very great to see this release. I have 2 questions:
- 1. Does this pass safetynet by just installing? I mean I don't want to install Magisk and Magisk hide
- 2. Does it work without any risks with the Februrary 2020 security update? I heard that if you are in that security update and then make a wrong move with formatting a partition there is no way to recover a brick / no blankflash available?

Thank you in advance!

Tanmenso

Dec 2, 2014
OnePlus 8 Pro
Almost full Pixel Experience

No issues so far, running smooth and fast. I feel that this device is running faster than my Stock Pixel 3a XL. Magisk is working, so I'm using it as a daily driver from now on. Thanks a lot :good::cool:

Spaceminer

@npjohnson

This sounds nuts but this actually boots on the Moto G7 Play too. This tells me that 64bit builds can be ported to our device. The only thing that would need to be changed (I think) are touchscreen drivers, and gpio keys. I was able to boot into LOS recovery by changing river to channel in the default prop and flashing it. The screen is split and mostly unreadable but it is recognized by adb. Flashing the dtbo allows the boot logo to display properly with some flickering. Everything after that is still split however.

Given this info; Would you have any interest in trying to build for us too?

Also, would you have any idea how to resize a vendor partition? I think if I flash the vendor.img, it might fix the touchscreen. Right now twrp says it's bigger than my target device. (Which is a load of crap, I have 22gb free.)

AgentICS

Feb 19, 2018
So from what I've experienced so far, calling doesn't work when using Google Fi on T-Mobile and location also doesn't work either on any app. OTAs also fail via the LineageOS Updater and the FM Radio is broken too

farscaper11

Feb 17, 2016
So I and like other people that have been reporting on Reddit, my device powers down a few seconds it boots into Los 17.1 i can't be certain but I think it started powering off and rebooting into TWRP 3.3.1.2. This has been from a clear flash/install.

Formated/erased everything
Followed Los 17.1 instructions to install Os and Gapps, Magisk
Device Boots into L.o.s 17.1 Gapps updates then devices powers down and reboots back in twrp
The device now just reboots after booting into L.o.s 17.1

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
So I and like other people that have been reporting on Reddit, my device powers down a few seconds it boots into Los 17.1 i can't be certain but I think it started powering off and rebooting into TWRP 3.3.1.2. This has been from a clear flash/install.

Formated/erased everything
Followed Los 17.1 instructions to install Os and Gapps, Magisk
Device Boots into L.o.s 17.1 Gapps updates then devices powers down and reboots back in twrp
The device now just reboots after booting into L.o.s 17.1

fastboot -w (formats data, internal SD so back them up before doing this)

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
So from what I've experienced so far, calling doesn't work when using Google Fi on T-Mobile and location also doesn't work either on any app. OTAs also fail via the LineageOS Updater and the FM Radio is broken too

I can also confirm the issues with the FM Radio and the OTA updates failing. Originally I thought it may be due flashing over 16.1, but both issues persist after a complete wipe.

cybersecuritystudy

Jan 10, 2020
Anyone have an idea what to do if LineageOS is preventing any sort of mobile data connection? I'm using a Fi phone that I've flashed the standard retail update on before to get the Android Update to Feb 1. I'm using A Sprint MNO called Tello that works fine on Stock, any ideas?

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
Anyone have an idea what to do if LineageOS is preventing any sort of mobile data connection? I'm using a Fi phone that I've flashed the standard retail update on before to get the Android Update to Feb 1. I'm using A Sprint MNO called Tello that works fine on Stock, any ideas?

Did you check for the correct apn settings?

cybersecuritystudy

Jan 10, 2020
Did you check for the correct apn settings?

Thanks for the reply. I've researched that, and can't seem to quite find how to make a change in that. The standard procedures for doing anything with Access Point Names did not seem to show up in either Lineage 16.0 or 17.1. I found info on my carrier site (Tello), but have no idea how to change it since it doesn't show up as an option to change in the mobile network settings.

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I've researched that, and can't seem to quite find how to make a change in that. The standard procedures for doing anything with Access Point Names did not seem to show up in either Lineage 16.0 or 17.1. I found info on my carrier site (Tello), but have no idea how to change it since it doesn't show up as an option to change in the mobile network settings.

For me the APN settings can be found under...

Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile network -> Advanced -> Access Point Names
or
I can also find it by just searching for "access point names"

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

The 4-12 nightly OTA was the first to apply successfully. One other thing I have noticed that does not work since coming from LOS 16 is night light.

Reactions: cybersecuritystudy

cybersecuritystudy

Jan 10, 2020

Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile network -> Advanced -> Access Point Names
or

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

The 4-12 nightly OTA was the first to apply successfully. One other thing I have noticed that does not work since coming from LOS 16 is night light.

Thanks for the info. It's not in that location, all I have is Settings Version, Wi-Fi Calling, Carrier Video Calling, System Select, CDMA Subscription, and Carrier Settings.

The good news is, it looks like its working as of the 4-17 version I retried last night without needing to change anything. Thanks!

Also on a side note, I noticed there is no superuser download option for this version of LineageOS yet. Is this something that is coming down the line, or is there just a problem with doing this on the OS level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage-os-logo.png

Moto g7

Code:
    - Your warrenty is now void.
    - You have been warned.
    - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Motorola Moto g7, codename river.

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Known Bugs:
    • None.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds for river ship with full Project Treble compatibility! Flash GSI's to your heart's content after flashing Lineage. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.
      Technical details on our Treble implementation:
      Treble is enabled with VNDK29, and VNDK runtime enforcement. VNDK runtime enforcement means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run GSIs. without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem to /vendor (as /oem isn't wasn't used in custom ROMs anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G7

Contributors
    npjohnson, erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant

Version Information

Created 2020-04-01
    Last Updated 2020-04-15
    Just an imporant FYI - ICYDK Community

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...-android-10-builds-will-probably-launch-soon/

At the time of this writing - there are some signing issues related to LineageOS 10 Roms (including river), so the link provided will take you to only version 16. Rest assured though, the team is working on it. The above link to android police, explained it all for me, hopefully for you as well. A screenshot is included in case the above link with the reference points disappear. Thank you for npjohnson for taking the time to support this. At last the river gets Android 10

or