[OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

linckandrea

• Nov 9, 2013
    Roma
    Moto X 2014
    Sony Xperia Z5
    Just installed los 17.1 after using 16 for a while. I don't like messy upgrades, so I wiped the phone and flashed LOS, GApps and Magisk all in one go. No error messages, so I was happy, until it booted and Magisk Manager told me Magisk wasn't installed - strange. So I booted into TWRP, flashed the magisk zip again, looked at the screen, no error messages, so good to go, right - wrong! Still no Magisk after rebooting. Tried a couple more times, wiping caches and such, but no difference. There are no errors being thrown, but for some strange reason it won't flash the Magisk module.

Has anyone else run into this? Any help would be appreciated.

Flash the latest magisk canary build

Vitnim

Feb 28, 2019
    Clean install of current 17.1 nightly and I have no audio from the earpiece during calls (radio or internet calls). Speakerphone, bluetooth audio works. Everything else seems to be functioning perfectly. Any ideas of where to begin looking for the issue?
    Thanks

juanchotazo99

May 9, 2013
    Wanted to say that Magisk 21 now works out of the box for official LOS, no need to do anything to get it working. Just flash in recovery like any other phone and install your modules.

Safetynet passes out of the box too, no issues.

Unisys

Oct 23, 2014
    Any plans for LOS 18 on this device?

I have the possibility to purchase this device. I would do so because I have seen how smooth LOS 17.1 works on the Victara. Any chance of bringing android 11 on this device? Thanks in advance.:good::fingers-crossed:

mife2032

Dec 3, 2020
    Thanks for the ROM it's working like a charm. However I noticed the device performance slider located under battery and performance settings is missing, it was there in LOS 16. Any way to bring it back?

leo_97

Jan 6, 2017
    Lenovo P2
    Guys, anyone here had problems encrypting the phone? I installed this ROM, used for some days and then tried encrypting. Now the phone (when in TWRP) doesn't accept the password and got a bootloop.
    Any links or recommendations?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've managed booting the phone again reflashing the stock ROM

Last edited:

juanchotazo99

May 9, 2013
    Guys, anyone here had problems encrypting the phone? I installed this ROM, used for some days and then tried encrypting. Now the phone (when in TWRP) doesn't accept the password and got a bootloop.
    Any links or recommendations?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've managed booting the phone again reflashing the stock ROM

I've found that after encrypting, when it gets stuck in the loading animation after entering your pin/pattern it helps to completely turn off the phone (use hardware keys to reboot to fastboot, then turn off), then turn it on, and wait a little before entering your credentials again. It'll eventually boot.

Want to recover your data through TWRP if you can't get it to boot? As you've found, TWRP can't decrypt, latest version (3.5.0_9-0) included. Doing it through adb and manually entering your password or pattern equivalent password doesn't work either.

This is annoying, so I just formatted /data and I'm not using encryption. I'm using lineage-17.1-20210124-nightly-victara-signed.zip, clean flashed.

Despite all this, it's an improvement. Back in the 14.1/16 days you couldn't encrypt, or encrypting resulted in a permanent bootloop. At least it sometimes works now.

Reactions: leo_97

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • Victara get Lineage 18 ?
    Any plans for LOS 18 on this device?

I have the possibility to purchase this device. I would do so because I have seen how smooth LOS 17.1 works on the Victara. Any chance of bringing android 11 on this device? Thanks in advance.:good::fingers-crossed:

I have every one of my other QCOM devices running LineageOS 18.1 at the moment, so it's a shame to see victara stuck on 17.1. I did the bringup work here:

It doesn't boot currently, it loops and hard hangs then reboots.

If anyone has any ideas, or can get it at least not to hard-hang, I can take another look but I just have no idea why it's crashing right now.

Reactions: leo_97

douglasmarx

Jan 12, 2016
    Low quality of recorded videos (LOS 17.1 21/02/2021)

I'm having some problems recording videos. When record with WhatsApp (e.g), I can't send it, because a message ask me to choose another video. When record with the stock camera, or Gcam, or Cameringo+... the quality of the recorded video is very low, an the options to change between resolutions inside the apps are very limited, when they show some options...

I've tried Open Camera and Moto Camera (ported, xda...), but still recording in very low quality. The video informations says that's recorded in .3gp format and 0.1 MP, don't matters what camera app I'm using... Probably something with the rom video codecs, I guess...

Have some kind of camera app or another way to solve this problem? Thanks.

Last edited:

npjohnson

Recognized Developer
  • I have every one of my other QCOM devices running LineageOS 18.1 at the moment, so it's a shame to see victara stuck on 17.1. I did the bringup work here:

If anyone has any ideas, or can get it at least not to hard-hang, I can take another look but I just have no idea why it's crashing right now.
    I fixed it - will be adding it to 18.1 roster soon :)
    Hi

Thanks for the great rom ! anyone having echo in VOIP apps like signal ?

thanks
    We are aware, and testing potential fixes.
    Front Camera and video recording not working on this build 20210214,help please 😄 Brazil 🇧🇷
    Will be fixed in next build - sorry about that!

douglasmarx

Jan 12, 2016
    uh, no, what problem is in 17.1 camera wise?
    I've post above... "Low quality of recorded videos (LOS 17.1 21/02/2021)"... #72

(...) When record with WhatsApp (e.g), I can't send it, because a message ask me to choose another video. When record with the stock camera, or Gcam... the quality of the recorded video is very low, an the options to change between resolutions inside the apps are very limited, when they show some options...

I've tried Open Camera and Moto Camera (ported, xda...), but still recording in very low quality. The video information says that's recorded in .3gp format and 0.1 MP, don't matters what camera app I'm using... Probably something with the rom video codecs, I guess...

Another problem is the Snap camera crash when try to change to front camera... same as related before by '*_Axl__Rose_*' in #71, i believe...

Thanks again and I'm here if you need any additional information.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      lineage-os-logo.png

Moto X 2014

Code:
      - Your warranty is now void.
      - You have been warned.
      - Use at your own risk.

Introduction:
      This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Motorola Moto X 2014, codename victara.

How to Install:
      Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Known Bugs:
      • None.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
      [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto X 2014

Contributors
      npjohnson, jeferson1979, linckandrea, tortel
      Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Newest firmware available for your variant/locality
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-05-15
      Last Updated 2020-05-15
      I have every one of my other QCOM devices running LineageOS 18.1 at the moment, so it's a shame to see victara stuck on 17.1. I did the bringup work here:

I fixed it - will be adding it to 18.1 roster soon :)
      Hi

Thanks for the great rom ! anyone having echo in VOIP apps like signal ?

thanks
      We are aware, and testing potential fixes.
      Front Camera and video recording not working on this build 20210214,help please 😄 Brazil 🇧🇷
      Will be fixed in next build - sorry about that!
      Official nightlies available :highfive:
      Answer to all points: you need to be full ext4 at your filesystem for lineage-17.1. As well dirty flash Android version to another never delivered good results.
      Just to confirm, we can't root our devices running this version of LOS, right?
      Soon it will be available a fix for magisk, it's in test yet, if you want to try, I've build one version with the fix. You can install at recovery, and after boot install the manager. It will ask you extra setup and reboot. Available here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/victara-universe/files/Android10/Lineage-17-1/Magisk/
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone