[OFFICIAL][NITROGEN] TWRP 3.2.X for Xiaomi Mi Max 3

Search This thread

totalz

Jan 28, 2011
One decrypts your data (wiping your internal storage in the process too) the other is a simple wipe of data, cache and dalvik cache. You're in a bootloop. You need to get can to recovery by holding volume up and power. Start over.

I think the problem is due to the issue that Miui Recovery rom (cn8.8.9, fw-less10.0.1.0) cannot boot with decrypted internal storage!? I can boot into 8.8.9 once I did a factory reset and boot process did a encryption!! Unfortunately, fw-less10.0.1.0 does not re-encrypt after factory reset and boot back into twrp at the end.

I did a manual install of Disables dm-verity and forced encryption and Magisk v17.1, still boot-loop...

Which non-ABR rom should I try?

Last edited:

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
I think the problem is due to the issue that Miui Recovery rom (cn8.8.9, fw-less10.0.1.0) cannot boot with decrypted internal storage!? I can boot into 8.8.9 once I did a factory reset and boot process did a encryption!! Unfortunately, fw-less10.0.1.0 does not re-encrypt after factory reset and boot back into twrp at the end.

I did a manual install of Disables dm-verity and forced encryption and Magisk v17.1, still boot-loop...

Which non-ABR rom should I try?
8.8.9 eu.

jaflendrino

Oct 9, 2006
how can i root in rom global 10.0.1?
When i load twrp in bootloader i cant do it. there is a problem with anti rollback

silentext

Nov 3, 2016
how exactly should i flash twrp in mi max3. Whenever i try, it stucks in mi logo. I tried all the available recoveries and even after that i formatted data, at that point it just stucks at mi logo. So, at that stage i should flash fastboot rom and than it boots normally. Mine is not official global version of the pjone and I m now in official global stayble versiin mi max 3 and just want to install twrp, nothing else. Dobt want to root. Can anyone help please?

Winterdune1

Mar 29, 2016
Hi all,
Is there a Pie compatible TWRP for the Mi Max 3?
I'm on the eu stable rom 10 and would like to try the new weekly one based on Pie but I know that you need a Pie compatible TWRP or you can not boot back in to TWRP.
Thanks,
Sean

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hi guys,

It seems I did something wrong...

Just got the Xiaomi mi Max 3 "Global Version".
Bought from the official Europe/French store.

As soon as I got it, I unlocked it.
It was a successful process on try #1.

I then rebooted into Fastboot and did a "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img".
I rebooted into recovery immediatly.
Within TWRP I took the option of "Erase data" and typed "yes".

Once that was done, I rebooted directly into TWRP.

I then transfered Magisk 17.3 to device and installed that one.

But now phone doesn't reboot :(
It's stuck at "mi" logo with "Powered by Android" since several minutes :(

What did I do wrong ?

I can of course flash xiaomi.eu... What version should I flash if I want to stay away from antirollback ?
I think I had miui 9.0.6 version of Global ROM.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards.

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
Hi guys,

It seems I did something wrong...

Just got the Xiaomi mi Max 3 "Global Version".
Bought from the official Europe/French store.

As soon as I got it, I unlocked it.
It was a successful process on try #1.

I then rebooted into Fastboot and did a "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img".
I rebooted into recovery immediatly.
Within TWRP I took the option of "Erase data" and typed "yes".

Once that was done, I rebooted directly into TWRP.

I then transfered Magisk 17.3 to device and installed that one.

But now phone doesn't reboot :(
It's stuck at "mi" logo with "Powered by Android" since several minutes :(

What did I do wrong ?

I can of course flash xiaomi.eu... What version should I flash if I want to stay away from antirollback ?
I think I had miui 9.0.6 version of Global ROM.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards.
Flash 8.8.9 xiaomi.eu in my buggy vendor thread. Links are there.

Global version does not boot with twrp. I advise staying with eu roms if you want twrp and root.

Reactions: NexusPenguin

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11

I assume it's the latest non ARB ROM ?
I've installed an earlier one (one of the first released by Xiaomi.eu that supports the mi max 3.
And it booted, even with TWRP :)
So many many thanks for pointing out that Global ROM won't boot with Magisk...

Will now play with the device a little :)

Any hope Xiaomi will release all needed stuff to get custom ROM's ?

Regards.

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
I assume it's the latest non ARB ROM ?
I've installed an earlier one (one of the first released by Xiaomi.eu that supports the mi max 3.
And it booted, even with TWRP :)
So many many thanks for pointing out that Global ROM won't boot with Magisk...

Will now play with the device a little :)

Any hope Xiaomi will release all needed stuff to get custom ROM's ?

Regards.
Nothing yet, but you can try treble roms if you want a 90% functional android stock OS.

Reactions: NexusPenguin

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11
Nothing yet, but you can try treble roms if you want a 90% functional android stock OS.

Hi,
Yes, I've seen those... But I've also seen what's the 10% not working are :)
And amongst those 10% there is a bug with incoming BT calls.
Unfortunately, this is a feature I need as I spend a lot of time in my car and often receive (or make) phone calls.
And phone has then to be hooked up to car audio with Bluetooth so I can do it handsfree to ensure safer driving !

Another annoying thing : no Auto brightness. I can live with that, but I guess it may suck the battery dry in 2 hours if brightness is set too high.

Anyways : I am now with the mi Max 3 and the Honor Note 10 and have yet to decide which one to keep.

Regards.

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
Hi,
Yes, I've seen those... But I've also seen what's the 10% not working are :)
And amongst those 10% there is a bug with incoming BT calls.
Unfortunately, this is a feature I need as I spend a lot of time in my car and often receive (or make) phone calls.
And phone has then to be hooked up to car audio with Bluetooth so I can do it handsfree to ensure safer driving !

Another annoying thing : no Auto brightness. I can live with that, but I guess it may suck the battery dry in 2 hours if brightness is set too high.

Anyways : I am now with the mi Max 3 and the Honor Note 10 and have yet to decide which one to keep.

Regards.
Then, you haven't read it properly. Bluetooth is fixed and so is auto brightness. Main things not working are stereo speaker (only mono) and volte.

If you want my best advice and you don't mind Huawei, sell both and buy the Huawei Mate 20X (L29 global) from Wonda Mobile. Best phone out right now. If the Honor Note 10 is BMW, Mate 20X is Porsche.

NexusPenguin

Sep 21, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11
Then, you haven't read it properly. Bluetooth is fixed and so is auto brightness. Main things not working are stereo speaker (only mono) and volte.

If you want my best advice and you don't mind Huawei, sell both and buy the Huawei Mate 20X (L29 global) from Wonda Mobile. Best phone out right now. If the Honor Note 10 is BMW, Mate 20X is Porsche.

Hi,
I don't like neither BMW nor Porsche :(
But I'd go for a Maserati :)

Are the GSI all more or less working ? Like Havoc Oreo ? Or DOT-os Oreo ?

Anyways, one thing is going to help make the decision it seems : one of my GPS apps refuses to launch on mi Max " when it works flawlessly on the Honor Note 10.

Will try to see what I can do, but if that app refuses to launch, then that is the mi Max 3 returned to seller :(

I'll regret it :(

Regards.

Last edited:

frulex

Apr 13, 2008
Zagreb
Global version does not boot with twrp. I advise staying with eu roms if you want twrp and root.
What do you mean that the Global version doesn't boot with TWRP? I have Global version, installed TWRP and flashed Magisk with no problem, and have root, Adaway, GCam etc.

Sent from my Mi Max 3 using Tapatalk

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
What do you mean that the Global version doesn't boot with TWRP? I have Global version, installed TWRP and flashed Magisk with no problem, and have root, Adaway, GCam etc.
Could you be more specific? What version of global, what version of twrp, and what were your steps? It will be most helpful, thank you. Many users have reported problems where global 10.0.1.0 and TWRP were not playing well. Yes, they flash twrp and boot into it just fine, but could not boot further upon trying to reboot to system (stuck in Mi Android boot loop).

Last edited:

frulex

Apr 13, 2008
Zagreb
Could you be more specific? What version of global, what version of twrp, and what were your steps? It will be most helpful, thank you. Many users have reported problems where global 10.0.1.0 and TWRP were not playing well. Yes, they flash twrp and boot into it just fine, but could not boot further upon trying to reboot to system (stuck in Mi Android boot loop).

OK, I had Global version with Global 10.0.1.0 ROM. I unlocked BL after 30 days, installed TWRP 3.2.3 from this forum and then flashed Magisk v.17. to obtain root access. On the other hand, as I later never had the need to boot to TWRP again, it is also possible that the custom TWRP really was overwritten, I can check out later can I actually boot into TWRP from system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project​

WHAT IS TWRP?

Oh come on, you know what it is - don't try to fool me!
    In case you're serious, though...

Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Read more about TWRP here: https://twrp.me/about/

DOWNLOAD:
    1) Install the TWRP app from the Play Store or grab the apk from our website
    2) Open the app, agree to the terms, and enable root access
    3) Select TWRP Flash
    4) Search for your device and select the version you wish to download
    5) Once the download is complete, select the file (it's usually in your downloads folder) and then Flash Recovery
    OR:
    1) Download the latest version from our website on your device
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Images..." button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website.

FEATURES:
    • MTP support
    • USB OTG storage support
    • Hardware Qualcomm-based full-disk encryption support ( ext4 & f2fs )
    • f2fs file system support (read, write, format, backup & restore)
    • Covers more partitions for nandroid backup (fstab)
    • ADB root
    • Full SELinux support
    • Built with android 7.1 tree

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link

CONTRIBUTIONS:
    Gerrit for TWRP: http://gerrit.omnirom.org/
    Gerrit for officially supported devices: http://gerrit.twrp.me/

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL][NITROGEN] TWRP 3.2.X for Xiaomi Mi Max 3, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Mi Max 3

Contributors
    ROMFACTORY, yshalsager
    Source Code: https://github.com/TeamWin

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-08-06

Created 2018-08-06
    Last Updated 2018-08-06
    Downloads will be available in few hours on the official TWRP website.
    reserved another