Official Nokia 8 Bootloader Unlock Method from HMD Global

Search This thread

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
So i followed the unlock instructions on my laptop and was able to unlock the bootloader.

Dont ask me about the root process as it got ugly but needless to say i now have magisk installed.

Where do i find the Pie image?

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
Will we ever get custom roms like OxygenOS on the Nokia 8 phone? My warrantee is approaching its end so I am considering rooting and installing a custom rom, if a compatible exists.

arceuss

Does nokia 8 support any custom roms mainly resurrection remix........?
Will we ever get custom roms like OxygenOS on the Nokia 8 phone? My warrantee is approaching its end so I am considering rooting and installing a custom rom, if a compatible exists.

It would be possible if any of us, stop asking and try to build/port roms ourselves.
As far as oxygen os is concerned, it should be pretty easier to port as they have released the sources and there are lot of other devices which have posted oxygen os

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
It would be possible if any of us, stop asking and try to build/port roms ourselves.
As far as oxygen os is concerned, it should be pretty easier to port as they have released the sources and there are lot of other devices which have posted oxygen os

Trust me I would do it myself if I had the skill or knowledge of how to do it. Unfortunately I am just a clueless user of android right now.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Trust me I would do it myself if I had the skill or knowledge of how to do it. Unfortunately I am just a clueless user of android right now.

arceuss

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

True but no one is born with skills. Maybe we could start learning:good:

S5Guy

Oct 25, 2016
I don't think this method works any longer unless you have an old enough version of Android still installed on your Nokia 8. It didn't work at all for me. Just get an "Error messages: Device not support." message whenever I try to use their apk. I have a TA-1004 with Android Pie.

PAXILE

Sep 17, 2016
Unofficial bootloader unlock Nokia 8

Nokia locked the bootloader unlock method again. I was wondering if someone can make an unofficial method to unlock the bootloader please!. Need to fix my phone by downgrading first.

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
Nokia locked the bootloader unlock method again. I was wondering if someone can make an unofficial method to unlock the bootloader please!. Need to fix my phone by downgrading first.
Why would they even do that? It doesnt even make any sense. I was planning to unlock the bootloader over the weekend

Last edited:

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
Are you sure? I did this last month. Only issue was I couldn't do it using my phone. The website just didn't work.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MDV106

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
Im gonna try this next week. Did you do any backup before unlocking? If so, how?
Unlocking bootloader deliberately wipes your phone for security purposes. I used the standard android backup from settings. And then used an app called SMS Backup & Restore to backup my text messages and call log. Various other apps have their own backup and restore, eg WhatsApp.

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
Unlocking bootloader deliberately wipes your phone for security purposes. I used the standard android backup from settings. And then used an app called SMS Backup & Restore to backup my text messages and call log. Various other apps have their own backup and restore, eg WhatsApp.
Thanks for this. Are you planning to root your phone now that you have unlocked the bootloader? If you have already please let me know which one of the known methods worked for you.

drwharris

Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for this. Are you planning to root your phone now that you have unlocked the bootloader? If you have already please let me know which one of the known methods worked for you.
So I rooted Oreo using magisk. But then I got OTA Pie which overwrote and I haven't had a chance to look into rooting Pie yet.

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
Okay, i just tried using the phone unlock app but it keeps saying "loading" forever after i press the confirm button. Anyone know how i can avoid this?

Tried it again now it says device not supported :(

Last edited:

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
I complained about the error above to nokia via email and they requested my phone details, imei number and patch version. Aftet i gave them the details they closed the complainy and told me the bootloader unlock is only for developers.....even though they have no proof that im not one. Assholes!

webvan

May 20, 2008
Has anyone found a way of replacing the hideous "unsecured device" logo when you boot up after unlocking the bootloader ? Thanks !

meero

Sep 19, 2010
Lahore
I've mine Nokia 8 Model TA-1004, after installing .apk from HMD website, its gives me an error that "Device not Supported".
Running latest Ando Pie 9 with 1 May 2019 Security Patch
what to do now?

Top Liked Posts