• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Official Oreo is out for Zenfone 3. Hope the Deluxe variants are next...

Search This thread

xphyle1971

Apr 25, 2012
Asus started pushing official Oreo to the Zenfone 3 a day or 2 ago. I have the 3 Deluxe (ZS550KL) and it doesn't look like any of the Deluxe variants have it yet. Hope it's coming soon.

asianflipboy

Jan 7, 2013
Asus started pushing official Oreo to the Zenfone 3 a day or 2 ago. I have the 3 Deluxe (ZS550KL) and it doesn't look like any of the Deluxe variants have it yet. Hope it's coming soon.

Yep. ZS570KL owner checking in. Been checking incessantly because I really wanted to get my hands on Oreo and ZenUI 4.0! Saw the news that Zenfone 3 had gotten the update, checked the update page on the Asus website to find there was only a minor update waiting for me, released a little bit before Zenfone 3 owners got Oreo. :(

https://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum....=942&typeid=942&filter=typeid&mobile=2&page=1

If their update history is anything to go by, the ZE55(0/2)KL models have been updated rather frequently, whereas the deluxe models have received updates a little bit more spaced out. At best, I see the update for the ZS550KL coming in within 2 weeks, and the ZS570KL coming in within two weeks after that. Hopefully the wait isn't too long!

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
A bit disappointed with the updates for this phone...
Was good for a few months then nothing...
This was supposed to be their flagship device, other models come out and it is forgotten.
If they didn't wish to actually support it then they should've released the unlock app sooner and then we may have had a little love from developers...
Got an update the other day, they were supposed to be developing Oreo for this device and releasing it soon, update comes through and it's still Nougat...
Learnt my lesson well, Had both the Zenfone 2 deluxe and now the 3 deluxe. It seems that as soon as the new gen phone comes out the older model is dropped like a hot potato...
Won't be buying another...

Reactions: Ryder.

gix_d

Mar 2, 2018
Asus its terrible updating this gadgets. I have the Z01FD (3 De Luxe) and it never goes far from Nougat 7.0 . I'll never buy and Asus phone again
im agree with you. NEVER BUY ASUS PHONE AGAIN.
many time my zenfone 3 deluxe got problem at camera (black spot) and their officer service center tell blue tint is normaly camera to shot the ligth, its rigth?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A bit disappointed with the updates for this phone...
    Was good for a few months then nothing...
    This was supposed to be their flagship device, other models come out and it is forgotten.
    If they didn't wish to actually support it then they should've released the unlock app sooner and then we may have had a little love from developers...
    Got an update the other day, they were supposed to be developing Oreo for this device and releasing it soon, update comes through and it's still Nougat...
    Learnt my lesson well, Had both the Zenfone 2 deluxe and now the 3 deluxe. It seems that as soon as the new gen phone comes out the older model is dropped like a hot potato...
    Won't be buying another...
    Asus its terrible updating this gadgets. I have the Z01FD (3 De Luxe) and it never goes far from Nougat 7.0 . I'll never buy and Asus phone again