Question Official OTA - 12.5.3 CN Version - Wallpaper Issue

Search This thread

super_joe

Apr 23, 2010
Hi,

Still running the official CN version.
Just received the official MIUI 12.5.3 OTA update. Installed flawlessly.

When scanning through settings, I tried to change my wallpaper to either my own picture, or to a pre-installed one and unfortunately it doesn't work.
In the preview frame, it shows the picture I have selected on the Home Screen, but always shows a black screen for the Lock Screen.

When exiting the settings page, I just have a black screen on the Home Screen as well as on the Lock Screen.

I only managed to get a picture on both of them, if I select a Live Wallpaper. Then I have it on both screens. It also works with a third party Wallpaper Changer, where I select my own pictures, but again, I cannot select a fixed Lockscreen picture which after selection turns into a black screen only.

In addition, the setting (on the same page) for changing the Unlock Animation is completely missing.

I tried already all kind of things, rebooting several times, without success.

I guess it is a bug, but wanted to ask if someone has encountered a similar issue on the original China ROM?

freeDom21

May 8, 2011
Does the google play store services work on your device after update? I've got mine downloaded, but delayed the update until this is clear is it safe to update.

super_joe

Apr 23, 2010
Maybe they stopped the rollout.

Another issue I found is that when using the gesture mode to open up the Recent Files, it still shows the old style, where to terminate an app is done by swiping left or right, not as shown in some videos, where you need to swipe up.
It also doesn't show how much Ram is used/free.

freeDom21

May 8, 2011
Maybe they stopped the rollout.

Another issue I found is that when using the gesture mode to open up the Recent Files, it still shows the old style, where to terminate an app is done by swiping left or right, not as shown in some videos, where you need to swipe up.
It also doesn't show how much Ram is used/free.
Could be of those issues. Let's wait..