Official OTA Files - Android One XT1900-1 Only

Search This thread

Neffy27

Nov 27, 2013
Using
Code:
adb logcat
I was able to grab the url and download each OTA. I have uploaded to my Android File Host account here.

I own the Android One Moto X4 XT1900-1 purchased from Project Fi and these only work on stock via stock recovery adb sideload. This is the same as taking the official OTA from the notification.

Dec - Blur_Version.27.21.2.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US (initial upgrade to Oreo)
Jan - Blur_Version.27.221.3.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US
Feb - Blur_Version.27.231.6.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US
Mar - Blur_Version.27.251.10.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US
Apr - Blur_Version.28.11.15.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US (upgrade to Oreo 8.1)

Last edited:

FuraX51

Apr 19, 2012
Somewhere
Try to ADB sideload with stock recovery

I tried, and no success. I done this :
"adb sideload nameoftheupdate.zip" and i've had this message : "E: failed to unmount /"
I tried to set "mount /System" and redid the previous command but with no success again... any help ?:)

My moto X4 is on Project Fi Oreo (previously on Stock Moto, XT1900-7) and the bootloader is unlocked of course.

Neffy27

Nov 27, 2013
That is unfortunate. I'm not sure what advice to give next. I uploaded them in hopes to that it may help towards more customizations. Seems Lenovo really doesn't want to be like Google.

skmpowdjy

Mar 2, 2011
THANK YOU for uploading this!! I am on a completely stock, locked, Project Fi moto x4 and was stuck on the 7.1.1 November update. Flashing the Oreo update via adb sideload worked perfectly :)

Neffy27

Nov 27, 2013
THANK YOU for uploading this!! I am on a completely stock, locked, Project Fi moto x4 and was stuck on the 7.1.1 November update. Flashing the Oreo update via adb sideload worked perfectly :)
Glad this worked for you. :good: plan to do the same whenever I get March notification.

jfalls63

Jul 23, 2015
Satsuma
On my 5th attempt to sideload the 8.0 update. Tried different downloads, file paths, and PC. Same results.
Step 1/2Error applying update: 20 (ErrorCode: : kDownloadState InitializationError)E: Error in / sideload/package.zip ( Status 1)
Any ideas?

jfalls63

Jul 23, 2015
Satsuma
Downloaded the full 8.0 firmware file and flashed in fastboot. While setting up the phone, got prompt for Jan security update. Installed it and check for Feb update. Also downloaded and installed. Guess I had some kind of glitch in 7.1.1 that prevented me from receiving OTA's or sideloading with ADB. Figures.

skmpowdjy

Mar 2, 2011
Downloaded the full 8.0 firmware file and flashed in fastboot. While setting up the phone, got prompt for Jan security update. Installed it and check for Feb update. Also downloaded and installed. Guess I had some kind of glitch in 7.1.1 that prevented me from receiving OTA's or sideloading with ADB. Figures.

I just saw your post in the other thread and was about to direct you here. I was in the same boat. My only guess is that the Oreo update isn't being sent to devices on Verizon's network, but security patches are? There's someone else who posted on these forums a while back with the same issue on Verizon.

Reactions: jfalls63

Nick1801

Mar 12, 2016
Unlocked BL

I can't get adb sideload to work. Strange.... Anyone with an unlocked bootloader have success? TWRP won't do it either.

Also can't get sideload to work with unlocked bootloader. TWRP didn't work for me either. Can't tell why exactly it isn't working. My next thought was to try with a MicroSD Card.

Slickademo

Aug 19, 2013
Also can't get sideload to work with unlocked bootloader. TWRP didn't work for me either. Can't tell why exactly it isn't working. My next thought was to try with a MicroSD Card.

I tried micro SD card with stock recovery and it did not mount. I just read that the newest update kills USB connectivity (besides charging) so it's probably best not to update until they fix that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using
    Code:
    adb logcat
    I was able to grab the url and download each OTA. I have uploaded to my Android File Host account here.

I own the Android One Moto X4 XT1900-1 purchased from Project Fi and these only work on stock via stock recovery adb sideload. This is the same as taking the official OTA from the notification.

Dec - Blur_Version.27.21.2.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US (initial upgrade to Oreo)
    Jan - Blur_Version.27.221.3.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US
    Feb - Blur_Version.27.231.6.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US
    Mar - Blur_Version.27.251.10.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US
    Apr - Blur_Version.28.11.15.payton_fi.google_fi.en.US (upgrade to Oreo 8.1)
    Official April OTA added!
    Official March OTA added!

I just saw your post in the other thread and was about to direct you here. I was in the same boat. My only guess is that the Oreo update isn't being sent to devices on Verizon's network, but security patches are? There's someone else who posted on these forums a while back with the same issue on Verizon.
    So has the OTA files actually helped anybody? I thought I had at least one verified successful adb sideload done on a previous OTA.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone