Official OTA Update Pie [N960USQU1CSAA] [SM-N960U U.S. Carriers] [2/1/2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
For your convenience, this is the official OTA update for the U.S. Snapdragon SM-N960U. If you can't wait for the Official Android 9 Pie OTA to hit your device/carrier then this is what you're looking for. It is universal for all U.S. carriers as Samsung has streamlined their Galaxy firmware across the U.S. carriers/variant. The only difference in the new firmware is the CSC relevant to each specific carrier. Your carrier SIM will determine which network configs and factory installed carrier apps will be preinstalled on first boot.

This specific OTA update .zip REQUIRES that your phone be on the latest Oreo firmware N960USQU1ARL1
If you're not already running the latest carrier firmware Oreo 8.1 (N960USQU1ARL1) just check software update in settings and let it update to N960USQU1ARL1. You can also download it from HERE and flash it via Odin. I strongly recommend a factory data reset BEFORE you Odin firmware for best results.

***Note this is the carrier firmware. If you want the non-carrier "bloat-free" firmware this is NOT it***

If you need more detailed install instructions visit this helpful thread.

Please thank the guys over at https://firmware.science/ for providing these EARLY releases as they are the ones making this possible.

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Jun 18, 2010
what if i do the update withou a sim chip in the phone

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Tried with the sim chip out and got an error message - E3004: this package is for "crownqltesq" this is "crownqlteue"

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
I'm on the beta - N960U1UEU1ZRLL, considering either odin'ing to ARL1, or may just try to set this up over the Beta. Will let you know results
Just odin back to ARL1 without wiping and then flash the update file before rebooting into the OS. That's what I did and everything is working fine but I am sure I will wipe over the weekend when I have more time.

randomtask16

Apr 5, 2007
what if i do the update withou a sim chip in the phone

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Tried with the sim chip out and got an error message - E3004: this package is for "crownqltesq" this is "crownqlteue"
I got the same error, It seems this update works on U models, but not U1

Device: crownqltesq
Model: samsung SM-N960U

Device: crownqlteue
Model: samsung SM-N960U1

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I got the same error, It seems this update works on U models, but not U1

Device: crownqltesq
Model: samsung SM-N960U

Device: crownqlteue
Model: samsung SM-N960U1
Correct. This is the U.S. carrier firmware, not the Unlocked non-carrier firmware. I thought I made this clear in the OP.

Loving the update so far, however i noticed that the edge lighting effect no longer works with Samsung Music Player... :(
Samsung removed this feature for some reason. I liked this feature too. Samsung seems to have taken a few steps backwards with the release of One UI.

mid3vil

Jun 30, 2010
Mobile, AL
Just odin back to ARL1 without wiping and then flash the update file before rebooting into the OS. That's what I did and everything is working fine but I am sure I will wipe over the weekend when I have more time.
Yeh thats what I ended up doing. Worked fine, albeit I'm not a fan of the verizon bloatware. Oh well I'll probably roll back to a vanilla install later.

Reactions: SteveReno

kkohlmann

Jan 12, 2007
Is there any update our for U1...I am currently on the latest version of the beta for PIE. Just curious, as all these firmware and models are making me a bit confused lol.

NalNalas

Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
So stupid question, will updates go through normally with your carrier after? Like, is there any difference between doing this and picking up the OTA?

Just making sure, thanks! Asking because Verizon has its own weird updater thing that other devices don't have.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrAwesome96

jasonbeth1022

Oct 28, 2012
Thanks for posting this! Tired if waiting on Verizon. so far so good.
Only question I have is how do you open the recent apps from the home screen when you have the navbar hidden and are using gestures. Also swipe up for Samsung pay is enabled.
Never mind figured it out lol. Just can't swipe up to bring up Google assistant. Might have to disable Samsung pay swipe up feature to unlock that area.

Last edited:

sullytrny

Dec 24, 2006
Saranac Lake
I'm on a spectrum device the 960U and was just wondering you guys who did update how are you liking it? And if anybody is using the BX actions It's a Bixby button remapper and if you had to uninstall it 1st or anything I'm just dumb not updating until I'm sure!

Thanks

Photo's[emoji2398] by Sully using SM-N960U or SM-870A

Status
Not open for further replies.