[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 10.0.1 (Android Q 10.0) OTA for OnePlus 5T (dumpling)

Search This thread

dcscorpio76

Jul 16, 2011
Hello folks, I'm running into an issue when I've updated from OOS 9 to 10.0.1 that maybe someone else has experienced but I can't figure out how to solve it. I followed all of the instructions to flash and update. I even formatted data and flashed noverity zip to remain decrypted all appeared to go well. However, as I'm setting up the phone, I notice that I get an error in Google play that says can't download apps because there's not enough storage or to use external storage which I've done and still can't download or update certain apps. I also cannot download anything from chrome as all downloads fail. The phone is almost useless like this. I have 103 GB of free storage internal but I notice when I plug into to my PC, it says internal shared storage. Can anyone help me out so that I can get this back on track? I didn't have this issues on previous build. I've tried everything I know and I followed all the instructions in the OP. I'm stumped!! Thanks

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: wethebold

tokariew

Jun 16, 2011
Warsaw
You need to format internal storage in recovery only the data partition. I had similar issue and formatting solved it. But you will need to do first time configuration again.

After few days on 10.0.1 my fingerprint stopped working restart helped, somebody else experienced similar issue on new version?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

freonchill

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Strange, it is happening for me despite reinstalling the launcher (tried both lawnchair and rootless pixel) and setting the default.. Even tried a couple reboots in between..

it happened to me as well, after flashing 10.0.1 over 10. but after changing default launcher and gesture, it works fine.
but it only happened once

You sure you made the new launcher default ?

Am using rootless pixel launcher and everything works fine

But how does the OP gesture works if you set another launcher default ?

I've got an issue where despite setting a different default launcher than the OnePlus Launcher, when I do the gesture to go home, it goes to the OnePlus Launcher, and I have to do the gesture again to make it go to my selected launcher....

Anyone else have this issue?

I have that issue and if I go to default app for launcher, neither are checked (nova or OnePlus). So o choose nova and it works fine, until I reboot. Then I have to select the default launcher again. I guess the good thing is I only reboot about once a month...

sukesh1090

Aug 1, 2012
Manipal
Hello folks, I'm running into an issue when I've updated from OOS 9 to 10.0.1 that maybe someone else has experienced but I can't figure out how to solve it. I followed all of the instructions to flash and update. I even formatted data and flashed noverity zip to remain decrypted all appeared to go well. However, as I'm setting up the phone, I notice that I get an error in Google play that says can't download apps because there's not enough storage or to use external storage which I've done and still can't download or update certain apps. I also cannot download anything from chrome as all downloads fail. The phone is almost useless like this. I have 103 GB of free storage internal but I notice when I plug into to my PC, it says internal shared storage. Can anyone help me out so that I can get this back on track? I didn't have this issues on previous build. I've tried everything I know and I followed all the instructions in the OP. I'm stumped!! Thanks

Even I am facing the same issue. Did formatting solve the problem for you?

tweeny80

Jul 2, 2012
Hi people

I clean flashed 10.1 the day it came out, then magisk, no other modules or mods of any sort.

Yesterday I noticed my notification shade NO LONGER displays shortcuts after the 1st pull-down.

Usually four shortcuts appear, but suddenly they disappeared. No idea why. None of the settings options actually does this so I assume it's a bug.

It behaves normally after the second pull down, all shortcuts appear.

Anyone else have this happen?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201130-190206.jpg
    Screenshot_20201130-190206.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

anox

Feb 18, 2006
It got weirder.

I had that weird no sim card issue too, but I'm not sure if it's the exact same issue as yours.

I went straight from 9.0.11 to 10.0.1 using Blu TWRP, rooted with Magisk. With the stock kernel, everything was fine for a few days. Then, I flashed the blu_spark_r217 kernel. With some tweaks, everything was good for another few days.

Here comes that weird issue:
Yesterday, I woke up with no sim card issue (I set the phone to turn off and on every night.) I thought it must've been the new kernel, so I flashed back my backup Magisk rooted stock kernel. After rebooting, the issue still existed. I also noticed other things weren't stable and Wi-Fi didn't even work. At this point, I felt hopeless, so I tried turning off the phone completely.

Turning it back on, everything was back to normal! I know this doesn't really make sense:)

The phone has been OK until now. (fingers crossed :))
I may try a custom kernel later as I want to completely disable the phone vibration.

Like I said my issue may not be the same as yours. I just share it anyway.
I'm replying to myself to update the issue, and perhaps, someone has some idea.

With the stock kernel (rooted with Magisk), the issue occurred again. This time I have a screenshot attached. It happened exactly the same as last time and a cold shutdown resolved it again.

I have a few Magisk modules and some other root apps installed. So, I don't know if this is a ROM issue or something else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201201-062931-01.jpg
    Screenshot_20201201-062931-01.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 83

yeyitin

Aug 30, 2011
Madrid
A few of us are having problems - missing IMEI/Baseband

I used Oxygen updater to update too. It went well, until my phone came up and wouldn't connect to the network. Eventually figured out that my IMEI's were gone as well as any baseband files.

I'm not the only one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/help/sim-recognition-oos-10-0-1-update-efs-t4193171

We both tried restoring our EFS partitions from our TWRP/Nandroid backups with no success.

I'm trying to use the QPST service programming software to re-write the IMEIs (I still have the original numbers). However, the .qcn file I have for 5T, which works with the IMEI changer for that file, doesn't seem to work with my phone, saying "The file model MSM8998 does not match the phone model MSM8998. Please select a file for the MSM8998."

We are kind of stuck, if anyone has ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.

Hi,
I am the one with the same issue, and in my case I can't make QPST nor ADB recognize the phone. I can see the internal storage alright from the computer, but those tools don't seem to work.

Any clues, please? I am kind of stuck!! :-(

nithin chandra

Jun 3, 2015
kurnool(AP)
I thought most problems on 10 were due to people dirty flashing the ROM. So i formated the entire storage. Installed 10-hotfix cleanly. I'm having tons of problems like Play store not updating some apps like Chrome, webview, etc.

Oneplus behaved bad here, what a let down. O+1 has gone too commercial.

clear cache & data of play store & try updating chrome & webview,it should fix..i too faced the same issue

wethebold

Mar 28, 2018

Same issue on android 10. I can't even install apk from internal storage. I resolved that issue with back to stock rom with unbrick tools. After that reboot stock recovery, wipe everything and sideload with lastest 10.0.1. But there is no root etc.

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
Guys, something is wrong is my internal storage, it didn't create the default android directories and also indentifies zips and .apks as directories.

Any idea?! So weird...

Cpt. Strawberry Crepe

Mar 11, 2018
Guys, something is wrong is my internal storage, it didn't create the default android directories and also indentifies zips and .apks as directories.

Any idea?! So weird...
It's a bug with OnePlus's Android 10. They have totally fked it up.

1) Wipe EVERYTHING in TWRP
2) Flash latest Android 9(Yes, Android 9 you read correctly)
3) Boot into Android 9 and do the initial SetupWizard
4) Flash TWRP
5) Boot to TWRP
6) Flash latest Android 10

sansanc

Oct 1, 2014
It's a bug with OnePlus's Android 10. They have totally fked it up.

1) Wipe EVERYTHING in TWRP
2) Flash latest Android 9(Yes, Android 9 you read correctly)
3) Boot into Android 9 and do the initial SetupWizard
4) Flash TWRP
5) Boot to TWRP
6) Flash latest Android 10

Thanks for the tip. Will do. Now, will it work fine after doing this?

I have tried some customs android 11 ROMs here, they had too many features or were too minimalist. I guess i'll have to stick with this one. Or even reverto to 9 if necessary...

Cpt. Strawberry Crepe

Mar 11, 2018
Thanks for the tip. Will do. Now, will it work fine after doing this?

I have tried some customs android 11 ROMs here, they had too many features or were too minimalist. I guess i'll have to stick with this one. Or even reverto to 9 if necessary...
I'm using pixel experience 11 unofficial with latest lazy kernel from their telegram and I'm very happy. Screw OnePlus and their buggy roms

Last edited:
Reactions: ghpk and sansanc

Cpt. Strawberry Crepe

Mar 11, 2018
Do you pass to pixel 11 from OOS 10? Clean install? I also wanna try PE11...
You need to be on the latest OOS firmware. Backup, boot to TWRP, format, wipe everything, move ROM to your phone and flash. It has GApps so you don't need to worry for anything. Check the forum for the custom ROMs, we have great Android 11 ones. You can check on YouTube to showcase the ROM (probably on other phones but you get the same experience)

Last edited:
Reactions: caluz78

ghpk

Dec 29, 2010
India
My 5T is decrypted and rooted,
I was Running Android 9 update since Sept 2019 and updated to next version then to latest one.
Had no issues and didn't needed to format even but.
In latest version, Everytime I unlock and touch anything where a Text Input is required,
Google Voice typing gets invoked,
Have to click back and then my keyboard (Google indic Keyboard) comes up.
this is not much of a issue but really frustrating.

I do have set default keyboard as required but still can't make it work.

I too want to try Pixel Experience, but have read you cannot turn off any Sim Card without removing it physically which is a real bummer for me as I always need my public number turned off during nights and early mornings due to SPAM and personal reasons.

Edit: Magisk hide still lets Apps Like ICICI Bank and My Jio kicks me out certainly some goof up at OS end is happening as renaming magisk, renaming folders related to TWRP doesn't help.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cpt. Strawberry Crepe

Mar 11, 2018
My 5T is decrypted and rooted,
I was Running Android 9 update since Sept 2019 and updated to next version then to latest one.
Had no issues and didn't needed to format even but.
In latest version, Everytime I unlock and touch anything where a Text Input is required,
Google Voice typing gets invoked,
Have to click back and then my keyboard (Google indic Keyboard) comes up.
this is not much of a issue but really frustrating.

I do have set default keyboard as required but still can't make it work.

I too want to try Pixel Experience, but have read you cannot turn off any Sim Card without removing it physically which is a real bummer for me as I always need my public number turned off during nights and early mornings due to SPAM and personal reasons.

Edit: Magisk hide still lets Apps Like ICICI Bank and My Jio kicks me out certainly some goof up at OS end is happening as renaming magisk, renaming folders related to TWRP doesn't help.

Any suggestions appreciated.
I think the best way is to flash the ROM and experience it yourself. For spam, Google Dialer has protection against it. Unfortunately I cannot comment on dual SIM as I only use one(1) SIM.

Edit: Magisk(latest canary) passes the safety net

Reactions: ghpk

ghpk

Dec 29, 2010
India
I think the best way is to flash the ROM and experience it yourself. For spam, Google Dialer has protection against it. Unfortunately I cannot comment on dual SIM as I only use one(1) SIM.

Edit: Magisk(latest canary) passes the safety net
I am already on Latest MagiskVersion and still Banking Apps and My ISP (Jio) app was detecting device Root Status.

I now fixed it by installing this Magisk Module.

Seems what is broken by OnePlus in Latest Version is fixed by "Universal SafetyNet Fix 1.1.0"

windre

Jan 6, 2012
Just Updated From 10.0.0 everything was fine until today, call record is not working, last build worked flawlessly but no more. I'm Rooted with Magisk, GCam 8.0, James, Narsil, AMl ,Dot Fix, Riru Core & Exposed I had just bout everything on 10.0.0 expect for James (had Viper) didn't need AMl for some reason and the last Dot Fix, Magisk and GCam 7.4 anyone else with simlar issues, solved it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.
    I have a question. I am with OOS 10.0.1 , magisk 22.1, and I would like to restore my Phone.
    But i am unable to find the Magisk Uninstaller zip with the version 22.1...
    Any idea to uninstall Magisk 22.1??

Thnaks
    here you go:
    .. "the easiest way to uninstall Magisk is directly through the Magisk app.
    If you insist on using custom recoveries, rename the Magisk APK to uninstall.zip and flash it like any other ordinary flashable zip. ..."

1130932-ae72fbc4fae3cafb4a0029107e3892cd.png

ANNOUNCEMENT
    Hey everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS version 10.0.1 for the OnePlus 5/T devices.

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]System:[/B]
    • Fixed the abnormal call recording issue
    • Fixed the de-activated alarm issue when the phone was powered off
    • Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.09
    • Updated GMS package to 2020.08

[B]Full Screen Gestures:[/B]
    • Back gesture from the bottom of the screen is available (OP5T only)

[B]Camera:[/B]
    • Electronic Image Stabilization has been added, bringing you the more stable shooting experience
    Explore what's new on Android 10 here.

Notes:
    • If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it from here. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the build here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.
    • Click here to find out how to take logs on OxygenOS.

Warning: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

DOWNLOADS

Full ROM Zips:
    OxygenOS 10.0.1: Official Link | AndroidFileHost Mirror | Google Drive Mirror
    MD5: 242e3a4021f0b37c513ac4be935fbea0

Custom Recoveries:
    TWRP by mauronofrio: Official Link
    TWRP by poad42: Official Link
    blu_spark TWRP by eng.stk: Official Link
    Official TWRP by Dees_Troy: Official Link

Root:
    Magisk: Official Link

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing a full zip in recovery.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery:
    • Download the full zip/incremental OTA from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
    • Reboot to stock recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
    • Select language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
    • After a successful flash > Wipe cache
    • Reboot
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from H2OS/OOS:
    • Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above
    • Transfer the zip to the root of your device's internal storage
    • Only needed if you are using a TWRP that does not ignore the compatibility.zip check: Remove the compatibility.zip from the downloaded full ROM zip with either MiXplorer or Total Commander (not with any other tool!) on your device itself
    • Reboot to TWRP and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    • Flash Magisk Uninstaller (recommended)
    • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache and cache > Swipe to wipe
    • From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    • Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache and cache > Swipe to wipe
    • If you were decrypted earlier, flash xXx No Verity 4.0.zip from here
    • Reboot
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery:
    • Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above
    • Transfer the zip to the root of your device's internal storage
    • Only needed if you are using a TWRP that does not ignore the compatibility.zip check: Remove the compatibility.zip from the downloaded full ROM zip with either MiXplorer or Total Commander (not with any other tool!) on your device itself
    • Reboot to TWRP and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    • Flash Magisk Uninstaller (recommended)
    • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache, cache, system, vendor and data> Swipe to wipe
    • From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip (modified one with compatibility.zip removed, in case you're on Oreo or unmodified one, in case you're on Pie) > Swipe to flash
    • Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    • Optional: If you wish to decrypt, format data via TWRP (please note that wiping the data partition, which we did in the 5th step above, is not the same as formatting it) and after that flash xXx No Verity 4.0.zip from here
    • Reboot

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] OxygenOS Stable for OnePlus 5T (dumpling), ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    Funk Wizard, shadowstep, Some_Random_Username
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-08
    Last Updated 2020-11-20
    Download Section moved to OP and Thread now maintained by:

Thread Contributors:
    @shadowstep
    @Funk Wizard
    Flashing Instructions moved to OP and thread now maintained by:

Thread Contributors:
    @shadowstep
    @Funk Wizard
    Confirmed: New OxygenOS features launched with OnePlus 7 Pro (software based, such as Fnatic Mode, Zen Mode, Screen Recorder, Quick Reply in Landscape, DC Dimming, and RAM Boost) will be making their way to the OnePlus 5/5T/6/6T too.

Bonus Confirmation: Android Q will also make its way to OnePlus 5/5T.

(Source: OnePlus Forums)
    Sick of OnePlus changelogs, came back for more OTA analysis ! I'll try to do it everytime a new OTA is available !

How to interpret :
    Small change ==> 5 lines of code or less were modified
    Updated ==> File/App completely different or rebuild

4.7.4 ==> 4.7.5
    - Small change libmmcamera2_q3a_core.so (camera librairies)
    - Small change in libstagefright_soft_avcdec.so (Used for hardware h264 decoding)

- Updated libstagefright_soft_avcenc.so (Used for hardware h264 encoding)
    - Updated libwebrtc_audio_preprocessing.so (Related to audio processing)
    - Updated OPDeviceManager
    - Updated OnePlusCamera

- Kernel updated from 4.4-G1712062242 to 4.4-G1712122320
    - Updated firmware files : a540_zap, ipa_fws

Here's the comparison between 4.7.2 & 4.7.4
    4.7.2 ==> 4.7.4 :
    - Updated camera libraries (HAL & config files)
    - Updated video/media libraries
    - Updated fw_synaptics_17801.img (Touch Panel firmware)
    - Updated fingerprint libraries
    - Updated android framework
    - Small change in qca_cld3_wlan.ko (Wi-Fi driver)
    - In WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini, g_enable_packet_filter_bitmap=2 ---> g_enable_packet_filter_bitmap=3 (wi-fi optimization, not sure if that makes a difference)
    - In build.prop : ro.com.google.gmsversion=7.1_r6 --> ro.com.google.gmsversion=7.1_r7 (Google Mobile Services)
    - Updated GMSCore.apk (Google Mobile Services)
    - Small change in APN Config files (added iD internet virtual apn / Change iD internet to ipv4v6)
    - Updated firmware files : a540_zap, ipa_fws
    - Recovery updated
    - Kernel updated from 4.4-G1711152324 to 4.4-G1712062242
    The rest is minor, all Google Apps updated also.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone