[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 5.0 Android 8.0 Stable Roll Out

Search This thread

arnoudasmit

Apr 20, 2013
Holy holy, my OP5 has never been this fast since the upgrade!! Might get a speeding ticket;<D No experience yet on battery usage, but feels real smooth. Tnx OnePlus

arnoudasmit

Apr 20, 2013
Pretty Please describe to us how did you install . It very ad, if you read the other post..

Was on 4.5.15 unrooted, through Opera VPN connected with Germany, regular software update OTA. already had appops running combined with shizuku to allow/disallow eg wakeup/running in background, no problems updating. When i got to Oreo, I did need to make shizuku manager battery-not-optimised to keep it running properly.

Afaik, great update!!

supercfc

Mar 10, 2013
USA
Nexus 7
Sony Xperia Z2
My procedure to Dirty Flash over Open/Leaked betas without encryption issues.
1. Download ROM, Chinese TWRP, no verity mod For_OOS_Oreo by HatriGt.
2. Flash Chinese TWRP from your TWRP or fastboot.
3. Reboot to TWRP.
4. Flash ROM and no verity mod For_OOS_Oreo by HatriGt and then Flash Chinese TWRP without rebooting.
5. Again reboot to TWRP and flash no verity mod For_OOS_Oreo by HatriGt again.
6. Flash Magisk 14.6 beta if you need root.
7. Reboot.

qtoo941

Jun 27, 2013
Sofia
So far it seems that my phone is smoother compared to Nougat (4.5.14 and 4.5.15).
I like that I can turn on/off the mobile data with only a single tap now. Guys, keep in mind that Wi-Fi is always ON after the update. If you are experiencing battery drain, turn that setting off.

lolloh1000

Mar 6, 2016
oneplus 5 stuck after updating

I have a completely clean oneplus 5. never rooted or switched roms but after todays update the phone keeps stuck on the reboot animation.
I have tried to do a instal after a complete data wipe (i have backups) but still no succes. it has been doing this for almost 2 hours now....
Anybody here who can help me?

I tried to root this version installing it over my previous release Firmware on an encrypted phone (which I do not intend to change).

TWRP 3.1.2 does not ask for a password on that rom and is unable to recognize the encrypted data/user partition. After a normal boot, twrp is gone (unable to modify anything).

So far no chance to root this version.

Anybody a good idea for me?

Last edited:

smartdroid

Sep 24, 2011
Toronto
I have a completely clean oneplus 5. never rooted or switched roms but after todays update the phone keeps stuck on the reboot animation.
I have tried to do a instal after a complete data wipe (i have backups) but still no succes. it has been doing this for almost 2 hours now....

I'm having the same problem. Only difference is my bootloader was unlocked but phone was not rooted. I just installed the latest OTA update and the phone is stuck on the boot screen (red dot with white dots moving around it. I need help please.

vortex-5

Jul 3, 2014
I'm also stuck on the rotating dots this is a scary firmware.

I was able to restore a TWRP recovery to get the phone half working again however now the phone won't connect to wifi :( I think the supplicant is broken since it sees the physical networks fine but it never connects you just see it go from connection to saved / disabled :(

I also flashed a clean stock firmware and formatted data to be sure but no luck I'm really SOL'ed now I might have to RMA

ashokmor007

Aug 13, 2012
GB
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
how to install,..... i am from INDIA
Follow this guide https://youtu.be/dm3CTRlwrVE

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Did u try factory reset after updating...
And how did u update..
Check for video on my channel..
They might help u
https://youtu.be/dm3CTRlwrVE

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

I'm having the same problem. Only difference is my bootloader was unlocked but phone was not rooted. I just installed the latest OTA update and the phone is stuck on the boot screen (red dot with white dots moving around it. I need help please.

Are u able to solve or stil same issue.
And can u tel me how did u update.

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

I'm also stuck on the rotating dots this is a scary firmware.

I was able to restore a TWRP recovery to get the phone half working again however now the phone won't connect to wifi :( I think the supplicant is broken since it sees the physical networks fine but it never connects you just see it go from connection to saved / disabled :(

I also flashed a clean stock firmware and formatted data to be sure but no luck I'm really SOL'ed now I might have to RMA
Did u solve the issue if not let me know how did u update?

smartdroid

Sep 24, 2011
Toronto

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

And how did u update..
They might help u

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

SOLVED: Hard factory reset. I wiped all data, INCLUDING MEDIA, and rebooted. Unfortunately I lost all my data but it rebooted to the new OREO update.

Last edited:

Spider-Vice

Jul 15, 2013
OnePlus 5
A bit of a shame barely anything changed between OB2 and the stable release as there are some pressing bugs still. Double haptic feedback is still a thing for instance.

vortex-5

Jul 3, 2014

And how did u update..
They might help u

Followed method 2 here: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5/how-to/official-stable-oxygen-os-5-0-update-t3724247

Wiped data /install system /install no-verity boot.

Endless spinner

install Magicsk 14.6 boot passes you get an failure to encrypted data error

Revert back to 4.5.15 via wipe /system /data /cache /davilk-cache don't restore recovery = welcome screen without wifi working.

Top Liked Posts