[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)

Search This thread

beclosetolovedale

Nov 28, 2012
Cochin
OnePlus 5
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
Tried to install using TWRP but it is taking me to fastboot tried many times steps i used

1. uninstalled magisk using uninstaller zip & wiped using advanced wipe as said in op
2. flashed ROM
3. flashed magisk 20.4
4. cleared cache & dalvik
5. flashed xxx noverity 4
is there anything more to do, please help

Last edited:

firoz3321

Apr 30, 2011
Hyderabad
Tried to install using TWRP but it is taking me to fastboot tried many times steps i used

1. uninstalled magisk using uninstaller zip & wiped using advanced wipe as said in op
2. flashed ROM
3. flashed magisk 20.4
4. cleared cache & dalvik
5. flashed xxx noverity 4
is there anything more to do, please help

I have the same issue.
Exactly followed all steps for clean Flash in OP.

I am currently on PixelExperience10 Rom.

I tried the STABLE build 9.0.11 and this works but asks to enter the PIN to enter and doesn't take my PIN (says wrong).
I restored my NANDROID backup now.

I want to sell this device and restore to stock rom.

Everytime I reboot it again restarts it self and enters the TWRP Recovery.

I tried like 10 times so far.

Please help.
I tried various no_verity builds (v3, v4) but didn't work.
Tried various Recoveries but didn't work.

Bewildered Wolf

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 25, 2012
NEW DELHI
www.youtube.com
I have the same issue.
Exactly followed all steps for clean Flash in OP.

I am currently on PixelExperience10 Rom.

I tried the STABLE build 9.0.11 and this works but asks to enter the PIN to enter and doesn't take my PIN (says wrong).
I restored my NANDROID backup now.

I want to sell this device and restore to stock rom.

Everytime I reboot it again restarts it self and enters the TWRP Recovery.

I tried like 10 times so far.

Please help.
I tried various no_verity builds (v3, v4) but didn't work.
Tried various Recoveries but didn't work.
Tried to format data?

Reactions: firoz3321

anuraganasane

Feb 8, 2017
I'm facing random reboot. The cause for reboot is switching on and off WiFi from notification panel repeatedly. Doesn't happen just by doing twice or thrice but later. Faced it 3-4 times now. Also settings menu takes time to open when opened from notification panel.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1130932-ae72fbc4fae3cafb4a0029107e3892cd.png

ANNOUNCEMENT
    Hey everyone,

Here is the third Android 10 Open Beta build for the OnePlus 5/5T.

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]System:[/B]
    • Optimized the system icons in UI of call recording, start-up animations, mobile signal, etc.
    • Fixed the bug with access to audio tuner after connecting the earphones
    • Fixed the issue with unwanted muting of calls in Google Duo
    • Fixed the bug with sending and receiving the messages while registering or activating UPI accounts
    • Improved system stability and fixed general bugs

[B]Camera:[/B]
    • Improved the stability of camera

[B]Wi-Fi and Internet:[/B]
    • Optimized Wi-Fi transfer speed display in network details
    • Disabled Airtel VoWiFi
    Explore what's new on Android 10 here.

Notes:
    • OnePlus Switch cannot back up data stored in lockbox, it is recommended to move the lockbox data out or save it to other equipment to avoid data loss.
    • After this update, the backups from OnePlus Switch may not show up. You can fix this issue by updating to the latest OnePlus Switch version from the Play Store.
    • Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions, please refer to the How to Report a Bug thread and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community App.
    • If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it from here. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the build here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.
    • Click here to find out how to take logs on OxygenOS.

Warning: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

Warning: Users who are on the Stable build or Android 9 Open Beta build with stock recovery, can update to this build only via update from recovery, which will wipe your entire data.

DOWNLOADS

Full ROM Zips:
    OxygenOS Android 10 Open Beta 3: Official Link | AndroidFileHost Mirror | Google Drive Mirror
    MD5: fa408a5bdf39ba2c0e6bcae02c6c7666

Custom Recoveries:
    TWRP by mauronofrio: Official Link
    TWRP by poad42: Official Link
    blu_spark TWRP by eng.stk: Official Link
    Official TWRP by Dees_Troy: Official Link

Root:
    Magisk: Official Link

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing a full zip in recovery.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery:
    • Download the full zip/incremental OTA from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
    • Reboot to stock recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
    • Select language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
    • After a successful flash > Wipe cache
    • Reboot
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from H2OS/OOS:
    • Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above
    • Transfer the zip to the root of your device's internal storage
    • Only needed if you are using a TWRP that does not ignore the compatibility.zip check: Remove the compatibility.zip from the downloaded full ROM zip with either MiXplorer or Total Commander (not with any other tool!) on your device itself
    • Reboot to TWRP and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    • Flash Magisk Uninstaller (recommended)
    • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache and cache > Swipe to wipe
    • From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    • Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache and cache > Swipe to wipe
    • If you were decrypted earlier, flash xXx No Verity 4.0.zip from here
    • Reboot
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery:
    • Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above
    • Transfer the zip to the root of your device's internal storage
    • Only needed if you are using a TWRP that does not ignore the compatibility.zip check: Remove the compatibility.zip from the downloaded full ROM zip with either MiXplorer or Total Commander (not with any other tool!) on your device itself
    • Reboot to TWRP and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    • Flash Magisk Uninstaller (recommended)
    • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache, cache, system, vendor and data> Swipe to wipe
    • From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip (modified one with compatibility.zip removed, in case you're on Oreo or unmodified one, in case you're on Pie) > Swipe to flash
    • Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    • Optional: If you wish to decrypt, format data via TWRP (please note that wiping the data partition, which we did in the 5th step above, is not the same as formatting it) and after that flash xXx No Verity 4.0.zip from here
    • Reboot

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [OFFICIAL] OxygenOS Open Beta for the OnePlus 5, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    Funk Wizard, shadowstep, Some_Random_Username
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-09-30
    Last Updated 2020-06-28
    Some Recommendations

Hi Everyone :eek:

I am aware that most of you are disappointed with the delay of the beta release and if i were at your place i would have felt the same :( All i can say at this stage is we are very close of the release and its a definite in the coming days. We had plans to release the build before holidays so we are still early on that schedule.

I would appreciate a constructive feedback and I Do Not want to Close this thread for any Off Topic discussion done since my last post. This is XDA and we encourage the discussion even when the Beta thread stands closed on OnePlus forums.

For those who had doubts or didn't understand my last message, i would like to clarify few things as we move towards Pie.
    When you get your hands on the Pie release, i would like you to be aware of the below and backup your entire device. As its a big update and change of Android versions, please follow the below:

To begin with Clean flash is recommended and make sure you uninstall/remove all System Mods, Magisk Modules, Substratum overlays etc before you proceed. (Do Not report bugs on Dirty Flash) &/Or if you cant do a clean flash Factory reset is recommended from recovery after the Pie update.

1. Back -up your internal (Data, Media everything that is important and not stored on cloud) :good:
    2. I recommend flashing the Full Rom instead of the incremental OTA (both locked and unlocked users) and definitely clear cache from recovery after the update :good:
    3. The final build may or may not be TWRP flashable so i would recommend to use the stock recovery just in case TWRP is unable to flash the Pie build :good:
    4. If you face any lags or loops, factory reset after the update is recommended so again data backup is essential :fingers-crossed:
    5. Make sure you check and update play service and all app updates from playstore upon first boot so that any pie related updates can be installed before you start using the device and report any force closures :fingers-crossed:
    6. First boot will take longer than expected so be patient :good:
    7. Expect bugs as this will be the first pie release for your device so there can be some broken functionalities :fingers-crossed:

Lastly for users who have OP5/5T as your primary or only device i would request you to hold the update for a day or two and check the feedback on the forums for any broken functionalities before you fall for the pie hype :p

For those who follow me know that i posted a backup heads up as similar advise when we received Oreo update but some users did not take my advise seriously and ended up with loss of data and encryption issues and had to wipe the entire device so please take the necessary backup and backup all that you cant afford to loose. The last thing i want on this thread is reports of bricked devices and loss of data due to OTA or Pie update :fingers-crossed:

As i have said before feedback whether good or bad is extremely important to us, as it is only on the receipt of such information we can assess and improve the experience that we offer this i would like to thank all of you for your continued feedback on our Beta Program Builds and we look forward to more constructive feedback from our XDA community :highfive:

Stay tuned :fingers-crossed:
    Some FAQ's on Android Pie Release

Q. Why is my brightness low after upgrading to Android Pie 9.0?

A: Google introduced new algorithm for the brightness which will give more control to the user specially in darker environments. The user have to train the brightness preferences for some time in different lighting conditions they use their device so that the device learns it and then adjusts the brightness automatically after that.
    More here: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/behind-the-scenes-how-we-adapted-to-android-pie.909531/

Q. Where is clear Cache in Android Pie?

A: Cache partition no longer is available on Pie. So there is no option for clearing it. One has to clear cache by individual app now.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/356365/why-android-no-longer-needs-a-cache-partition/

Cache's Explained Here:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/caches-explained.828298/

Q. Why is there no Digital Well-Being available in OnePlus device running Pie?

A: Digital Wellbeing is currently available only to Pixel devices and Nokia 7 Plus. This may change in near future and OnePlus may be added to its supported device list.

Q.Why is "X" app crashing in my phone running Android Pie?

A: Many apps are still not updated to support Android Pie, that is the reason they are not able to run in the new OS. Contacting the app developer will be much more helpful.

Q. I downgraded to stable channel, but did not receive the update to Pie, why?

A: The wide-rollout has begun, its only matter of time, you will get the notification for the new update.

Q. Why is my battery draining so fast after update?

A: This is a major upgrade, you should give it some time to settle before the battery starts working normally. Also battery calibration is always a good way to get most out of it.

Q. I do not like the new Recents layout, what can i do?

A: Unfortunately, nothing can be done about it. Its how Google designed it.

Q. My Play Store is showing "uncertified" after i downgraded to stable, how can i solve it?

A: Clear Google Play Services data and Play store data and Reboot. Let Play store update automatically and it should change the status to Certified.

Q. Why cannot i use volume buttons to control the ringtone volume in Android Pie?

A. Google has made change to it, now we can change media volume by default. OnePlus has provided a shortcut to directly go into settings to make it easier to change the ringtone volume.

Q. Why my Fingerprint does not work, after my phone is in standby for long time?

A: The Fingerprint service goes to sleep and thus doesn't allow unlocking the phone.
    To avoid this, the current work-around it to turn Off Standby Optimization in Advanced Optimization Battery Settings or wake up the phone using Power button after long standby.

Q. Why does not my screen light-up on incoming calls?

A: This happens when the Phone app settings is messed up.
    To solve this:
    Touch and hold on Phone app and Tap on App Info.
    Now tap on Notifications and then tap on Incoming Calls(Not the Checkbox).
    Select Behavior and make sure its set to Make Sound and Popup on Screen
    This should allow the incoming calls to notify you lighting up the screen.

Q. My clock shows alarm notification 2-hrs prior to actual alarm/ my alarm is missing, what can i do?

A: You can follow the steps below to fix it:
    Go to Settings>Apps & notifications>Display all apps>Clock>Notifications.
    Now, there are 2 things to do :
    a) Press on "Clock" (Not the Checkbox)>Behaviour
    Choose "Silent display" : this way you won't have the sound notification 2 hours before schedule

b) Press on "Alarm" (Not the Checkbox)>Behaviour
    Choose "Sound alert and display on screen" : If you choose another option, the screen won't turn on when the alarm rings. And you also want to set the sound alert to none. Otherwise, when the alarm rings, you'll also hear the notification sound.

Q. Why is my slow-mo videos stuttering?

A: It seems to be a known bug currently. Developers are aware of the bug and are working on it. The fix could be released in future update.

Please go through this Q&A before making any bug reports and attach the logs with the reports.

Thank you :good:
    Q&A Source

Hydrogen OS Android P beta released.

That's Hydrogen OS though.

Alright, I want to touch base on some things going on within this thread real quick, just because someone decided to ditch the NDA over the Chinese forums doesn't mean OxygenOS team would do the same. I have mentioned in the past that both these teams are different, testers are different, user base is different and that is why the ROM's are different.

As the Chinese variant does not have to go through the Google certifications/Security Patch testing, they usually get the builds done quicker which is not the case with the OxygenOS builds. Also the user base for OxygenOS users is huge and completely different in comparison the H2OS with various worldwide regions and sometimes different builds for the same version depending on regions like separate builds for EU/IN/US and ROW which further have to undergo carrier certifications.

Having said that let me assure you that the OxygenOS team is also working on the next release and hopefully the team would be able to deliver a sweet pie experience before the holidays this year :fingers-crossed:

Thank you for your understanding, patience and continued support :highfive:
    Download Section & Flashing Instructions moved to OP and thread now maintained by:

Thread Contributors:
    @shadowstep
    @geko95gek
    @Funk Wizard