[Official][PIE] AOSCP (CypherOS project) [P20 pro]

Search This thread

sfoot13

Apr 24, 2013
www.flickr.com
@dladz Try with AEX from honor view 10 forum.
You'll need to wipe data with stock recovery.
If you have problems with battery draining, just delete the nfc files (apk and other files stored on system).
Hope it works better for you.

Reactions: dladz

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Hey, thank you man, i just jumped over to PIE so this is music to my ears.

This is my first port of call for flashing ROM's

Cheers mate.

Just trying to work out the flashing process, huawei is so messed up compared to other phones man.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Dude what in the holy s*** is that boot animation? Why would you do that to us? Lol i'm so glad i wasn't in public put it that way.

Having a horrible time on pie, flahed your aicp rom, internal memory is still encrypted for some reason, can't use camera, so assumed it was in need of a format, tried a format, it got stuck, left it for a long time.

Forced a shut down (i had no choice)

Can't use eRecovery as it says it can't get the package to restore, but after wiping from there TWRP worked.

So re-installed the rom after installing the keep decrypted zip.

Now after the installation the OS won't be and TWRP doesn't show anything, stuck on logo.

Trying to get to recovery again but it feels like i'm starting to go round in circles.

Hoping i haven't borked anything.

Any ideas how to revert back to a functional anything?

recovered by flashing a bunch of files from the bootloader using the fastboot command.

cust
kernel
vendor
userdata
system
cache
recovery_ramdisk

i had to extract these files from the firmware i downloaded, i was on 190 so downloaded 190.

Just in case anyone else ends up here.

PIE is crap btw, i wish i'd have stayed on oreo. Had so much more.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Reflashed the rom again, still didn't work. Currently on 9.0.0.190

Reflashing all the img files again to get my phone back.

read carefully the op.....

"ROM Firmware Required: 9.0.0.195 also read post #3"

If minimum required is v195 then its v195 not 190.
Also if your data is still encrypted during first boot, then you did something wrong. During 1st boot , then yes it gets encrypted again because p20 pro is encrypted by default. Too bad TWRP is useless and can't decrypt.
- Im unaware of the keep decrypted zip as i want it encrypted and also i never flash anything i don't need.
To restore/fix your phone or to go back to stock , there is an easier method than doing them manually.
The flash tool from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...awei-p20-pro-charlotte-l29c432b131-8-t3809964
using your firmware version (the right one for your model) is bringing everything back with just a click and a few taps.

**Oh about the logo... i didn't do that. These files are in "cust" partition. These logos were already there from stock huawei firmware and for some reason i don't know, because i never looked up to it, we see them.
I don't know what you saw, but when i use my vodafone sim card as a 1st sim, i see a black guy doing some stupid sexy dancing............ i hate it too..... but i'm bored to look for it and delete it manually from cust.

No. You were right. Just checked it and its the normal boot animation.... wtf with those guys in AICP.... im changing it during this week.
Really sorry about that boot animation. I thought of it as being something in cust partition and I ignored it.

EDIT: @dladz , They told me it was a prank for April.

Last edited:

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8 Pro
read carefully the op.....

"ROM Firmware Required: 9.0.0.195 also read post #3"

If minimum required is v195 then its v195 not 190.

Well, that is all my fault :( Thanks man.

Also if your data is still encrypted during first boot, then you did something wrong. During 1st boot , then yes it gets encrypted again because p20 pro is encrypted by default. Too bad TWRP is useless and can't decrypt.
- Im unaware of the keep decrypted zip as i want it encrypted and also i never flash anything i don't need.
To restore/fix your phone or to go back to stock , there is an easier method than doing them manually.
The flash tool from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/hu...awei-p20-pro-charlotte-l29c432b131-8-t3809964
using your firmware version (the right one for your model) is bringing everything back with just a click and a few taps.

**Oh about the logo... i didn't do that. These files are in "cust" partition. These logos were already there from stock huawei firmware and for some reason i don't know, because i never looked up to it, we see them.
I don't know what you saw, but when i use my vodafone sim card as a 1st sim, i see a black guy doing some stupid sexy dancing............ i hate it too..... but i'm bored to look for it and delete it manually from cust.

No. You were right. Just checked it and its the normal boot animation.... wtf with those guys in AICP.... im changing it during this week.
Really sorry about that boot animation. I thought of it as being something in cust partition and I ignored it.

EDIT: @dladz , They told me it was a prank for April.

Looool i thought it was like a little two fingers up to the people who wanted more than just the ROM you made :D I saw the funny side but jesus imagine my wife was watching me "So you've spent 4 hours fixing your phone and now you're watching men gyrating!!!?!?!?"

Haha no harm mate, and in all fairness i guess i needed a little kick into learning more about this phone, kind of a crash course but it's helped me have a deeper understanding now. So all's well.

Just terrified to commit to flashing anything now, I suppose I could upgrade using the manual method to 195 right?

Might do that, but for now i'm enjoying having a phone that actually boots ;)

Cheers man.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

@dladz Try with AEX from honor view 10 forum.
You'll need to wipe data with stock recovery.
If you have problems with battery draining, just delete the nfc files (apk and other files stored on system).
Hope it works better for you.

Is that a PIE ROM Mate?

I've just got my phone set up, rooted and running ok but on PIE stock, there's a lot i hate about it, in time i'll force myself to get another rom on there.

Have written a guide for people who fall into the same issue, I missed the 195 firmware text in the OP, my own stupid fault.

With the stock recovery wipe, is that definitely necessary? Wouldn't a wipe in TWRP do the same? Or doesn't it have access?

Cheers tho i'll keep it in mind, i guess i need to update past 190 though, perhaps i'm behind everyone.

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Haha he's a massive clown isn't it. Jesus..

Thought that current Huawei devices were ok?? It's just future ones?

I'll have a crack tomorrow, I'm just enjoying everything working at the moment.

US command to ban Huawei affects all of us.
Huawei never shared working sources for our phone. They shared a source for all their CLT series which we have to make it work somehow.
So as things stand right now, if Huawei doesn't share a working source for L29, i don't see android Q ever booting. And stock Android Q is not gonna make it, unless they include p20 pro to their devices that will get their newly created OS which is not public yet.
If nothing changes , as things are right now, this is the end of the line. We can only maintain Pie.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8 Pro
US command to ban Huawei affects all of us.
Huawei never shared working sources for our phone. They shared a source for all their CLT series which we have to make it work somehow.
So as things stand right now, if Huawei doesn't share a working source for L29, i don't see android Q ever booting. And stock Android Q is not gonna make it, unless they include p20 pro to their devices that will get their newly created OS which is not public yet.
If nothing changes , as things are right now, this is the end of the line. We can only maintain Pie.

Tbh its probably going to be resolved.

Off the back of all this crap banning Huawei, ARM had just cancelled all it's contracts with Huawei which means they can't even make their own chip as it would still have to be based on their architecture, this obviously isn't going to stay that way, Huawei it China isn't going to walk away from all that money.

China will step in and probably strike a deal, minus a few sanctions..

Saying that, I'll have sold this phone way before Q even tries to get going.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8 Pro
@kessaras

I just flashed the PIE version of the berkerley rom i used on oreo, i had to edit the berkerley lines from the ROM so it installed to charlotte but it worked.

This was the process

1 Edited rom of all parts berkerely ie: update script

2 Use newest TWRP 3.3.0.2

3 Flash both AOSIP and MindtheG-Apps

4. Boot to recovery

5. Fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk the original recovery

6. Wipe data factory reset

7. Boot and set up

I'm going to update to 195 at some point and install your ROM too.

I've been at this since last night about midnight, just couldn't get my head around decrypting, eventually i realised i didn't have to, it was the flashing of the original recovery to perform a factory wipe which eluded me.

Finally in business on PIE with something that resembles an OS i'd want to use :) (as does yours ;) )

Looks a hell of a lot like your AICP rom minus the gay guy :D (i know you've removed it)

Good times, finally on the p20 pro, bit late but better late than never.

Last edited:

raffabraz

Nov 12, 2016
Lisbon
Hello, yesterday I flash your last update on my clt but somehow I only boot with broken launcher and can't set up my device ( there early setup where you put our email etc)
I did all the steps and flashed with mind the g.
BTW I have firmware 270

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello, yesterday I flash your last update on my clt but somehow I only boot with broken launcher and can't set up my device ( there early setup where you put our email etc)
I did all the steps and flashed with mind the g.
BTW I have firmware 270

So you used mindtheG-apps and it installed correctly yes? So were you prompted to set up your device or did it just show you the launcher on boot? Was the playstore installed when you opened the app drawer? any errors in twrp when installing?

Might be an idea to try this method.

1.Download the ROM and Mind the G-apps and put them in your ADB folder

3 Push both the ROM and Gapps to tmp, then flash both AOSCP and MindtheG-Apps, DO NOT BOOT // REBOOT YET!

4. Boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader from TWRP)

5. Fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk the original recovery (this will need to be in your ADB Folder, it's called recovery_ramdis,img)

6. Fastboot reboot / quickly - disconnect cable and hold up, Wipe data factory reset in official recovery.

Done - Boot and set up

Obviously back up before doing this.

Worked for me on another ROM.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: raffabraz

raffabraz

Nov 12, 2016
Lisbon
So you used mindtheG-apps and it installed correctly yes? So were you prompted to set up your device or did it just show you the launcher on boot? Was the playstore installed when you opened the app drawer? any errors in twrp when installing?

Might be an idea to try this method.

1.Download the ROM and Mind the G-apps and put them in your ADB folder

3 Push both the ROM and Gapps to tmp, then flash both AOSCP and MindtheG-Apps, DO NOT BOOT // REBOOT YET!

4. Boot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader from TWRP)

5. Fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk the original recovery (this will need to be in your ADB Folder, it's called recovery_ramdis,img)

6. Fastboot reboot / quickly - disconnect cable and hold up, Wipe data factory reset in official recovery.

Done - Boot and set up

Obviously back up before doing this.

Worked for me on another ROM.

Hope this helps.
Yes I did similar to what you said above. No, no prompted to set up or play store installed. Only had launcher and only could press back to go back. If I click on center did nothing. Also quick settings show me only the first line. ?

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8 Pro
Yes I did similar to what you said above. No, no prompted to set up or play store installed. Only had launcher and only could press back to go back. If I click on center did nothing. Also quick settings show me only the first line. ?

Then G-apps has not installed correctly.

Go through the steps i have written out.

Do not forget the wipe in stock recovery, that was a big miss by me, but it matters.

Also the TWRP version you use matters too. Avoid the unofficial one for this.

I think it may be the factory reset / wipe data in stock recovery that you've missed, it has to be STOCK recovery, TWRP will not clean up correctly :) No idea why but it doesn't lol.

Give it a try.

raffabraz

Nov 12, 2016
Lisbon
Then G-apps has not installed correctly.

Go through the steps i have written out.

Do not forget the wipe in stock recovery, that was a big miss by me, but it matters.

Also the TWRP version you use matters too. Avoid the unofficial one for this.

I think it may be the factory reset / wipe data in stock recovery that you've missed, it has to be STOCK recovery, TWRP will not clean up correctly :) No idea why but it doesn't lol.

Give it a try.

OK, I'll do it again tonight, simple gaaps, mind the gaaps or the normal gaaps?
Thanks

Reactions: dladz

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8 Pro
OK, I'll do it again tonight, simple gaaps, mind the gaaps or the normal gaaps?
Thanks

The one in the op should be MindTheG-Apps

It had to install without error, no red writing.

Use twrp (official) v 3.3.0.2 you have to push to it.

ADB push MindTheG-Apps (or name of file) /tmp

Oh actually he lists simple G-Apps in the OP try that instead. Then if it fails go with mind the.

Good luck

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Is it possible to flash this ROM on the 9.0.0.270 firmware?

who knows......
me i can't get those updates. There isn't any full ota package released for l29-c432 beyond 195.
If nothing changed in kernel since 195 then it will boot fine.

What do you have to lose ?
If you are thinking about it, it means that you are prepared to wipe data partition. Worst case is that it doesn't boot and you flash back the huawei rom.

Let us all know if it will boot.

EDIT:
You can also try this if it doesn't boot.
You may try flashing only kernel.img in kernel partition manually in fastboot. flashing the v195 kernel it will boot for sure.
Flashing only kernel is not dangerous, it's not part of the bootloader stack so it won't hard brick the device.
Just careful you don't flash the kernel in any other partition.
Code:
fastboot flash kernel kernel.img

Last edited:

djlukas1983

Aug 20, 2009
Project Treble
who knows......
me i can't get those updates. There isn't any full ota package released for l29-c432 beyond 195.
If nothing changed in kernel since 195 then it will boot fine.

What do you have to lose ?
If you are thinking about it, it means that you are prepared to wipe data partition. Worst case is that it doesn't boot and you flash back the huawei rom.

Let us all know if it will boot.

EDIT:
You can also try this if it doesn't boot.
You may try flashing only kernel.img in kernel partition manually in fastboot. flashing the v195 kernel it will boot for sure.
Flashing only kernel is not dangerous, it's not part of the bootloader stack so it won't hard brick the device.
Just careful you don't flash the kernel in any other partition.
I've asked because I'm on lineage os 16 and there is a problem in flashing it, and I have to delete some lines in updater script to make flashing possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3vjolGj.png

14641447294_e3848ae23b_o.png
    14640377701_f4624455af_o.png

14641445764_3647dedef2_o.png

This is CypherOS. An extension to the pure Android. Cypher tries to maintain the purity of Android while offering the most useful features to the users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.

14457022368_6c86cc8a5f_o.png

· Ambient Display and Ambient Weather by Chris

· Internal Color Manager by Chris

· "Now playing" in lockscreen by Chris

· Statusbar - Quick pulldown, Smart pulldown, Network traffic indicators, Statusbar icon customization, Carrier Labels, Clock and Date custimization.

· Quick Settings - QS rows and columns, Wi-Fi easy toggle, Data easy toggle and more

· System - Screenshot types (Fullscreen and Partial area select)

· Notifications - Force expanded notifications, Show notification count, Heads up customization, and Notification LED control.

· Battery LED customisation

14643627885_a7a29d4c3a_o.png

!!! Flash on your own risk !!!
    We will not take any responsibility for bricked devices or lost data. So please watch out!

If you are coming from stock EMUI:
    - WIPE data and cache in stock recovery_ramdisk
    - While plugged in, hold vol down during reboot to boot to bootloader
    - Flash TWRP in recovery_ramdisk partition
    - fastboot reboot and unplug cable and hold vol up until you see the TWRP logo

If you are coming from another rom:
    - Format data in stock huawei recovery before flashing AOSCP

- *if your p20 pro doesn't boot after flashing the rom, flash the stock PIE KERNEL.img to kernel partition.

If you are already running AOSCP:
    - Reboot to TWRP
    - Flash rom, gapps (Always flash gapps because only the official builds support OTAs)
    - Reboot and
    - Enjoy CypherOS on your device!

14456959720_199e350b32_o.png

NOT ADDED YET

14643627345_51a71085af_o.png

[01/02/19]
    - Initial release
    [05/02/19]
    - Fixed bluetooth A2DP
    - Fixed gps accuracy
    [06/02/19]
    - Notch placement fixed
    [09/02/19]
    - FRP Navigation fixed
    [11/02/19]
    - Gralloc error : buffer descriptor contains invalid usage bits 0x4000000 fixed | but Neflix still has gralloc issues to be fixed
    - Added Network Traffic on expanded notification area
    - Added battery styles on status bar

14456959240_933892d9e2_o.png

UNOFFICIAL TWRP maintained by me
    Official AOSCP Website
    AOSCP Unofficial builds by me
    Open Gapps ARM64 9.0
    Always download latest build of TWRP and ROM
    Root with Magisk NOT TESTED , I got no idea. Problems with root should be in Magisk thread, do not even ask me

Code:

14457221317_681049c5ec_o.png

Join the Community CypherOS on G+

Join us in Crowdin CypherOS on Crowdin to help us get AOSCP to your language

Join our help Community
    14641445724_69076bd8e2_o.png

- CypherOS
    - LineageOS
    - LuK1337
    - and me ofc

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Official][PIE] AOSCP (CypherOS project) [P20 pro], ROM for the Huawei P20 Pro

Contributors
    kessaras
    Source Code: https://github.com/CypherOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 9.0.0.195 also read post #3
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-02-01

Created 2019-02-01
    Last Updated 2019-06-16
    Reserved

(in this post i will edit and add useful links and information)

1 )
    just in case you don't already know it, when you dirty flash an update of my unofficial builds, you also have to dirty flash your gapps package too.
    Only in the official builds the OTA can survive the gapps installation.
    2)
    For Huawei camera app --> press here
    Reserved

i will use this post to make announcements.
    Its easier to see announcements here.

Keep in mind that im working way too many hours and i won't be able to maintain it daily.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 )
    You need firmware 9.0.0.195 or newer.
    Any firmware update since v195 has the same kernel, they are only security patches and minor bug fixes in EMUI 9.
    Currently i'm at v270 and everything is fine. If you are already on v195 or newer , there is no reason at all to update to the latest because we only need the kernel, we don't care about the EMUI security patches and fixes.
    NFC and Stock Camera are working?
    Sorry I can't test nfc with payments. For file transfer it works.
    The problem is that in Greece we are 500 years behind. Until we start using nfc payments here , in other countries people will use aeroplanes instead of cars.
    Yes stock camera app of aoscp works. Also Google camera mods work. I don't know about the Huawei camera app, I don't have time to test.

GPS navigation has some issue but I already fixed it and I'm pushing an update.
    I also fixed aspect ratio and if you or anybody else finds a bug , report it asap with a logcat.

Hi,
    i have a Big problem.
    I have a p20 pro with emui 8.1 and patch november 2018.
    I want test modding rom but is impossible unlocked the bootloader.
    I ask a ministry of solution but i said that impossible because P20 is totaly blocked.
    Please give me a solution!!!!
    Best regards
    You can't.
    Locked means locked. Sorry.
    There is a way to unlock but it needs an algorithm to run and test bits until it finds your unlock code.
    And since I don t see many devs here , I don t think that anyone will do that and make this algorithm.
    Only if you pay to unlock it.
    FRP navigation fixed.
    One bug remain there; After reboot we just have to disable-enable the frp navigation and it will work fine again.

I was working on the battery styles and i forgot to revert before i share the build, but ok.
    You will just have no battery icon, or Circle battery icon. In this build only, the default portrait/landscape battery icon is broken.
    It's already uploading.
    Hi I like your roms
    but it's a little bit difficult to install
    Whats difficult ?
    You adb push in the temporary directory because whatever you push in there, it gets deleted on reboot, so you skip the step to remove junk.

if you can't adb push inside the temporary directory, use gui.
    Plug in your device after you boot to TWRP and copy paste the rom and gapps inside.
    Hit install in TWRP and install them.

Sorry but it's up to people to "pressure" the TWRP maintainer to fix TWRP.
    It's also up to people to practically ask for a debug TWRP build and help him fix it.
    Also i don't see people hitting any thanks button.
    If people don't care then the whoever dev is, doesn't care too since he can personally use the phone in whatever way he likes. No need for him to do "extra" work.