[Official][PIE] AOSCP (CypherOS project) [P20 pro]

Search This thread

raffabraz

Nov 12, 2016
Lisbon
who knows......
me i can't get those updates. There isn't any full ota package released for l29-c432 beyond 195.
If nothing changed in kernel since 195 then it will boot fine.

What do you have to lose ?
If you are thinking about it, it means that you are prepared to wipe data partition. Worst case is that it doesn't boot and you flash back the huawei rom.

Let us all know if it will boot.

EDIT:
You can also try this if it doesn't boot.
You may try flashing only kernel.img in kernel partition manually in fastboot. flashing the v195 kernel it will boot for sure.
Flashing only kernel is not dangerous, it's not part of the bootloader stack so it won't hard brick the device.
Just careful you don't flash the kernel in any other partition.
Code:
fastboot flash kernel kernel.img
https://androidhost.ru/Uss this is the last full package otg ;)

Reactions: kessaras

raffabraz

Nov 12, 2016
Lisbon
So i did install the rom and gaaps, somehow last version of twrp didnt install gapps sucessefully in sideload. But now I dont have any AOSCP settings like recents and screen colors. :(

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
thats a great help , thank you.
i will test it this weekend and if it works, then ill update our customs too to work with v270.
Where do these come from if huawei never released them ? o_O

EDIT:
nvm i don't wanna know. Every china website has these. China and smartphones coming from there is a mystery to me...
Thank you for link

Last edited:
Reactions: raffabraz

raffabraz

Nov 12, 2016
Lisbon
thats a great help , thank you.
i will test it this weekend and if it works, then ill update our customs too to work with v270.
Where do these come from if huawei never released them ? o_O

EDIT:
nvm i don't wanna know. Every china website has these. China and smartphones coming from there is a mystery to me...
Thank you for link

I dont even know ahah. Those files have the files for otg and even the instructions :confused:
Btw your last update have all the features? I dont have any settings like recents and others

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190530-190542.png
    Screenshot_20190530-190542.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 202

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
I dont even know ahah. Those files have the files for otg and even the instructions :confused:
Btw your last update have all the features? I dont have any settings like recents and others
Last update has even less features because Chris (Lead dev) want's to keep it as closer to stable without adding faulty parts of codes. So even a small unimportant error it's enough to not get the feature.
He is working on some more features but you will all see them when he does the official release.
Silly question is there a video on how to install this? I've flashed many roms on my Samsung phones over the years but feel nervous doing it with this phone
No video. Just keep in mind that TWRP is not decrypting. It's propably a TWRP from honor devices (i'm guessing, it may not be true. im bored to look at it) and happens to work here too.
So you wipe data partition when you still have the official huawei recovery. You do NOT let the stock rom boot again because it will encrypt again.
You directly reboot holding vol down and then you flash TWRP in bootloader mode, unplug and reboot while holding vol up to boot TWRP.
You plug in, you push the files you want to flash to /tmp partition (everything in tmp gets deleted on reboot so you don't need to "clean up" when you are done)
You press install button, you navigate to /tmp and flash rom, gapps (specific gapps mentioned in OP) and then maybe the huawei camera app if you want it.

*you must be on firmware v195 for all our custom roms to boot. any firmware below 195 won't do. if you are on 190 , then you won't boot. Still unknown if newer firmware than v195 works.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcushesketh1991

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
yup it worked. The firmware package was correct, i'm at v270 now and during this week i'll go custom again and see if there are any errors to fix. :good:
No custom ROM can be flashed on a locked bootloader. You're at at the mercy of Huawei.

Email trump. :D

Joking aside. No.

Which makes me wonder..... the update package will come as an OTA , they will reboot and suddenly see the ARK OS logo ? lol

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8 Pro
Lmfao one thing tho with this rom with the growing bans will it support updates if huawei gets totaly banned from google support and updates?

Honestly, I don't care about them.

The updates via firmware can be ingested by the cook if they see fit. But personally I just want speed, stability, stamina and settings. Lots and lots of settings.

When did you buy your device? If it's quite new, I'd see about a refund get yourself a 1+7pro

mentalghost

Mar 1, 2012
Honestly, I don't care about them.

The updates via firmware can be ingested by the cook if they see fit. But personally I just want speed, stability, stamina and settings. Lots and lots of settings.

When did you buy your device? If it's quite new, I'd see about a refund get yourself a 1+7pro

Was over a year ago and still got another year remaining on contract.

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Aye same here. A little less I think. Going to sell it anyway. Never again Huawei..

why ?
huawei didnt say that it won't support this phone.
If you like EMUI so much then ok.....
Here we only need the firmware to make our life easier. We don't care if its EMUI or ARK or whatever OS, we don't care if google will ban Huawei. It's a custom rom......
And if we never get Android Q from Huawei , we will still get Q. It will just make my life hard because i will have to try get a kernel to boot......

Reactions: ~clumsy~ and LJAM96

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8 Pro
why ?
huawei didnt say that it won't support this phone.
If you like EMUI so much then ok.....
Here we only need the firmware to make our life easier. We don't care if its EMUI or ARK or whatever OS, we don't care if google will ban Huawei. It's a custom rom......
And if we never get Android Q from Huawei , we will still get Q. It will just make my life hard because i will have to try get a kernel to boot......

Honestly. Choice. Stability within custom ROMs.

Coming from the OnePlus 5 to this is a hell of a drop.

Device has potential but it never got utilised..

Plus they won't unlock the bootloader again so how could you install a custom ROM without that?

I hate EMUI.. It's just horrific

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3vjolGj.png

14641447294_e3848ae23b_o.png
    14640377701_f4624455af_o.png

14641445764_3647dedef2_o.png

This is CypherOS. An extension to the pure Android. Cypher tries to maintain the purity of Android while offering the most useful features to the users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.

14457022368_6c86cc8a5f_o.png

· Ambient Display and Ambient Weather by Chris

· Internal Color Manager by Chris

· "Now playing" in lockscreen by Chris

· Statusbar - Quick pulldown, Smart pulldown, Network traffic indicators, Statusbar icon customization, Carrier Labels, Clock and Date custimization.

· Quick Settings - QS rows and columns, Wi-Fi easy toggle, Data easy toggle and more

· System - Screenshot types (Fullscreen and Partial area select)

· Notifications - Force expanded notifications, Show notification count, Heads up customization, and Notification LED control.

· Battery LED customisation

14643627885_a7a29d4c3a_o.png

!!! Flash on your own risk !!!
    We will not take any responsibility for bricked devices or lost data. So please watch out!

If you are coming from stock EMUI:
    - WIPE data and cache in stock recovery_ramdisk
    - While plugged in, hold vol down during reboot to boot to bootloader
    - Flash TWRP in recovery_ramdisk partition
    - fastboot reboot and unplug cable and hold vol up until you see the TWRP logo

If you are coming from another rom:
    - Format data in stock huawei recovery before flashing AOSCP

- *if your p20 pro doesn't boot after flashing the rom, flash the stock PIE KERNEL.img to kernel partition.

If you are already running AOSCP:
    - Reboot to TWRP
    - Flash rom, gapps (Always flash gapps because only the official builds support OTAs)
    - Reboot and
    - Enjoy CypherOS on your device!

14456959720_199e350b32_o.png

NOT ADDED YET

14643627345_51a71085af_o.png

[01/02/19]
    - Initial release
    [05/02/19]
    - Fixed bluetooth A2DP
    - Fixed gps accuracy
    [06/02/19]
    - Notch placement fixed
    [09/02/19]
    - FRP Navigation fixed
    [11/02/19]
    - Gralloc error : buffer descriptor contains invalid usage bits 0x4000000 fixed | but Neflix still has gralloc issues to be fixed
    - Added Network Traffic on expanded notification area
    - Added battery styles on status bar

14456959240_933892d9e2_o.png

UNOFFICIAL TWRP maintained by me
    Official AOSCP Website
    AOSCP Unofficial builds by me
    Open Gapps ARM64 9.0
    Always download latest build of TWRP and ROM
    Root with Magisk NOT TESTED , I got no idea. Problems with root should be in Magisk thread, do not even ask me

Code:

14457221317_681049c5ec_o.png

Join the Community CypherOS on G+

Join us in Crowdin CypherOS on Crowdin to help us get AOSCP to your language

Join our help Community
    14641445724_69076bd8e2_o.png

- CypherOS
    - LineageOS
    - LuK1337
    - and me ofc

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Official][PIE] AOSCP (CypherOS project) [P20 pro], ROM for the Huawei P20 Pro

Contributors
    kessaras
    Source Code: https://github.com/CypherOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 9.0.0.195 also read post #3
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-02-01

Created 2019-02-01
    Last Updated 2019-06-16
    Reserved

(in this post i will edit and add useful links and information)

1 )
    just in case you don't already know it, when you dirty flash an update of my unofficial builds, you also have to dirty flash your gapps package too.
    Only in the official builds the OTA can survive the gapps installation.
    2)
    For Huawei camera app --> press here
    Reserved

i will use this post to make announcements.
    Its easier to see announcements here.

Keep in mind that im working way too many hours and i won't be able to maintain it daily.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 )
    You need firmware 9.0.0.195 or newer.
    Any firmware update since v195 has the same kernel, they are only security patches and minor bug fixes in EMUI 9.
    Currently i'm at v270 and everything is fine. If you are already on v195 or newer , there is no reason at all to update to the latest because we only need the kernel, we don't care about the EMUI security patches and fixes.
    NFC and Stock Camera are working?
    Sorry I can't test nfc with payments. For file transfer it works.
    The problem is that in Greece we are 500 years behind. Until we start using nfc payments here , in other countries people will use aeroplanes instead of cars.
    Yes stock camera app of aoscp works. Also Google camera mods work. I don't know about the Huawei camera app, I don't have time to test.

GPS navigation has some issue but I already fixed it and I'm pushing an update.
    I also fixed aspect ratio and if you or anybody else finds a bug , report it asap with a logcat.

Hi,
    i have a Big problem.
    I have a p20 pro with emui 8.1 and patch november 2018.
    I want test modding rom but is impossible unlocked the bootloader.
    I ask a ministry of solution but i said that impossible because P20 is totaly blocked.
    Please give me a solution!!!!
    Best regards
    You can't.
    Locked means locked. Sorry.
    There is a way to unlock but it needs an algorithm to run and test bits until it finds your unlock code.
    And since I don t see many devs here , I don t think that anyone will do that and make this algorithm.
    Only if you pay to unlock it.
    FRP navigation fixed.
    One bug remain there; After reboot we just have to disable-enable the frp navigation and it will work fine again.

I was working on the battery styles and i forgot to revert before i share the build, but ok.
    You will just have no battery icon, or Circle battery icon. In this build only, the default portrait/landscape battery icon is broken.
    It's already uploading.
    Hi I like your roms
    but it's a little bit difficult to install
    Whats difficult ?
    You adb push in the temporary directory because whatever you push in there, it gets deleted on reboot, so you skip the step to remove junk.

if you can't adb push inside the temporary directory, use gui.
    Plug in your device after you boot to TWRP and copy paste the rom and gapps inside.
    Hit install in TWRP and install them.

Sorry but it's up to people to "pressure" the TWRP maintainer to fix TWRP.
    It's also up to people to practically ask for a debug TWRP build and help him fix it.
    Also i don't see people hitting any thanks button.
    If people don't care then the whoever dev is, doesn't care too since he can personally use the phone in whatever way he likes. No need for him to do "extra" work.