• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Official Pie beta ota files for Factory Unlocked variant SM-G960U1

Search This thread

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
I noticed csab is out for the u version. Any word yet about official pie for u1? Guess we'll have to odin or adb sideload since the SD card is still broken on this beta?
No word on official Pie for 960/5 U1. I can almost guarantee you it will be after all the major carriers certify and roll out the U firmware, though. When that happens I doubt it will be long, especially if they all end up certifying the current official U firmware version. Right now if you flash the official U, you'll basically be converting your phone from U1 to U and it'll load you up with default apps for whatever carrier SIM you've got.

No word on official Pie for 960/5 U1. I can almost guarantee you it will be after all the major carriers certify and roll out the U firmware, though. When that happens I doubt it will be long, especially if they all end up certifying the current official U firmware version. Right now if you flash the official U, you'll basically be converting your phone from U1 to U and it'll load you up with default apps for whatever carrier SIM you've got.
That's why I'm staying with this beta, I don't want bloatware crap on my phone

Philosuffer

Jun 14, 2010
I just got a G960U1, currently it's on G960U1UES3ARJ6; software update wants to download RL1.
Is there a path to Pie for me?
THanks

If you wanted to flash the PIE beta files in the original post in this thread, you'd have to odin back to ARJ2 firmware. However, with official PIE seemingly around the corner (hopefully shortly after T-Mobile releases their update) it's probably not worth the effort, in my opinion, unless you just love flashing.

Reactions: d0g

777300ER

Jul 17, 2015
Currently still on ARJ2 and I'd like to try this out. Every time I try to flash beta one I keep getting "cannot read 'beta1.zip'" Have been trying to troubleshoot this for over an hour now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official beta build was pulled directly from the phone that downloaded the OTA update. These are not the leaked builds like before but rather official beta ota builds pushed by Samsung.

Please read the Title properly before asking if it will work on SM-G960F variant. This OTA is only for US factory unlocked model. And do not ask me if I can pull firmware for Exynos variant.

This post will be updated a soon as new official builds will be available.

Beta 1/ZRK9:
    This OTA file can be flashed directly from recovery but user needs to be on specific build. In this case user must be on Latest Oreo Firmware ARJ2
    ARJ2 to ZRK9: https://mega.nz/#!TjwGxYqa!o2sJ49Stk2GzUFhFXX1Hed8hSOsAVkfaBPVRWY989QM

Beta 2/ZRKJ:
    This OTA file can be flashed directly from recovery but user needs to be on specific build. In this case user must be on Beta 1 (ZRK9)
    ZRK9 to ZRKJ: https://mega.nz/#!ri4CxSba!rHDSXcTwe84tctx2OvJUdYcrCYAFQHe8iVJ7Xe343YQ

Hotfix1(ZRKJ-to-ZRKP)/ZRKP:
    This OTA file can be flashed directly from recovery but user needs to be on specific build. In this case user must be on Beta 2 (ZRKJ)
    ZRKJ to ZRKP: https://mega.nz/#!37wSgQbB!uHrz1VfD62AVX0D6buq625XlrDB_3gikY_iQ5p0-MhI

Beta 3(ZRKP-to-ZRL5)/ZRL5:
    This OTA file can be flashed directly from recovery but user needs to be on specific build. In this case user must be on Hotfix 1 (ZRKP)
    ZRKJ to ZRKP: https://mega.nz/#!vuIRHSrB!9QKURQcLzCZAOu8VHLRE2OAH2uFD7lD5rMRLRLaue-I

Note: All the future builds will be incremental and can only be flashed from specific pie build to another. For example Beta 2 will be flashable from Beta 1. Users won't have to flash back to Oreo and than flash next pie builds like when leaked builds were available.

This is how updates are going to be:
    ARJ2--> Beta 1 (ZRK9) --> Beta 2 --> Beta 3 --> Beta 4 .........................................
    Beta 2 link for for U1 S9 is up on OP now
    ZRL5 is out for g960U1 : Beta 3 - ZRL5
    Just downloaded it and installed it . Im uploading the firmware right now so I can post it . So you can always do it manually or if you want to convert over from another firmware.

Here is the link for the G960U1 Version , It must be done via Odin : https://drive.google.com/open?id=13ZiE3CejUGd_D2dDwPeaYtHeUNGS4-am
    High level steps to sideload: Download adb minimal tools from androidfilehost and extract files. Download and install Samsung Android driver from Samsung. Download beta2.zip from this thread to the same folder you extracted adb minimal tools. Reboot phone to recovery by powering off, then vol+, bixby key held while powering on. Pick apply update from adb option, plug phone into computer and open elevated command prompt window on computer. Change folder to the adb and beta2.zip files folder. Type command adb start-server then adb sideload beta2.zip. Sit back and have a coffee.