General Official Poco F3 MIUI 13 Global Stable Update SKHEUXM 13.0.3.0 Android 12 Is Out for Alioth_eea

Search This thread

Poco76

Apr 28, 2021
Not just me then. I know updates these days can be hit or miss but this has been the worst by far on any gadget.
  • My camera has stopped working, just like you - it closes once you take a pic (videos seem to work and using the camera in WhatsApp is fine)
  • I can't screenshot any more - just says "couldn't save"
  • This green icon appears randomly at the top left of my screen (looks like a battery or camera icon), and always shows on the lock screen
  • I think my battery is being weird, went to see Batman and it dropped from ~40% to ~15% seemingly doing nothing
  • Only happened once so far but the screen acted as if it was running at a very low refresh rate for a brief period
  • It's changed the colour scheme of my Google Calendar categories
This phone has been pretty decent with only the camera in anything but great light been the biggest let down, but it's really starting to show 'you get what you pay for' with this update. Will factory reset when I get the chance.
Hadn't tried screenshots but get the same issue. Takes it but won't let you save. Have checked in file manager and they're not there, unlike photos which are at least saved somewhere.

Get the green icon when using the camera and a few other things. Think the idea is to notify you when a camera etc is being used but seems pointless.

Would go to a custom ROM but this is my only phone and need things like banking apps to definitely work. Appreciate this is a developer forum, but you shouldn't need to be a developer to use a stock phone with stock software. Had to spend way too long in settings before the update to sort things but basic stuff like the cameras not working is a joke. You can see why the average person goes with Apple, as they just want stuff to work without having to change things. Oh for an absolutely stock Android phone with the hardware specs of a Poco and a similar price

kurtschmeichel

Oct 23, 2015
Google Nexus 4
HTC U11
No problems taking photos with POCO Camera and Google Camera. Screenshots also work.

Maybe check the read/write permissions of the apps?

The green icon indicates that the camera/microphone are in use. Do you have "Face unlock" activated ?

dbappa

Aug 8, 2010
Hadn't tried screenshots but get the same issue. Takes it but won't let you save. Have checked in file manager and they're not there, unlike photos which are at least saved somewhere.

Get the green icon when using the camera and a few other things. Think the idea is to notify you when a camera etc is being used but seems pointless.

Would go to a custom ROM but this is my only phone and need things like banking apps to definitely work. Appreciate this is a developer forum, but you shouldn't need to be a developer to use a stock phone with stock software. Had to spend way too long in settings before the update to sort things but basic stuff like the cameras not working is a joke. You can see why the average person goes with Apple, as they just want stuff to work without having to change things. Oh for an absolutely stock Android phone with the hardware specs of a Poco and a similar price
One thing that does seem to differ between us are the pictures still being saved in the DCIM folder. I have just checked using a file manager, and nothing is there other than the video I recorded to test if videos worked (once I'd discovered the camera issue). Annoyed as I had a lovely moment/picture supposedly taken of me and some family at the weekend.

Looking back, anecdotally for me, it seems that major Android updates are almost getting worse (including my previous Samsung phones).

Poco76

Apr 28, 2021
Maybe check the read/write permissions of the apps?

The green icon indicates that the camera/microphone are in use. Do you have "Face unlock" activated ?
Absolutely not a developer, so a complete guess rather than anything educated, but it does feel like there are issues with access to the memory. Photos are saved, for me at least, but the gallery app can't see them. Neither can Google Photos or Lightroom. Only the file manager can see and open them but won't let you edit them, although I have managed to upload them to Photos.

I also tried to install an apk earlier and it said there was not enough space (about 40Gb free) but another installer allowed it.

Where are read/write permissions?

I haven't got face unlock activated but do get the green icons

luca.cappellari

Oct 19, 2015
I have flashed stock V13.0.3.0.SKHEUXM on my f3, all is working except the root.
Usually i patch the boot.img with magisk but at the moment i don't yet see the fastboot rom of that version.
I have noticed that inside 13.0.3 xiaomi.eu is present a boot.img, someone know if i can patch that and use in my case?

Thanks

kurtschmeichel

Oct 23, 2015
Google Nexus 4
HTC U11
I used the boot.img from the recovery file for rooting.

You can extract the boot.img from it with payload-dumper-go for example. Or any other app that decodes the payload.bin file.

Note that I had to update the Magisk app to 24.1 in order to work. I was still running 23.0, and the root would not appear as "Installed" after flashing.

Reactions: luca.cappellari

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
No issues saving screenshots. Generally I observed no major issues except a slightly increased battery drain overnight, but battery life overall seems very similar to before.

Z750z

Dec 12, 2017
Hi, is there possible to use MIUI launcher on poco f3 & MIUI phone app/messages ?? I have official MIUI 13 (SKHEUXM). Locked bootloader .

Poco76

Apr 28, 2021

Just in case anyone else is having the issues with photos and screenshots not saving, I've found the solution on YouTube, link below. Relates to Dual Apps and needing to delete the data from that. No idea why that works, but it does. Gallery app has suddenly found images taken weeks ago

Reactions: anang1979

Amoosam

Apr 5, 2022

View attachment 5552395
First, this is Pilot Testers Rom. It won't be available till about MID-MARCH 2022. This one is EU version so I don't know if Mi 11x, Global and other regions will recieve this month.

I explained in the video how disappointed I was with Xiaomi as they had ample time to fix the MIUI 13 Mess that happened with Redmi K40 late December 2021 but obviously, Xiaomi will always be Xiaomi. The new MIUI 13 Global Stable Running Android 12 had the same quick settings status bar or control centre like MIUI 12.0.5
View attachment 5552403

I can't imagine using this quick setting and still feel that I am on MIUI 13.

The battery life is not so good. On stronger use it drops as quick as they get and average temperature is around 40°C (average day temperature here is 33°C). On very light use on Wi-Fi only I can get about 8 hours (MIUI 12.5.3 averages 10+ Hours SOT with similar Usage) on LTE only it struggles to hit 6 hours SOT.

View attachment 5552429

Few new features in AOD (Always On Display), some tweaks in the gallery and themes but will that be enough to make me feel it is MIUI 13?

A lot of MIUI 13 features missing in this update, few lags in Animations, several games not optimized bụ at least, we have official Android 12 based MIUI 13 Global Stable on Poco F3.

My advice will still be to wait a little before updating to see if Xiaomi rolls out something new.it

View attachment 5552395
First, this is Pilot Testers Rom. It won't be available till about MID-MARCH 2022. This one is EU version so I don't know if Mi 11x, Global and other regions will recieve this month.

I explained in the video how disappointed I was with Xiaomi as they had ample time to fix the MIUI 13 Mess that happened with Redmi K40 late December 2021 but obviously, Xiaomi will always be Xiaomi. The new MIUI 13 Global Stable Running Android 12 had the same quick settings status bar or control centre like MIUI 12.0.5
View attachment 5552403

The battery life is not so good. On stronger use it drops as quick as they get and average temperature is around 40°C (average day temperature here is 33°C). On very light use on Wi-Fi only I can get about 8 hours (MIUI 12.5.3 averages 10+ Hours SOT with similar Usage) on LTE only it struggles to hit 6 hours SOT.

View attachment 5552429

Few new features in AOD (Always On Display), some tweaks in the gallery and themes but will that be enough to make me feel it is MIUI 13?

A lot of MIUI 13 features missing in this update, few lags in Animations, several games not optimized bụ at least, we have official Android 12 based MIUI 13 Global Stable on Poco F3.

My advice will still be to wait a little before updating to see if Xiaomi rolls out something new.

View attachment 5552433
It was avalible for me yesterday
And tonight when I wanted to update my phone there was no update newer than miui 12.5.6 for me

jonnywells

Nov 20, 2010
My F3 updated to 13.0.3 a few days ago.

Hit 2 big issues so far.

1. 120Hz refresh seems broken. Every so often my F3 seems to randomly revert back to 60Hz.

2. WiFi speed issues. Massive drop in speed for no reason at all. Only a reboot fixes. Tried on a few different WiFi networks and it max out at 20/30mb until I reboot.

Massive pain in the area to do a full wife and have to set everything up again so really don't want to go down that route!

Randyshare

Apr 10, 2014
Can Someone Share screenshoot or screen record maybe, for all Wifi Menu In settings?
I wanna compare to My Region ID, is there missing feature Or Similar.

Zinnz

Aug 13, 2013
My F3 updated to 13.0.3 a few days ago.

Hit 2 big issues so far.

1. 120Hz refresh seems broken. Every so often my F3 seems to randomly revert back to 60Hz.

2. WiFi speed issues. Massive drop in speed for no reason at all. Only a reboot fixes. Tried on a few different WiFi networks and it max out at 20/30mb until I reboot.

Massive pain in the area to do a full wife and have to set everything up again so really don't want to go down that route!
I'm not sure about the wifi speed issues, but, your 1st issue sounds like adaptive screen refresh rate. If it is that, it's functioning as intended, lowering your screen refresh rate to 60hz on static content , and boosting to 120hz when you touch the screen.

jonnywells

Nov 20, 2010
I'm not sure about the wifi speed issues, but, your 1st issue sounds like adaptive screen refresh rate. If it is that, it's functioning as intended, lowering your screen refresh rate to 60hz on static content , and boosting to 120hz when you touch the screen.
Nothing to do with the adaptive screen rate. I know it adjust itself but when scrolling although set too 120hz it's gone back to 60hz. Confirmed this via enabling the refresh rate display in the developers settings.

Only a reboot or going back into the display settings and clicking 120hz fixes

foma2805

Dec 11, 2015
On my poco f3 on MIUI12.5... I've an issue with proximity sensor, he lives his own life. Is it global issue and is it solved in MIUI13?

Creeper36

After this update: I did Not have VoLTE enabled.. I couldnt make calls or receive calls.. I did not have an option for VoLTE in the SIM Card Settings menu.. I did enter the *#*#86583#*#* in the Phone Dialer until I got 'VoLTE carrier check disabled' back on my phone display.. I then had an option in SIM Card Settings menu to Enable/Disable VoLTE.... so by disabling the phone automatically determining whether VoLTE was present or not.. It disabled the Auto Detect and Let me manually change it.. which was already enabled.. and immediately let me make and receive calls again.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaider_516

shaider_516

Dec 22, 2010
Quezon City
After this update: I did Not have VoLTE enabled.. I couldnt make calls or receive calls.. I did not have an option for VoLTE in the SIM Card Settings menu.. I did enter the *#*#86583#*#* in the Phone Dialer until I got 'VoLTE carrier check disabled' back on my phone display.. I then had an option in SIM Card Settings menu to Enable/Disable VoLTE.... so by disabling the phone automatically determining whether VoLTE was present or not.. It disabled the Auto Detect and Let me manually change it.. which was already enabled.. and immediately let me make and receive calls again.
What? Me too lost my volte and vowifi since last update. Did the phone dialer for volte and vowifi and enabled in my phone settings but still no volte. Have you fixed yours? My IMS status is not registered.

Creeper36

What? Me too lost my volte and vowifi since last update. Did the phone dialer for volte and vowifi and enabled in my phone settings but still no volte. Have you fixed yours? My IMS status is not registered.

You did the *#*#86583#*#* in the Phone Dialer and got 'VoLTE carrier check disabled' ... You wrote Enabled.. its supposed to be DISABLED.. then the option appears in SIM Card Settings. If this is not the fix for you then I dont know what it could be.. this worked for me.. I have a VoLTE symbol in the Status Bar near cell/wifi reception indicator.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot_20220304-142529_MX Player Pro.png

Screenshot_20220304-142854_MX Player Pro.png

Screenshot_20220304-142809_MX Player Pro.png

My advice will still be to wait a little before updating to see if Xiaomi rolls out something new.

Screenshot_20220304-142727_MX Player Pro.png
    " Miui 13 = Miui 12.5 + Update Android Security Patch " (n)
    You must be very good at Maths... 😂
    " Miui 13 = Miui 12.5 + Update Android Security Patch " (n)
    Received this update OTA this morning. Regular user, NOT pilot tester.

screenshot_2022-03-09hjj7p.jpg
    Сongratulations to you mate! ,Please feedback for us about battery life compared with A11/M12.5
    I normally charge the phone after 2 or 3 days depending on usage. I will report if there's a notable change.

Google Discover feed has become extremely jerky when scrolling. It's so sluggish, that I decided to deactivate it for now.