[OFFICIAL] [Q] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

idcom

And why you format after bootup again data? That's the matter :)
And by flash you can flash all behind at same time. Lineage gapps and magisk. Then bootup that's it.

I wiped data after first boot as I wanted Google setup to run on a clear data. The first boot is to allow fde and set the pin. Gapps doesn't work if you haven't encrypted the data partition first with lineage.

yoless42

Jul 5, 2016
Erfurt
Actually I already have a problem here: I formatted/wiped nearly everything and flashed LOS - but it is not booting. So I never have a chance to set up a PIN or turn on encryption
I think I made progress: Formatting data means not any file system but specific ones - ext[2|3|4] is working probably others (f2fs would be nice) too - weird ones not.

So if the OS is not booting at all it might be a non convenient FS for /data - I re-formatted with ext4 and is is booting

caiovosilva

Aug 23, 2018
Redmi Note 10 Pro
can't boot after installing gapps

Guys, this is my first time installing a custom ROM, so I installed this lineageOS ROM, and after that I installed gapps but system won't boot and I always return to TWRP.

I tried installing gapps right after installing rom.
I also tried just installing ROM, set pin, then got back to TWRP to install gapps and system won't boot after that.

Could someone help me?

Mar 26, 2020
guys it works like a charm !!
I made a made a clean install last night from here https://lineageos.mirrorhub.io/full/twolip/
and it was a bit laggy when you pressed buttons.. dont know why, then i erase all data , reinstall and this time everything was fine. the fingerprint works as it should be and i dont have a headset to try if that work also but i have no doubt :p

it did also an update today that i believe broke magisk and i had to uninstall it, download and flash the new version from recovery

so far so good

but i noticed that i have my vendor image outdated since 2018

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/

didnt figure out what goes on with the firmwares and vendor images yet or from where we get them or who publish them

do we have to flash it manually or it will came with an update in the OS?

Last edited:

robneymcplum

Oct 22, 2007
midlands
Guys, this is my first time installing a custom ROM, so I installed this lineageOS ROM, and after that I installed gapps but system won't boot and I always return to TWRP.

I tried installing gapps right after installing rom.
I also tried just installing ROM, set pin, then got back to TWRP to install gapps and system won't boot after that.

Could someone help me?

wipe data/system/cache/dalvik
format data
install rom
install gapps
FORMAT data again
reboot
go through all the google nonsense (I skip the pin/passcode/fingerprint and do it later)
reboot TWRP
flash magisk
VOILA

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Italy
Moto Z
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
guys it works like a charm !!
I made a made a clean install last night from here https://lineageos.mirrorhub.io/full/twolip/
and it was a bit laggy when you pressed buttons.. dont know why, then i erase all data , reinstall and this time everything was fine. the fingerprint works as it should be and i dont have a headset to try if that work also but i have no doubt :p

it did also an update today that i believe broke magisk and i had to uninstall it, download and flash the new version from recovery

so far so good

but i noticed that i have my vendor image outdated since 2018

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/vendor/

didnt figure out what goes on with the firmwares and vendor images yet or from where we get them or who publish them

do we have to flash it manually or it will came with an update in the OS?
The vendor image is installed from lineage itself and it's source built. Lineage policies want me to set the vendor security patches date to the oldest library we're shipping in vendor, which are tulip's. If you check on MIUI V11.0.3.0 the security patch date for vendor is set to 2018-06-05, hence that's what we use.

ushiyama

The vendor image is installed from lineage itself and it's source built. Lineage policies want me to set the vendor security patches date to the oldest library we're shipping in vendor, which are tulip's. If you check on MIUI V11.0.3.0 the security patch date for vendor is set to 2018-06-05, hence that's what we use.

I am on MIUI EU based on MIUI 11.0.4.0, which have the security path from 2020-05-05 and usind Orange Fox Recovery.

Can i flash this latest Lineage OS on top of this setup or should i roll back (and to what version should i do it) ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-02-10-43-31-838_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-02-10-43-31-838_com.android.settings.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: privacyypolicyy

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Italy
Moto Z
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
I am on MIUI EU based on MIUI 11.0.4.0, which have the security path from 2020-05-05 and usind Orange Fox Recovery.

Can i flash this latest Lineage OS on top of this setup or should i roll back (and to what version should i do it) ?
Just switch to the latest TWRP build, wipe data and cache (also system and vendor if you want but that's optional), flash lineage + opengapps, format /data and reboot.

ushiyama

Just switch to the latest TWRP build, wipe data and cache (also system and vendor if you want but that's optional), flash lineage + opengapps, format /data and reboot.

Just flashed as this instructions. No problema so far thank you very much!

If anyone is concerned about the integrity of the ROM file here is the hash that i downloaded and used to install:
9942fe4072af1343a2b68d4e3c7bdbf6 lineage-17.1-20200602-nightly-twolip-signed.zip

OrbOutrider

Jun 3, 2020
Can anyone help? My phone now boots into twrp but it just shows the teamwin screen. Nothing works. Resetting the phone boots it back into the TWRP flash screen.

OrbOutrider

Jun 3, 2020
Please help I totally cannot use twrp anymore. I can't even flash anything with adb.

Never mind. Went back to stock. Everything's okay now. Great rom!

Last edited:

hasfran

Jun 3, 2020
wipe data/system/cache/dalvik
format data
install rom
install gapps
FORMAT data again
reboot
go through all the google nonsense (I skip the pin/passcode/fingerprint and do it later)
reboot TWRP
flash magisk
VOILA

Thanks!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Bugs :
    • You tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Notes :
    • Only clean installation please
    • Bug Report without logs means nothing
    • No stable gapps package is available as of now for Android 10
    • Encryption works and it's forced as FBE. This means you need to format your /data partition if you are unencrypted or encrypted with FDE, right before booting into the ROM.
    • SafetyNet doesn't pass as of now (Blame Google for that) and I'm not going to include any hack to make it pass
    • Magisk works but no support for it is officially provided

Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed or weird magisk modules
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for tulip, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro

Contributors
    DD3Boh, erfanoabdi, arytonex
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS[/URL]

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-09-14
    Last Updated 2020-01-04
    lineage-17.0-20190914-UNOFFICIAL-tulip
    • Initial release

lineage-17.0-20190915-UNOFFICIAL-tulip
    • Fixed device not booting on the very first boot. Yet the first boot might have some issues, if it does just force a reboot to fix

lineage-17.0-20190923-UNOFFICIAL-twolip
    • Fixed calling audio
    • Fixed bluetooth audio
    • Fixed DRM (together with Chrome frequent crashes)
    • Fixed thermal crashing
    • Fixed goodix fingerprint support
    • Fixed VoLTE
    • Fixed hotspot
    • Fixed SDcard
    • Added f2fs support
    • Kernel rebased on the latest Q CAF tag for sdm660
    • Kernel built with clang 9.0.3 as expected in Q
    • Device renaming from tulip to twolip, details here

lineage-17.0-20191126-UNOFFICIAL-twolip
    The changes in between the two builds are way too many to list them all, but let's try to sum things up a little bit.
    • 5ghz hotspot fixed
    • Kernel rebased on the latest CAF tag with qcacld update too (LA.UM.8.2.r1-04800-sdm660.0)
    • Blobs updated with CAF Q blobs
    • Radio blobs updated to the very latest Pie caf tag
    • WiFi display fixed
    • Manual network provisioning fixed
    • A lot of platform side updates with new features re-implemented
    • Added CarrierConfig for mobile network provider customized options
    • DRM fixed, so no more Chrome crashes
    • Fixed charging status not being correctly reported
    • Misc fixes (both device and platform side)

lineage-17.1-20200104-UNOFFICIAL-twolip
    Clean flash is recommended, but if you don't want to do so gapps and magisk need to be reflashed
    • Encryption fixed
    • Selinux enforcing
    • FM radio fixed
    • Aptx fixed
    • Headphones without jack fixed
    • Headphones during call fixed
    • Kernel and qcacld updated to latest CAF tag (LA.UM.8.2.r1-05100-sdm660.0)
    • Lineage source update to 17.1 (rebased on aosp r18)
    • Lineage sources update with new features re-implemented

lineage-17.1-20200104-NIGHTLY-twolip
    • This is the first OFFICIAL build of LineageOS for twolip
    • The encryption method is now FBE so if you are currently encrypted with FDE or decrypted, you need to format /data
    • The only official supported recoveries are TWRP (latest build) and lineage recovery.
    Hi everyone... it's nice to finally write something here again haha.
    After two whole months, finally a new build is up and ready to be used, with a lot of new stuff and bug fixes!
    You can find a summarized changelog in the second post of the thread together with the build link. Clean flash is suggested due to the enormous quantity of changes in this release.

I hope you appreciate my work since it is being used as base for most of other Android 10 ROMs that came out until now, even without being given the needed credits and thanks... But I won't call anyone out, don't worry.

If you enjoy using this ROM and, unlike some other people, respect the work I'm doing for this device and for making everything stable, please feel free to donate here

Enjoy :)
    FINALLY LineageOS OFFICIAL for twolip is here, for all of you
    it has taken a while, but here we are.
    I would love to write a giant changelog of all the differences compared to the older build which was a long time ago, but that would be really way too long.
    For a very short changelog and download link, check the second post of the thread.
    In case the link where you would normally get builds, which is https://download.lineageos.org/twolip, isn't available yet, don't worry, it will be soon.

If you appreciate my efforts into making this ROM Official and laying a base used by literally every other Android 10 custom ROM for twolip, please consider donating: https://www.paypal.me/dd3boh

I hope you're happy now, enjoy :D
    Hey guys, for everyone asking: YES an update will come, we all hope soon

For those who don't know, I made lineage official for twolip: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/twolip/

Builds aren't out yet for our device though, and that's because currently lineage build servers are under maintenance, so we have to wait until they're back up and running to get the very first official build released.

I hope this is a nice surprise for most of you :D
    Stay safe and have a nice day