Did you manage to resolve your problem.
I am having the same issue right now.
Аll my internal storage folder and file names have been replaced by some random letters and characters like encryption problem. Would erasing everything resolve the problem?
Also, i used the second method, using twrp and flashing the orangefox. zip, now i am reading the main method where it is saying to fastboot flash boot recovery.img. Where is that recovery.img ? it is not in the Download directory, there are only zip. and txt files.
Thank you in advanced!
Yeah i solved issue. i did a lot of things i dont remember what i did true but i will try to help you. Wipe dalvik cache data and click format data(This will wipe EVERYTHING on your internal storage). Dont reboot. Install rom zip, extract orangefox zip you will find recovery.img inside. flash it via pc. and flash orange.zip in orangefox. Flash magisk. dont reboot. flash nofdepatch10.zip try to reboot. I will be so hope if you succeed because i had same issue. it wasted my 1.5 months :/
I get the exact same problem. Really disappointed as I took time, get to understand everything, then follow step to the letter. I've always managed to do things safely on all my devices. But doing the same as usual I finally get this and get really afraid of bricking my brand new phone because I formatted data.
Is there any rom zip for official stock rom? As I want to keep the rom, I'm only trying to root it.
Hate to be that desperate guy asking for help but if someone could get me to the solution he/she would be my hero.
OrangeFox Recovery Project
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */OrangeFox is FREE SOFTWARE
Supports Treble, Miui, Custom Roms
OrangeFox Recovery R10.0_2.1 [Latest]
1- How to install OrangeFox Recovery ?
1. Download the OrangeFox zip file and copy it to your device (internal or external storage)
2. Extract the recovery.img from the zip and store it, on the folder where you have adb and fastboot files, on your PC
3. Open a cmd line and execute these commands (being on that folder, of course):
- adb devices (to make sure your device is detected)
- adb reboot bootloader (to reboot into fastboot mode)
- fastboot getvar current-slot (to check what's your current active slot)
- fastboot set_active b (if your active slot was a, if it was b then change it to a)
- fastboot erase boot
- fastboot flash boot recovery.img
- fastboot reboot (NOTE : Before hitting "Enter", long press Vol + on your device until you see the Android One logo. By doing this your device will be forced to boot into Recovery and not into System)
4. When OrangeFox recovery boots, if you have the stock boot.img that matches the build on this "currently active" slot, flash it into boot partition. If you don't have, then just ignore this step...(it's not mandatory)
5. Install the OrangeFox zip (always install the latest build available)
6. Change slot to the one that was active on the beginning of these steps and reboot to Recovery (just to make sure that the slot, in fact, was changed)
7. Reboot to System
0. Backup your ROM and all your files
1. Download the OrangeFox zip file to your device
2. Reboot to your custom TWRP-based Recovery
3. Install the OrangeFox zip file as a normal zip
4. The device will automatically reboot into OrangeFox recovery after installation (allow this to happen)
2 -How to flash rom(s) using OrangeFox Recovery:
1. Format data (TIPPING YES).
2. Flash rom zip (PE, BEAST, ATOM
3. Flash OrangeFox-Recovery.zip again. ( INSTALLER, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT TO ORANGE RECOVERY (IF YOU DONT FLASH THIS AGAIN, RECOVERY WILL DISAPPEAR)
4. Flash Magisk v20.
5. Flash Gapps (optional).
6. Flash Patch_no_fde.
Frequently Asked Questions, MIUI OTA, Troubleshooting, and Sundry Information:
* See https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76885728&postcount=3
* TeamWin - for TWRP
* The OrangeFox Team - for your hard work
* ATG and Dadi11 - for Redwolf
* Kirillmaster4 - for graphics
* z31s1g - for TWRP theme
* @mauronofrio - for the decryption on Mi A3
* All our helpers and testers ( @prakaship78 , @nelinthon_Kekis , @Dvyhrs , @ihsaneDZ and the others ) - for your patience and help
* Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
* Up-to-date Oreo kernel, built from sources
* Increased compatibility with TWRP
* Updated with latest TWRP commits
* Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
* Built-in support for installing Magisk
* AromaFM [only for some devices]
* Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
* Better language support
* Optimized versions of community scripts
* Fox theme engine:
- choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
- choice of color scheme
- choice of splash screen
* Alternative lockscreen
* And many more!
Screenshots - see below
Visit to https://orangefox.tech/
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
...bla bla bla...
1. Download the OrangeFox zip file, copy to your computer and your device.
2. Unpack the zip and input recovery.img to your pc desktop.
3. Open cmd and give this command "fastboot flash boot recovery.img"
4. Reboot to recovery.
5. When boot orangefox recovery install > OrangeFox-R10.0_2-laurel_sprout.zip [Download Latest Build] .
...bla bla bla...