[OFFICIAL][R10.0][Stable] OrangeFox Recovery Mi A3 [laurel_sprout]

Search This thread

gamernayeem

Mar 14, 2015
Dhaka
why does my phone keeps booting into recovery instead of rom, same thing happened to me with twrp, i cant believe i cant even install twrp properly

iamurbossjay

Apr 3, 2012
Urdaneta
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot set_active a
Setting current slot to 'a'...
FAILED (remote: Slot Change is not allowed in Lock State

Any help about this error? Thanks!

milad192

May 10, 2010
I'm on last official android 10 fastboot
then i test this way an don't work on android 10 base rom
so find solution
you must unlocked bootloader...
flash official android 9 fastboot with mifla and selected flash all.Don't select flash all and lock.and waiting to complete.
after boot complete setup then factory reset and go to bootloader and set active b slot and erase boot
fastboot flash boot recovery.img
hold up volume + and fastboot reboot this way work for me and i use pixel experience

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200401-085305.png
    Screenshot_20200401-085305.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Screenshot_20200401-085315.png
    Screenshot_20200401-085315.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Screenshot_20200401-085324.png
    Screenshot_20200401-085324.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 282

amnher

Just wanna ask for help i flashed this on slot A then i was able to do so and was able to boot it so i formatted the data because it is required on a custom rom. but now I cant boot orange recovery on slot A. I tried fastboot erase and flash boot on slot but it doesnt work. on Slot B it boots recovery. why?

Frank.G

Aug 31, 2016
4. When OrangeFox recovery boots, if you have the stock boot.img that matches the build on this "currently active" slot, flash it into boot partition. If you don't have, then just ignore this step...(it's not mandatory)
Hi guys, what's the difference about this step if I do?

Tyrese117

Apr 22, 2018
Tbilisi
Can I flash orange fox recovery via twrp to replace twrp?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Does orange fox supports ota?

udaycr

Apr 15, 2015
Hyderabad
I'm on last official android 10 fastboot
then i test this way an don't work on android 10 base rom
so find solution
you must unlocked bootloader...
flash official android 9 fastboot with mifla and selected flash all.Don't select flash all and lock.and waiting to complete.
after boot complete setup then factory reset and go to bootloader and set active b slot and erase boot
hold up volume + and fastboot reboot this way work for me and i use pixel experience

By rolling back to Android 9 from Q, did you not have to flash persist.img to get wifi and Bluetooth working again?
Did you not have any issues at all?

trkzmn

May 3, 2018
Can I flash orange fox recovery via twrp to replace twrp?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Does orange fox supports ota?
You can flash this recovery using twrp. (But this file must to be OrangeFox zip file)

It supports the miui ota. Also you should to know this if you modify stock rom (root or else) before updating (flashing) ota you must to flash full rom.

Sorry for late answer

trkzmn

May 3, 2018
Guys if you have any problem with this recovery please report me with proper log(s). Please read main post carefully (espacially instructions) before report issue(s)

Also i've seen that some user trying to booting recovery from fastboot. You should to know that there is no command for this device (reason: idk ask Xiaomi why they did this)

Tyrese117

Apr 22, 2018
Tbilisi
You can flash this recovery using twrp. (But this file must to be OrangeFox zip file)

It supports the miui ota. Also you should to know this if you modify stock rom (root or else) before updating (flashing) ota you must to flash full rom.

Sorry for late answer
I flashed using twrp and it stuck on orangefox logo. Even I couldn't boot system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OrangeFox Recovery Project
    logo.jpg
    Redwolf fork​
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    OrangeFox is FREE SOFTWARE

Supports Treble, Miui, Custom Roms

Download:
    Stable Builds
    OrangeFox Recovery R10.0_2.1 [Latest]

INSTALLATION:

1- How to install OrangeFox Recovery ?

Method-1=
    1. Download the OrangeFox zip file and copy it to your device (internal or external storage)
    2. Extract the recovery.img from the zip and store it, on the folder where you have adb and fastboot files, on your PC
    3. Open a cmd line and execute these commands (being on that folder, of course):
    - adb devices (to make sure your device is detected)
    - adb reboot bootloader (to reboot into fastboot mode)
    - fastboot getvar current-slot (to check what's your current active slot)
    - fastboot set_active b (if your active slot was a, if it was b then change it to a)
    - fastboot erase boot
    - fastboot flash boot recovery.img
    - fastboot reboot (NOTE : Before hitting "Enter", long press Vol + on your device until you see the Android One logo. By doing this your device will be forced to boot into Recovery and not into System)
    4. When OrangeFox recovery boots, if you have the stock boot.img that matches the build on this "currently active" slot, flash it into boot partition. If you don't have, then just ignore this step...(it's not mandatory)
    5. Install the OrangeFox zip (always install the latest build available)
    6. Change slot to the one that was active on the beginning of these steps and reboot to Recovery (just to make sure that the slot, in fact, was changed)
    7. Reboot to System
    8. Enjoy!

Method-2=
    0. Backup your ROM and all your files
    1. Download the OrangeFox zip file to your device
    2. Reboot to your custom TWRP-based Recovery
    3. Install the OrangeFox zip file as a normal zip
    4. The device will automatically reboot into OrangeFox recovery after installation (allow this to happen)
    5. Enjoy!

2 -How to flash rom(s) using OrangeFox Recovery:

1. Format data (TIPPING YES).
    2. Flash rom zip (PE, BEAST, ATOM
    ETC...)
    3. Flash OrangeFox-Recovery.zip again. ( INSTALLER, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT TO ORANGE RECOVERY (IF YOU DONT FLASH THIS AGAIN, RECOVERY WILL DISAPPEAR)
    4. Flash Magisk v20.
    5. Flash Gapps (optional).
    6. Flash Patch_no_fde.

Frequently Asked Questions, MIUI OTA, Troubleshooting, and Sundry Information:
    * See https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76885728&postcount=3

Credits
    * TeamWin - for TWRP
    * The OrangeFox Team - for your hard work
    * ATG and Dadi11 - for Redwolf
    * Kirillmaster4 - for graphics
    * z31s1g - for TWRP theme
    * @mauronofrio - for the decryption on Mi A3
    * All our helpers and testers ( @prakaship78 , @nelinthon_Kekis , @Dvyhrs , @ihsaneDZ and the others ) - for your patience and help

FEATURES:
    * Supports Treble and non-Treble ROMs
    * Up-to-date Oreo kernel, built from sources
    * Increased compatibility with TWRP
    * Updated with latest TWRP commits
    * Built-in support for installing init.d functionality
    * Built-in support for installing Magisk
    * AromaFM [only for some devices]
    * Password
    * Support for Miui and Custom ROMs
    * Better language support
    * Optimized versions of community scripts
    * Fox theme engine:
    - choice of theme (black, dark, etc)
    - choice of color scheme
    - choice of splash screen
    * Alternative lockscreen
    * And many more!

Screenshots - see below

Visit to https://orangefox.tech/
    Anyone fix this error

There is recovery.img

I already changed name to .img and then try..but nothing happened

On the first image your running commands on "C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot" folder.

On the second image your showing the files on "C:\adb" folder.

You must run the commands on the folder where you have the img file stored! Rename the file!!? WTF!?

Besides, you didn't read the instructions carefully, not only your running the command to change slot wrong but, also, you've tried to flash recovery.img into currently active slot before trying to change slot (based on your command history on first image).

PLEASE!

If you're not comfortable doing these simple steps, or if you don't have patience to read all instructions carefully, then just DON'T DO ANYTHING!!

People with this kind of behavior are the main reason why most devs often just drop development. How will you be able to successfully flash a ROM and/or report true bugs, if you're not able to just execute simple commands that have been explained step by step? Maybe my instructions weren't clear enough....perhaps I should have start the steps with:

"Turn on your computer";
    "Put your hands on your keyboard and mouse";
    "Login to your account";
    etc....

ALSO, the recovery on the OP has been updated. Even if you did everything correctly you would end up on fastboot since your trying to flash the wrong OF version!

Please, search, please read, please...USE YOUR BRAIN!
    OrangeFox Recovery R10.0_2.1 Changes
    * Fix stuck in fastboot mode after flashing OrangeFox with fastboot
    Post Changes
    1. OrangeFox recovery installation made easier with explanations (Thanks to @Typhus_)
    2. Custom rom install method added (Thanks to @nelinthon)
    ...bla bla bla...

INSTALLATION:
    Method-1=
    1. Download the OrangeFox zip file, copy to your computer and your device.
    2. Unpack the zip and input recovery.img to your pc desktop.
    3. Open cmd and give this command "fastboot flash boot recovery.img"
    4. Reboot to recovery.
    5. When boot orangefox recovery install > OrangeFox-R10.0_2-laurel_sprout.zip [Download Latest Build] .
    6. Enjoy :)

...bla bla bla...

Hello!

Thanks for your work, truly appreciate it.

Could you update the OP with the install method that I'm going to describe next? It's just to avoid future complications (lost of Wi-Fi, sound, etc...) for Noob users.

1. Download the OrangeFox zip file and copy it to your device (internal or external storage)
    2. Extract the recovery.img from the zip and store it, on the folder where you have adb and fastboot files, on your PC
    3. Open a cmd line and execute these commands (being on that folder, of course):
      adb devices (to make sure your device is detected)
      adb reboot bootloader (to reboot into fastboot mode)
      fastboot getvar current-slot (to check what's your current active slot)
      fastboot set_active b (if your active slot was a, if it was b then change it to a)
      fastboot erase boot
      fastboot reboot (NOTE : Before hitting "Enter", long press Vol + on your device until you see the Android One logo. By doing this your device will be forced to boot into Recovery and not into System)
    5. Install the OrangeFox zip (always install the latest build available)
    6. Change slot to the one that was active on the beginning of these steps and reboot to Recovery (just to make sure that the slot, in fact, was changed)
    7. Reboot to System
    8. Enjoy :)

Why do I suggest this? Well, please read the hidden content:

By doing this method (which seems more complicated but I've tried my best to explain it as if I were explaining it to a 4 years old kid...) we will flash the recovery.img into the "inactive" slot, thus, not breaking anything on the "currently active" slot. When OrangeFox boots, it will patch both slots boot ramdisks. But the thing is, on the "currently active" slot (the one inactive on the beginning) it will patch the recovery.img but, on the "currently inactive" slot (the one that was active on the beginning), it will patch the stock boot.img, thus, no bug will happen that usually appears when a user accidentally flashes the wrong boot.img into boot partition. On the other hand, if we have the stock boot.img, that matches the build on the "inactive" slot, we could flash it into boot partition before installing the zip that patches ramdisk. By doing this we will patch both stock boot.img present on both slots (instead of patching recovery.img and boot.img).

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Hello....again...

I've just tested the install method that I've explained but, unfortunately, it's not working.

OrangeFox recovery only boots if the installer zip is run through TWRP...don't really know why since I've tested a lot of times doing this exact same method with TWRP recovery, and it's working. It should be working here as well.

Anyway the OF recovery boots but I think that it does not decrypt data. It doesn't gets frozen on the welcome screen (like before) but it doesn't decrypt (I see all the files with the "weird" names). This, of course, is only bad for those who want to remain on stock ROM. For anyone who wants to move on to custom ROMs, just format user data and your set to go.

Cheers!