Search This thread

eresen

Apr 1, 2007
Brackley
I have released OrangeFox R10.1 Beta

Downloads
:
Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/orangefox/files/nitrogen/
OrangeFox download site: https://files.orangefox.tech/OrangeFox-Stable/nitrogen/

Changelog (General for R10.1): https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/changelog#orangefox-r101

FAQ and Guides: https://wiki.orangefox.tech/en/guides

Incremental MIUI OTA:
Due to recent changes in stock MIUI, you must not disable DM-Verity when flashing a stock MIUI ROM that is based on either Android Pie, or Android 10 (the relevant option in OrangeFox is now unticked by default). If you disable DM-Verity, incremental MIUI OTA updates will definitely not work.

Great Thanks

Wmateria

Oct 13, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Is everything okay with Android 10 ROMs? (eg, decryption is fine, even with the latest firmwares)?

Thanks.
OrangeFox has been doing very well up til now, no problems with decryption. Although latest Xiaomi EU roms has encryption, i keep that on and haven't messed around but flashing dm-verity or anything like that. It does not give me any System as root shennagins or error on data wipe like the Mi 9T does. So all is good.

I don't do backups since i only to clean install, and no OTA's.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthJabba9

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
You don't have the mobile?
No, I do not. But I am not sure what is the point of the question, because even if I did have the device, and even if I had the time, energy or inclination to, I could not possibly test it on every single ROM, encrypted, decrypted, Lineage, AOSP, MIUI, Pie, Android 10, OTA, no OTA, flash, backup, restore, rooted, non-rooted, etc etc.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
No, I do not. But I am not sure what is the point of the question, because even if I did have the device, and even if I had the time, energy or inclination to, I could not possibly test it on every single ROM, encrypted, decrypted, Lineage, AOSP, MIUI, Pie, Android 10, OTA, no OTA, flash, backup, restore, rooted, non-rooted, etc etc.

Android 10 custom roms for this device are still heavily flawed and can be considered in alpha stage.

even the maintainer who made quasi all of them said they were "too early" releases.

this is why one cannot assume to have a large enough user base to get feedback concerning android 10 for this device.

also i assume that most users who are rooted and use this great recovery are on a custom rom, pie though, rather than miui (i do not say none are)
and this all together might be the innocent and understandable reason why you did not get any feedback, don't take it personal, it's more off a tech-reason than anything personal or lack of anything.

I check for android 10 rom states about once a week and there was ZERO progress during the last few weeks, i mean foreground progress, i think there was some background progress but who knows how long it well take.

after all xiaomi makes so (too) many devices, so that the work to keep them all current, up and running is huge and understandably so
does not always happen and at times when it does, does so very slowly.

I shall keep your request in mind and post here as soon as i found a custom rom worthy to try it out. After all the PIE-Rom i'm using is close
to perfect and i'd rather not spoil the device since it's my entertainment system on my motor-bike that i depend on on a daily basis.

best

M

:highfive:

Reactions: GEoMaNTiK

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
There have been Android 10 releases for MIUI 11 since December ...

I know that and i even wrote my explanation:

I believe that only a small fraction of users who take on unlocking the bootloader and root their device would go with MIUI

Of course there is a use case for everything but usually people who root and unlock their bootloaders preferedly go with custom roms
and they are sparse.

In fact i just wanted to give you a probably explanation why there was no feedback to your question. At least in my case i would long be on
AOSIP or another decent ROM if Android 10 either exitsted and/or were in a decent state/quality available which is not the case by now.
So in my case this is the reason why i cannot answer your question and as you see i take my time to reply, and if it's only to let you know why I and others i know cannot reply, because we don't like MIUI and custom roms are not ready.

hope i was able to clarify

M.

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Yes, you were. Thanks. :highfive: But this knowledge does not advance my situation very much. So I guess I will just have to make an executive decision about what to do next ...

As i'm checking for a decent Android 10 Rom about weekly i still hope there will be one and as soon as i have installed it I shall let you know how it behaves.

For now this is the only recovery that does the job flawlessly on my PIE Rom (AOSIP rooted)

Perhaps the best would be to let it be as is for the moment, work perfectly on 9 and no real need for 10 and in case that
10 Roms are poping up in numbers and decent quality I'll let you know and you can reconsider.

Best

M.

Reactions: GEoMaNTiK

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
As i'm checking for a decent Android 10 Rom about weekly i still hope there will be one and as soon as i have installed it I shall let you know how it behaves....
Thanks. But I am already updating the device tree to Android 10 blobs, and moving the recovery to SAR mode (already undergoing testing under Android 10 MIUI).

As long as the current versions work fine with Pie ROMs, then I can move full steam ahead with Android 10 in respect of future releases and developments.

GEoMaNTiK

Jan 10, 2010
Huawei Watch
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
As i'm checking for a decent Android 10 Rom about weekly i still hope there will be one and as soon as i have installed it I shall let you know how it behaves.

For now this is the only recovery that does the job flawlessly on my PIE Rom (AOSIP rooted)

Perhaps the best would be to let it be as is for the moment, work perfectly on 9 and no real need for 10 and in case that
10 Roms are poping up in numbers and decent quality I'll let you know and you can reconsider.

Best

M.

I've been using Havoc 3.0 rom for some time, aside from the very rare freeze up on my 6/128 model, I'm happy with this Android 10 rom.

Enough customisations and working without issues for my every day phone.

Still, I will be happy when the new Android 10 ROMs finally arrive - however, Havoc will do me for now.

Reactions: magnamentis

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Yes Orangefox works fine.
I have found any firmware newer than 9.9.3 doesn't work for me.
When trying the newer firmware releases, I would either get a bootloop or apps using GPS would freeze up. With 9.9.3 it's great.

great info, thanks perhaps i give it a try but at least the dev got an answer finally ;)

Excellent.

There was exactly the same issue with another device (violet) until the library blobs in the device tree were updated to Android 10 blobs. This might be necessary with this device too ...

I'm on firmware_9.12.26 without issues, what exactly would be the issues to expect, perhaps i don't use the features and hence didn't recognize.
If it's only a problem on A10 roms/recoveries the question would be obsolete due to i'm still using PIE but then i thought to better ask to be sure.

this having no issues goes for ROM as well as the Recovery that are: AOSIP/PIE + OrangeFox 10.0.

DarthJabba9

Recognized Developer
May 5, 2014
Greater London
great info, thanks perhaps i give it a try but at least the dev got an answer finally ;)
Indeed :D

I'm on firmware_9.12.26 without issues, what exactly would be the issues to expect, perhaps i don't use the features and hence didn't recognize.
If it's only a problem on A10 roms/recoveries the question would be obsolete due to i'm still using PIE but then i thought to better ask to be sure.

this having no issues goes for ROM as well as the Recovery that are: AOSIP/PIE + OrangeFox 10.0.
The issues on violet were with A10 ROMs and firmwares higher than 9.9.3, and the issues all related to the recovery being able to decrypt the data partition. The ROMs were fine, but all recoveries had issues. Once the device tree was updated with A10 blobs, everything was sorted.

With nitrogen (as with all other supported devices) I wouldn't expect any problems with Pie ROMs - the real issue is A10 - especially encrypted devices.

Reactions: magnamentis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts