• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] OrangeFox Recovery Project [R11.1][mojito][sunny]

Search This thread

Saeless

I'm going to unlock it.
After unlocking how should i proceed?directly flash irangefox recovery using flashboot?
or first boot into orangefox recovery using fastboot and then flash recvery from within the orangefox recovery?
There is a full guide to install the zip.
Flash OrangeFox Recovery by using the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command
Reboot into OrangeFox by pressing the power + volume up keys, until you see the OrangeFox splash screen (the keys may be may vary on your device)
After OrangeFox has booted up, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
Find and select the OrangeFox zip on your phone, tap on it, and swipe to install it (because OrangeFox Recovery needs some files from the zip)
After installation, the phone will automatically reboot into OrangeFox.

mojako358

Sep 19, 2021
There is a full guide to install the zip.
Flash OrangeFox Recovery by using the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command
Reboot into OrangeFox by pressing the power + volume up keys, until you see the OrangeFox splash screen (the keys may be may vary on your device)
After OrangeFox has booted up, check that everything is working – eg, that it has mounted the data partition successfully, and that the touchscreen works.
Find and select the OrangeFox zip on your phone, tap on it, and swipe to install it (because OrangeFox Recovery needs some files from the zip)
After installation, the phone will automatically reboot into OrangeFox.
Thanks a lot,i'm going to try it.I'll repot back soon

Reactions: Saeless

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
Is there a problem when installing ROM regards on selecting slots?
It depends on which slot is active when installing the ROM. This is probably not true for all ROMs. I'm not even sure how the activation of the other slot occurred, at which point the ROM announced the need for a slot change. The ROM installation reported it at the successful end.
I started the ROM installation and at the end of the installation there was a message that I needed to install in the other slot as well. However, after selecting the second slot in Orange FOX and restarting recovery, the active slot was not changed. So I had to go to fastboot and change the slot by entering the command manually.

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
It depends on which slot is active when installing the ROM. This is probably not true for all ROMs. I'm not even sure how the activation of the other slot occurred, at which point the ROM announced the need for a slot change. The ROM installation reported it at the successful end.
I started the ROM installation and at the end of the installation there was a message that I needed to install in the other slot as well. However, after selecting the second slot in Orange FOX and restarting recovery, the active slot was not changed. So I had to go to fastboot and change the slot by entering the command manually.
i have face problem when installing kernel its boot to fastboot. recovery fox remove after bootloop. even i instaall back again twrp its stuck on fastboot. the only way i fix is to format and install again custom rom. i dont know how crazy this recovery are, im stick for now twrp. 2x bootloop 2x install custom rom again

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
im stick twrp..many bugs i encounter. is it a problem installing rom and changing slot. i think thats the same problem when i try to install kernel and after boot it stuck on fastboot. also fox recovery are gone also. thats why i need to install twrp using fastboot

Anish Louis

May 25, 2021
Redmi Note 10
i have face problem when installing kernel its boot to fastboot. recovery fox remove after bootloop. even i instaall back again twrp its stuck on fastboot. the only way i fix is to format and install again custom rom. i dont know how crazy this recovery are, im stick for now twrp. 2x bootloop 2x install custom rom again
I also tried to flash neternels custom kernel using orange fox, but stuck at bootloop, cant boot to recovery . Then I flashed twrp for flashing orange fox, dirty flashed the crdroid again using orange fox. (I mean I cant install custom kernel using orange)
I have a doubt that i got zip file from the orange fox xda thread. Can i get img file so that i can directly flash orange recovery on fastboot. Or can I flash zip file on fastboot which i never tried.

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
I also tried to flash neternels custom kernel using orange fox, but stuck at bootloop, cant boot to recovery . Then I flashed twrp for flashing orange fox, dirty flashed the crdroid again using orange fox. (I mean I cant install custom kernel using orange)
I have a doubt that i got zip file from the orange fox xda thread. Can i get img file so that i can directly flash orange recovery on fastboot. Or can I flash zip file on fastboot which i never tried.
thats was i second do that .just use recovery.img and install recovery on ramdisk. the problem is install kernel and bootloop and then i install twrp at the same time it stuck on fastboot. something that os not restart again after bootloop happen. meaning its corrupted so you need to install rom again.

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
update status: everytime i flash twrp ramdisk/current its stuck in boot. when i install rom using dirty flash the twrp img are gone. mean to say no recovery. so i decided to clean flash miui and then install twrp and rom again. i dont know what happen.. but its like everytime you flash it goes wrong

• Sad
Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Sep 19, 2021
Redmi Note 10
update status: everytime i flash twrp ramdisk/current its s tuck in boot. when i install rom using dirty flash the twrp img are gone. mean to say no recovery. so i decided to clean flash miui and then install twrp and rom again. i dont know what happen.. but its like everytime you flash it
on twrp : unable to merge status
That's bad. I have flashed but haven't use. Thinking of going to cherish os but you got me scared will check in a bit. For now i think sticking to twrp is best idea💡

StaryMuz

Dec 27, 2012
I'm wondering what steps you are taking in starting and installing recovery. Whether TWRP or Orange FOX. I think you are doing something wrong.

The following applies:
1) If I use the "fastboot flash boot recovery.img" command in fastboot mode, there will be a boot to recovery only and no boot for ROM.
2) You can start the recovery without installation from fastboot mode with the command "fastboot boot recovery.img". Then the recovery is not installed, but only started once. The boot for the ROM remains untouched. Only TWRP recovery can be run this way.
3) If you install the ROM, or the boot.img itself, you will lose any existing recovery and it will be replaced with a new one.
4) Permanent installation of custom recovery is only possible after prior installation of the ROM or its boot.img. There are three options.
If the ROM has stock recovery, you must first run TWRP without installation ( point 2.) and install the selected recovery from the running TWRP to the ramdisk.
As for Orange FOX, install it while running TWRP via sideload (full ZIP file).
If the ROM contains custom recovery, then there is no need to run TWRP and either install to ramdisk or install ZIP Orange FOX.

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
I'm wondering what steps you are taking in starting and installing recovery. Whether TWRP or Orange FOX. I think you are doing something wrong.

The following applies:
1) If I use the "fastboot flash boot recovery.img" command in fastboot mode, there will be a boot to recovery only and no boot for ROM.
2) You can start the recovery without installation from fastboot mode with the command "fastboot boot recovery.img". Then the recovery is not installed, but only started once. The boot for the ROM remains untouched. Only TWRP recovery can be run this way.
3) If you install the ROM, or the boot.img itself, you will lose any existing recovery and it will be replaced with a new one.
4) Permanent installation of custom recovery is only possible after prior installation of the ROM or its boot.img. There are three options.
If the ROM has stock recovery, you must first run TWRP without installation ( point 2.) and install the selected recovery from the running TWRP to the ramdisk.
As for Orange FOX, install it while running TWRP via sideload (full ZIP file).
If the ROM contains custom recovery, then there is no need to run TWRP and either install to ramdisk or install ZIP Orange FOX.
Yeah thats my bad in first place.

first is I command "fastboot flash boot recovery.img" that's my wrong and I'm sorry for that. And I review on yt that correct install twrp is "fastboot boot recovery.img" when on your recovery "select advance then flash current twrp"
In this steps my rom successfully startup and twrp also installed already.

akoaypinoy

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah thats my bad in first place.

first is I command "fastboot flash boot recovery.img" that's my wrong and I'm sorry for that. And I review on yt that correct install twrp is "fastboot boot recovery.img" when on your recovery "select advance then flash current twrp"
In this steps my rom successfully startup and twrp also installed already.
I install orange fox using flash and not sideload, 🤭

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts