[OFFICIAL][RECOVERY] The OrangeFox Recovery Project [R11.1]

Search This thread

jdd1996

Aug 13, 2020
You are experienced and know everything nothing else left
Hey i just felt like leaving that message to critizice it .
To critizice the company, im sorry if i overdid it , im sorry for ranting and expressing myself.

I managed to repair it, by downloading the firmware, Dandelion_Global_images_V-12.0.3.0.QCDMIX
And did.
sudo fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

The Phone booted back up now, and its working now, for now im gonna look for a way to flash another ROM with better functions. Im very Impatient with these things, im sorry.

" If anyone can recommend me a good
Custom Rom for this device, that's very appreciated <3 "

Last edited:

the_arxyn

Jul 27, 2021
Redmi 9A
Redmi Note 12 5G
Hey i just felt like leaving that message to critizice it .
To critizice the company, im sorry if i overdid it , im sorry for ranting and expressing myself.

I managed to repair it, by downloading the firmware, Dandelion_Global_images_V-12.0.3.0.QCDMIX
And did.
sudo fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

The Phone booted back up now, and its working now, for now im gonna look for a way to flash another ROM with better functions. Im very Impatient with these things, im sorry.

" If anyone can recommend me a good
Custom Rom for this device, that's very appreciated <3 "

You can try nusantara or crdroid on this device

Reactions: jdd1996

jdd1996

Aug 13, 2020
You can try nusantara or crdroid on this device
Those are very good recommendations, thank you.
Currently , im going to install a Treble ROM.
And from there, i'll try to compile the kernel, and then make a Nethunter Kernel for the Redmi 9A, if i succeed i'll make a tutorial.

the_arxyn

Jul 27, 2021
Redmi 9A
Redmi Note 12 5G
And from there, i'll try to compile the kernel, and then make a Nethunter Kernel for the Redmi 9A, if i succeed i'll make a tutorial.

if you success tell me also bcoz i am also trying for nethunter from months but cant do anything about kernel

the_arxyn

Jul 27, 2021
Redmi 9A
Redmi Note 12 5G

btw what do u prefer flashing nethunter gsi with custom recovery or nethunter on magisk for good performance

jdd1996

Aug 13, 2020
btw what do u prefer flashing nethunter gsi with custom recovery or nethunter on magisk for good performance
I've never done this before. So im just now learning actually, for now i'm collecting all the necessary
Requirements to start building.

You mean this?
From what i see-- That " Nethunter on Magisk " Module hasn't been updated properly in 3 years, i dont recommend that method. Performance is relative to the device and how you build the apk.

If you read carefully in the github page of that module it says

Not Working:​

Anything which requires the custom kernel/ramdisk will not work out of the box. This includes:

• Wi-Fi injection (requires custom kernel/ramdisk)
  • HID Interfaces (BadUSB/Duckhunter etc. - also requires custom kernel/ramdisk)

Note:This is an unofficial build.
So out of the box you dont have certain functions, thats not the recommended method. Its not even an official build/method. AND its clearly a Systemless version, even if its Chroot i think it'll have errors when we start to pentest, to test security, the adapters wont work, and most likely tools will be buggy.

By experience working with linux, its best to stick to the code and methods of the original Kali Nethunter developers.

I recommend Having Magisk already, Build the APK yourself, The modified kernel yourself.
Use the Custom Recovery as explained on the official kali-nethunter website.

Then Flash 1 thing at a time and test, imo its best in this order.

Flash the modified kernel = Test and see if it boots, how it behaves.
Then Flash APK into the phone = Test and see.
(Both of these have to be built from scratch, thats what i think)

Thats how its supposed to be. The apk has to be totally part of the System if we want to have functionalities out of the box, and if we want them to work without bugs.

It'll be like giving the Nethunter APK a proper $PATH to its files in a Linux Environment.

For example i just remembered:

What do we see in Kali linux when we use it?
" All Softwares/Tools are installed already in bin, in usr, etc (in their proper locations)
So its integrated to the system.

When we want to install a new tool to kali, what do we do?
"Make install (processes) "
"sudo apt install "

____
So we're literally always integrating softwares to the System, i think this is the proper way to do things, in my experience, most tools work better like that. If not done this way, say " Run aircrack ng without installing " it'll be super buggy.
That means it has to be flashed into the device through a custom recovery, yes or yes.

Last edited:

rond14

Aug 1, 2013
Hi, I've got a Redmi 10A and I noticed that it's similar to the 9A, I tried to flash this recovery, however, it's stuck on OF logo. Other recoveries like Pitchblack or TWRP have not working the touchscreen. Any idea why this is happening? Anyone with a 10A?

rond14

Aug 1, 2013
Hi, I've got a Redmi 10A and I noticed that it's similar to the 9A, I tried to flash this recovery, however, it's stuck on OF logo. Other recoveries like Pitchblack or TWRP have not working the touchscreen. Any idea why this is happening? Anyone with a 10A?
I solved the OF stuck on logo by entering stock recovery, formatting data and not letting MIUI to encrypt the phone, so you need to wait the format data and then go to fastboot mode before phone is encrypted.

Anyway, even after entering OF I have the touchscreen not working, apparently is due to a driver missing.

jdd1996

Aug 13, 2020
I thought to flash nethunter gsi but what are you talking about building app (which and how)
Im still stuck, i cant build the kernel if you can help me, its appreciated, im about to throw this thing to the thrash. (I give up for now, or forever)
I followed this tutorial, but no success
I meet with an error after i use the command;

make O=../out -j2

(I suck at building stuff)

It seems you managed to build the kernel with the proper Drivers and Injection- Monitor mode patch

To build the APP/Image there is this tutorial -- https://www.kali.org/docs/nethunter/building-nethunter/
(Thats what i found/at least thats how i think it works)

There is a command that says:

To build an app and scripts updater image for a OnePlus 7 device, we would run build.py as follows:

kali@kali:~/kali-nethunter/nethunter-installer$ python3 build.py -d oneplus7-oos --ten
(So i gues we would need to choose our device, or just simply try with a generic apk)

Last edited:

jdd1996

Aug 13, 2020

Nevermind im such a retard, information from 2 years ago is not relevant to today.
Magisk has changed.
@the_arxyn You're right you can flash it as a module and it will work, well its not perfect, but it works well for now.

Im sorry about anything wrong i said, but still the fact remains that the kernel must be built and compiled somehow hehe ...

the_arxyn

Jul 27, 2021
Redmi 9A
Redmi Note 12 5G
Yea kernel i important for full privilege

Nevermind im such a retard, information from 2 years ago is not relevant to today.
Magisk has changed.
@the_arxyn You're right you can flash it as a module and it will work, well its not perfect, but it works well for now.

Im sorry about anything wrong i said, but still the fact remains that the kernel must be built and compiled somehow hehe ...

Medical-Ability8993

Mar 14, 2023
Hi ,I have problem with recovery on redmi 9A dandelion after flashing TWRP evrything was fine.I installed linge.os and it didnt booted after reboot it seemed like soft brick so i made clean install to stock rom and now i can only ope recovery when i install stock one any custom recovery is getting stuck on splash screen. Any ideas?

RyZe0909

May 15, 2023
after flashing recovery.img, i booted into recovery and it just stays on the orange fox recovery logo

Top Liked Posts